Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter is UP!

Sensuki

Was over 100k already when I noticed the KS is up. Will give something as well as soon as PayPal is up.

I've got no idea who Isobel Yeung is, but I approve that picture above.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Would like to have an excuse to back for more than the minimum, but not much incentive to do so just yet. I understand why they've moved away from fixed shipping prices, but in terms of backing it does put me off a bit not knowing exactly how much it'd cost me on top of the actual pledge.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

None of the higher level rewards look particularly interesting. They seem to be steering away from physical goods; probably for good reason yes, and yet... a t-shirt, laptop sticker, or mouse pad would be nice.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I'll likely back at the $35 level to get the digital toolbox.

I see your fascination with rodents extends to rat shaman avatars.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

None of the higher level rewards look particularly interesting. They seem to be steering away from physical goods; ...

As they wrote:

"We know from experience that fulfilling lots of physical rewards is a big, distracting, and expensive undertaking and we want your funding to go into making a quality game - not into shipping a bunch of tchotchkes. Remember, the people making your game are also the ones making and sending your stuff!"

So imho it's totally okay. Less money on physical goods = more money for gametime fun :-)

None of the higher level rewards look particularly interesting. They seem to be steering away from physical goods; ...

As they wrote:

"We know from experience that fulfilling lots of physical rewards is a big, distracting, and expensive undertaking and we want your funding to go into making a quality game - not into shipping a bunch of tchotchkes. Remember, the people making your game are also the ones making and sending your stuff!"

So imho it's totally okay. Less money on physical goods = more money for gametime fun :-)

Well, just as long as less money on physical goods != less money period.

Good news but their KS campaign is way off.

I don't believe they could (or would) develop the game for $100k. And stretch goals are mostly fluff - at least for now (up to $400k). Which translates into "for 4x budget we'll deliver just a little bit more than for 1x".

Believable minimum budget is $1m.

• Like 1

You should read or watch before you write...

Why Kickstarter?

Because we want to do more.

We're totally committed to making Shadowrun: Hong Kong and we're already several months into development. The project is budgeted, fully staffed, and on-schedule for a mid-2015 release. We also have a story we're really excited about. At our current budget, it's going to be 12+ hours long and at the quality level of Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut.

The same is said in the pitch video.

• Like 3

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Good news but their KS campaign is way off.

I don't believe they could (or would) develop the game for $100k. And stretch goals are mostly fluff - at least for now (up to $400k). Which translates into "for 4x budget we'll deliver just a little bit more than for 1x".

Believable minimum budget is $1m.

They would have delivered the game even without this Kickstarter campaign. This is for more money to include further content and improvements to the game. Just like Divinity: Original Sin did.

• Like 3

Ah, I see. So it's more like D:OS KS this time. Makes sense alright. Still they could easily set a higher initial goal.

Yes they could, but why would they? It's high enough to show they take it seriously, but low enough to make success very likely.

Ah, I see. So it's more like D:OS KS this time. Makes sense alright. Still they could easily set a higher initial goal.

Yes they could, but why would they? It's high enough to show they take it seriously, but low enough to make success very likely.

Maybe if it goes way overboard and they run out of goals they will do something else. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Maybe if it goes way overboard and they run out of goals they will do something else. 

2.5 million stretch goal - Scrap the game and make a linear first person shooter with massive setpieces and an overabundance of QTEs instead.  :shifty:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

$404k already. It's going good. Still 33 days to go.

And here I thought most people were already burned out of KS.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2.5 million stretch goal - Scrap the game and make a linear first person shooter with massive setpieces and an overabundance of QTEs instead.  :shifty:

Keyrock I say this with the utmost respect; **** you and your joke. That **** gave the shivers.

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

$404k already. It's going good. Still 33 days to go.

And here I thought most people were already burned out of KS.

Well because this KS has a solid track record and the game will be made either way, so it poses little risk to back.

For other no name KS yes trust is low......

• Like 2

Keyrock I say this with the utmost respect; **** you and your joke. That **** gave the shivers.

Eyebrow_raise_community.gif

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2.5 million stretch goal - Scrap the game and make a linear first person shooter with massive setpieces and an overabundance of QTEs instead.  shifty.gif

Nah. Action FPS-RPG with TWO branches.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2.5 million stretch goal - Scrap the game and make a linear first person shooter with massive setpieces and an overabundance of QTEs instead.  shifty.gif
Nah. Action FPS-RPG with TWO branches.

Dating simulator with qte sex scenes and plenty of SJ issues.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

They need more donations to make a new campaign for Shadowrun Returns?

They ought to at least do a kickstarter for a real cyberpunk RPG without magic or Tolkien races or dragons magically appearing out of the ether at the advent of the supposed Mayan "apocalypse" (as interpreted by Christians, who of course take pagan calendars as legitimate as canon scripture.)

Edited by AGX-17