Any word on when more zones will be available to test?

knightguy

Most games go gold within 5 weeks of release date...some a little sooner some a little later. So the game we receive on launch day will not have been improved on/polished for around a month. This is a big reason as to why there are day 1 patches. A full month is a substantial amount of time to test and fix plenty of issues within the game.

Also I would guess after this next backer beta update there will probably be maybe 1 more update to the beta. There just isn't enough time for Obsidian to get to the substantial amount of bugs they already have combined with the balancing they still have to do. Even if they released 3 more updates to the beta, it will likely provide very little valuable information for them when the game is so close to release and there is already so much to do (especially for the relatively small team they have for this game compared to larger budget games).

Once the game is released and they upload the day 1 patch, that first week or so of general public playing the game will provide a massive amount of information for them to sort through. I would guess that after the highly likely day 1 patch, there will be at least 1 more substantial patch within a month to address the major issues that almost always arise from having a very large number of people playing the game at the same time and discovering many issues that the dev team could not find.

It's indeed very likely that the physical disk copy needs to download a patch right out of the box. Simply no way to go around that with having a static image to print on disks and ship out and all that, while in the meantime the digital version is being worked on till it goes live on Steam/GOG.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee