To the Development Team

rf5111918

If we are talking post-apocalyptic RPG's, New Vegas easily beats Wasteland 2. Neither game has fantastic combat and Fallout New Vegas does everything better, from exploration to writing to skills to choices and consequences. Even the combat can be argued to be better since it's over more quickly.

That is the only way to judge developers, on their latest work.

Obsidian made Dungeon Siege 3 and Alpha Protocol.

You appear to be contradicting yourself.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
  • Like 2

If we are talking post-apocalyptic RPG's, New Vegas easily beats Wasteland 2. Neither game has fantastic combat and Fallout New Vegas does everything better, from exploration to writing to skills to choices and consequences. Even the combat can be argued to be better since it's over more quickly.

That is the only way to judge developers, on their latest work.

Obsidian made Dungeon Siege 3 and Alpha Protocol.

You appear to be contradicting yourself.

Opinions differ. And opinions of many shot down both those games.

As for WL2 vs FNV, that is also your opinion vs mine. FNV is nowhere near WL2. At least WL2 engine and gameplay is such I could play it for more than 12h to see the content. FNV tries it best to force you to not play it.

Yeah, I agree FNV was much better than WL2 in pretty much every category that matters. About the only thing WL2 has on FNV was the isometric view, and even that was a pain to deal with (as it wasn't a fixed camera).

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

As for WL2 vs FNV, that is also your opinion vs mine. FNV is nowhere near WL2. At least WL2 engine and gameplay is such I could play it for more than 12h to see the content. FNV tries it best to force you to not play it.

You still haven't explained what is supposed to be so groundbreaking about Wasteland 2. If 'FNV is nowhere near WL2', it shouldn't be difficult to. And the engine Wasteland 2 runs on is much worse than the Gamebryo engine. Wasteland 2's gameplay also has lots of issues - no formations, no options in combat besides attacking, skill use is clunky and slow.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
  • Like 1

You still haven't explained what is supposed to be so groundbreaking about Wasteland 2. If 'FNV is nowhere near WL2', it shouldn't be difficult to. And the engine Wasteland 2 runs on is much worse than the Gamebryo engine. Wasteland 2's gameplay also has lots of issues - no formations, no options in combat besides attacking, skill use is clunky and slow.

Didn't we off topic enough? I am sure there are better topic to continue these pointless discussions about personal taste.

Didn't we off topic enough? I am sure there are better topic to continue these pointless discussions about personal taste.

I'm sure there are, but since you're one who brought up this particular topic in the first place, I can only assume you're conceding defeat.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
  • Like 2

As I said, they promised one thing on KS and they need to deliver it now. Not amount of apologists like you are going to change that or save them from pissed off fans.

And I think you are on a wrong forum. The successor for NWN2 forums is .. oh yea. There is NONE! I wonder why... LOL

Continuing on on this way of thinking Baldur's Gate II must have STUNK BAD. Otherwise there would be a BG3 right? rolleyes.gif

As for the other mentioned stuff long looooooong ago;

* Divinity:Original Sin gave me a good taste, and it was free. Here it's doubling the original game. Then I rather have goodies than the beta to work for them. Call me odd...

* Yes, I buy games in bargain, Steam sales etc. The amount paid for this game is excessive for my count. Sorry, not all of us can just pluck up every game they want at release. Fortunately sales and bundles leave me with plenty of games to play, and I get all games 'complete' with all DLC rather than piece-meal like people from the start. Not that bad a deal if you ask me.

* Not that anyone cares but... disliked Dungeon Siege III (while liking the first 2), rather meh about Fallout: New Vegas, South Park was fun for what it was and I really loved Alpha Protocol. I probably don't need to mentioned KOTOR2. NWN2 I have on Steam and GOG (heh) but still haven't played on either... I know; shame on me...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

As I said, they promised one thing on KS and they need to deliver it now. Not amount of apologists like you are going to change that or save them from pissed off fans.

And I think you are on a wrong forum. The successor for NWN2 forums is .. oh yea. There is NONE! I wonder why... LOL

Continuing on on this way of thinking Baldur's Gate II must have STUNK BAD. Otherwise there would be a BG3 right? rolleyes.gif

As for the other mentioned stuff long looooooong ago;

* Divinity:Original Sin gave me a good taste, and it was free. Here it's doubling the original game. Then I rather have goodies than the beta to work for them. Call me odd...

* Yes, I buy games in bargain, Steam sales etc. The amount paid for this game is excessive for my count. Sorry, not all of us can just pluck up every game they want at release. Fortunately sales and bundles leave me with plenty of games to play, and I get all games 'complete' with all DLC rather than piece-meal like people from the start. Not that bad a deal if you ask me.

* Not that anyone cares but... disliked Dungeon Siege III (while liking the first 2), rather meh about Fallout: New Vegas, South Park was fun for what it was and I really loved Alpha Protocol. I probably don't need to mentioned KOTOR2. NWN2 I have on Steam and GOG (heh) but still haven't played on either... I know; shame on me...

I know pretending like you don't understand my sentence is easier than admitting the truth - nobody cares to make spiritual successors for Obsidian cRPGs but only the games before they were Obsidian (IE games). The success of EE editions is another proof of this.

Eh... I've read more than a few posts over on r/fallout that hope the reason Fallout 4 isn't announced yet is because Bethesda is negotiating with Obsidian to make it.

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

:devil:  Personally I am convinced that the loss of the ten foot pole for disarming traps was the death of D&D games. The turning of Halflings into Kinder type really turns me off.  Plus now the dryads and oreads will have to wear clothes due to political correctness.  Fantasy is fighting the swarm of isms of the modern world.  That's what I think.  Step out of the box and you land in a pile of muck. 

• Like 3

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Eh... I've read more than a few posts over on r/fallout that hope the reason Fallout 4 isn't announced yet is because Bethesda is negotiating with Obsidian to make it.

Wait, what? I neeeeeeeeed this. Amaze.

Maybe I have ****ty taste but I absolutely loved Fallout 3. Actually this was my first Fallout; I then played Fallout 1 and 2 because of it. If there's gonna be a Fallout 4 AND it's made by Obsidian I'm just gonna have to quit my job and play non-stop for a year.

I know pretending like you don't understand my sentence is easier than admitting the truth - nobody cares to make spiritual successors for Obsidian cRPGs but only the games before they were Obsidian (IE games). The success of EE editions is another proof of this.

*cough* The Old Republic *cough*

Of course BioWare screwed it up bigtime, which is funny since they made KOTOR1.

But hey, continue on not having a point...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Wait, what? I neeeeeeeeed this. Amaze.

Maybe I have ****ty taste but I absolutely loved Fallout 3. Actually this was my first Fallout; I then played Fallout 1 and 2 because of it. If there's gonna be a Fallout 4 AND it's made by Obsidian I'm just gonna have to quit my job and play non-stop for a year.

Well it's pretty baseless speculation, but it's at least a reasonable reason why there's not been anyword about Fallout 4 yet. Just don't get your hopes up, Fallout 4 will most likely just be Skyrim with a green tint and robots. :facepalm:

-Josh Sawyer

Still pretending you don't understand or have you graduated to not understanding?

Bioware didn't do The Old Republic, though. Afaik, a completely different studio (was it Mythic?) relabeled with the Bioware logo after Bioware was acquired by EA developed most of The Old Republic.

I realize that there's nothing intentionally disingenuous about your point, but rather it's disingenuousness by proxy on EA:s part, and it doesn't matter overly much now that Bioware has been butchered and stitched together as yet another frankesteinian printing press of awful by EA, but let's just be clear on the point that the developers behind KotOR had next to nothing to do with the development of SW:ToR.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

FNV is epic and easily better than WL2 in my book. Now, I like WL2 but FNV is just better. I do admit that I mod it pretty heavily nowadays. FNV with Project Nevada, WMX and some other mods is great. I like using RACE to mod in a station using the "Rockin Bones" cd set (obscure Rockabilly, perfect for era/locale). Still, even without mods, the game is amazing. The price you can get the game at with all DLCs is an absolute steal. Every crpg gamer should try it. It may not be a tactical masterpiece but neither is WL2.

If PoE has the writing exhibited in FNV throughout the entire game, it will be GOTY for me.

Edited by Shevek

Still pretending you don't understand or have you graduated to not understanding?

Poor sod, still don't see what's going on here... there there, I wont make fun of your lack of making sense. Or understanding me apparently. Probably related.

Glad to hear that... even if those devs may still be responsable for Dragon Age 2. Also explains why TOR threats it's core material like crap. KOTOR is 10 years! Yeah, give us money, we don't care about it... psssh.

Most I hear from Fallout 4 is that it will be Bethesda again; so expect to downgrade your expectations...

^

Poor sod, still don't see what's going on here... there there, I wont make fun of your lack of making sense. Or understanding me apparently. Probably related.

Glad to hear that... even if those devs may still be responsable for Dragon Age 2. Also explains why TOR threats it's core material like crap. KOTOR is 10 years! Yeah, give us money, we don't care about it... psssh.

Most I hear from Fallout 4 is that it will be Bethesda again; so expect to downgrade your expectations...

And to have a lot of patches.  However there is hope once the User modders get a chance at the game.  Just don't expect much in the story line.

nakia_banner.jpg

ok I guess you are on a different planet because I don't have a clue how does this relate to OE games not being worth making spiritual successors.

I have a friend who is a hardcore fan of fallout 1 and 2.  When i had to choose between either Fallout 3 or Fallout NV (couldn't afford both) he said to buy Fallout NV because it was more in the spirit of the first two.  So who will Fallout 4 by Bethesda be a spiritual successor to Fallout 1 and 2 or a spiritual successor Fallout 3?

nakia_banner.jpg

There's room for both.  Bethesda can make gradually technical improvements to their creaky engine, and in the next game Obsidian can carry the story forward in an interesting way.  Honestly, the perpetual debate is probably good for the brand because it keeps it under discussion.

You know they built a new engine when they realize Skyrim right?  It really isn't all that "creaky" and the engine they used for fallout has long since been shelved.