I'm not certain this really merits a thread, but I can finally sleep at night, since I just read this on Josh's tumblr!

"since a lot of people wonder, there are Boots of Speed."

Hurray! ^_^ (And I apparently don't know how to attach a picture right).

post-59368-0-71849700-1420650012_thumb.jpeg

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 4

On one foot, Im excited to see them make it into the game. On the other, I wonder what the obligatory "opportunity cost" will be. Probably drains Health or something like that. laughing.gif

LOL

Or... the 'speed' property will be an activated 1/encounter ability and last about 6.2 seconds and then inflict 480s of fatigue after it expires.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 1

It's funny, because with the current Engagement system, it doesn't really matter how fast your are, you're going to be standing totally still in combat 90% of the time anyway. :p

In Baldur's Gate, Boots of Speed were never really about combat, they were more useful for scouting and kiting groups.

It's funny, because with the current Engagement system, it doesn't really matter how fast your are, you're going to be standing totally still in combat 90% of the time anyway. tongue.png

In Baldur's Gate, Boots of Speed were never really about combat, they were more useful for scouting and kiting groups.

Speak for yourself. Getting my casters in and out of combat or building a backstabber character says otherwise. Hell, even just being able to run up and smack the mage on the head before he can get a spell off was worth it.

t50aJUd.jpg

they helped me a lot in combat, especially against faster moving creatures like dragons or generally creatures with nasty ranged abilities. I also believe they improved the attack speed of your char. Would be interesting if the boots in PoE would increase your attack speed, then they would make actually more sense in PoE i think.