Is the holiday backlog of reports being read?

Quadrone

Question

I know this might sound needy but I'm getting a bit anxious about these roughly 7 pages of bug reports.

I know the dev team has no time to answer all these threads with some sort of confirmation, but so far only NCarver has posted anything here and even that only in 3 threads. That was also the only time I cought a green reading this part of the forum.

Though, specifically I'm getting uneasy because I submitted a somewhat serious bug early on in 392 and attached a savegame so it could be reproduced. That savegame still has 0 downloads. Made me wonder...

7 answers to this question

I bit disappointed myself that this section doesn't seem to be seeing any love. Maybe the bugs are fixed for the full version of the game- I don't know. But I'm also a bit miffed the last update on their website was November and the game was slated for a Q4 2014 release. Now, don't get me wrong, I *totally* understand that quality game comes before release date- I'm all for that- but some communication would really be nice given that release is now slated for the next month.

I, too, have a fairly gamebreaking bug that has ended my game which hasn't had a reply at all yet.

@Rathlord, you realize the game was delayed until Q1 2015 right? 

It was posted on the forums, Kickstarter and pretty much every RPG gaming site on the net

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68999-update-86-polish-feedback-bugfixing-and-goodies/

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68878-pillars-of-eternity-early-2015-beta-feedback-and-game-polish/

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?1996-Pillars-of-Eternity-Delayed

Edited by Sensuki

Yes, I did hear about the push back of the release date- and like I said, I really do understand. I'm not trying to bash them for that, however, I just feel that communication has been a bit lacking since.

And I'm just a bit miffed that after several hours of play my game isn't playable anymore. I'd like to at least have a "confirmed bug" or something posted that would give me some closure on my save file. Right now I'm just floating in limbo not knowing if it's something stupid I'm missing or a legitimate bug.

Yes, I did hear about the push back of the release date- and like I said, I really do understand. I'm not trying to bash them for that, however, I just feel that communication has been a bit lacking since.

And I'm just a bit miffed that after several hours of play my game isn't playable anymore. I'd like to at least have a "confirmed bug" or something posted that would give me some closure on my save file. Right now I'm just floating in limbo not knowing if it's something stupid I'm missing or a legitimate bug.

I looked up your post to see if I could help you confirm it, but your one submitted bug can't be confirmed, because there's really nothing to go on. Sensuki asked you to upload your savegame, but you haven't, and without any additional information as to what caused it, there's.. really nothing to go on. You're floating in limbo a much as anyone else is based on what you reported.

Just saying.

t50aJUd.jpg

no updates at all, friggin piss off the community. 

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...