Any word on when more zones will be available to test?

knightguy

There won't be any more areas included in the beta.

To clarify Sensuki's answer, yes, there will be no more zones added to the backer beta.  There will be more zones to test on the official release day!

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

There won't be any more areas included in the beta.

To clarify Sensuki's answer, yes, there will be no more zones added to the backer beta.  There will be more zones to test on the official release day!

And that will be when? Do we now more about the release day than just "Early 2015"? And if not, what do you guys think? You've been on this for a long time, I guess what the game still needs is polish and bug killing, no? Or are there other important systems yet to be implemented?

• Like 1

And that will be when? Do we now more about the release day than just "Early 2015"? And if not, what do you guys think? You've been on this for a long time, I guess what the game still needs is polish and bug killing, no? Or are there other important systems yet to be implemented?

There is no way the game is launching bug free.  Not only is there the token "lol Obsidian" joke to be made but seriously, no one releases perfect bug free games anymore.  Even the biggest AAA multi million budget games are shipping with bugs now.  So that said yeah, there will be bugs to squash before release just don't expect them to get them all.  Polish wise it actually isn't terribly far off.  All the major systems are in and "working" for the most part.

The big deal now is balancing and fine tuning all the mechanics, doing the final graphical tweaks and additions, maybe adding in some extra touches to maps or audio, etc.

Personally I would expect it to release sometime soonish.  Next three months maybe.  Lots on this forum will say "delay to christmas!" or something equally insane that would probably hurt Obsidian financially.  They have already delayed and pushed back the release date once, they can't do it much more. 

• Like 4

Yeah I can tell you, there will be like 1000 bugs in the game when it is shipped, maybe more. Especially with the content not tested by beta backers (which is 95% of the game's content and many of the class levels/items etc).

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

I didn't even expect for it to ship totally bug-free, but this

Yeah I can tell you, there will be like 1000 bugs in the game when it is shipped, maybe more. Especially with the content not tested by beta backers (which is 95% of the game's content and many of the class levels/items etc).

doesn't sound good xD

Around March sounds good.

And what about the expansion? Will they work on it/release it no matter the game's success? Cause I've backed it =)

• Like 1

Well if you don't pay too much attention to the actual mechanics/way things work etc you might not notice most of them. It won't be as bad as you think but even games that have been out for a while and still have post-release support (ie DotA 2) have hundreds to thousands of bugs still in the game.

• Like 3

I'm sure once it's out, the same people will be round posting all the issues they find here.  I'm on holiday this month so was hoping to get more in before I go back to school next semester.  Guess I'll just have to wait till summer to enjoy the game fully!

Who would want a bug free release anyway? That means lots less to complain about - the forums would probably have to shut down or only open a few hours a day!  :disguise:

• Like 9

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I wish I could play during the semester, but it's my final one, and I'll be stuck with an enormous work load.  After that I'll have my degrees and looking for work with this economy, meaning i'll have plenty of free time to play to my heart's content!

Edited by knightguy

In roughly sixteen years of playing CRPGs I don't think I have every had one 100% bug free.  I always expect at least one official patch.   I do hope they fix the major bugs.  

Edit: On another forum there was a poll for member only that asked on difficulty level you play, Normal, easy, or hard. Over 1000 people replied.  About 68% play on Normal, about 100 people play on easy and about 224 said they played on difficult.   Based on this I think the majority of players will not notice the mechanics at least at first.  Unless the mechanics are really bad.  

Edited by Nakia
  • Like 2

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Well if you don't pay too much attention to the actual mechanics/way things work etc you might not notice most of them. It won't be as bad as you think but even games that have been out for a while and still have post-release support (ie DotA 2) have hundreds to thousands of bugs still in the game.

well for peaple who arent modders this game seems TO buggy right now.

I also agree with Shevek.  Also a lot of the bugs reported are cosmetic and may not even be noticed by casual plalyers.  It is the job of the BB players to be fussy and bring things to the devs attention.  

nakia_banner.jpg

The problem isn't 1000 bugs, it's about game-breaking bugs. Persistence bugs and the like. Things that make the game frustrating to play or broken go over much less well than "oh this one animation has a small glitch that doesn't affect gameplay in any way."

i'll take a 1000 of the latter instead of even one of the former.

• Like 4

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

This games going to get lower scores than wastland 2 at this rate might not sell ultra super well with 2000 bugs a lot of them huge bugs. :/ tad worried thats it not going  to get a second game :/   ;(

Don't let people freak you out.  The game has gotten better with every patch and it is getting very close to where it needs to be.  I will be very surprised if it doesn't out perform Wasteland 2 on pretty much every front.

• Like 2

I think OE is very aware of their need to fix bugs and that they will concentrate on that.  I also think that folk may be mistaking the BB for a demo rather than as a test.   If they weren't concerned about bugs and balance they could have released the game already. 

nakia_banner.jpg

Re: people looking at the Beta as a demo rather than a test -

It seems to me that many people treat the Beta as more than it is - which IMO is group of 3 small interconnected maps taken completely out of context from the games main quest line with some quite different balancing of quests, XP, leveling, items, factions, etc than the actual game will have - This in turn has been cobbled together so players can try out and give feedback on some of the systems going into place - even tho they are not necessarily working in the same manner they will when the entire game is available.

Some people seem to think they are looking at a much bigger and/or more complete piece of the pie and also seem to assume that they are seeing enough to make enlightened judgements on what the entire game is going to look and play like as a result of either playing the beta or in some cases watching some video of it. 

I'm not saying nothing can be learned but I for one am taking what I see much more lightly considering what I think the beta represents compared to the game itself.

Edited by wanderon
  • Like 1

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...