The Great Game Giveaway: Tuesday Edition

ShadySands

Oh hi. Sorry, I didn't see you there

Since you're here already I just so happen to have an extra copy of Civ VI that I'd be willing to give you. Not for free mind you but in exchange for something else. I hope I'm not asking for too much but maybe I am, I dunno.

Anyway, I'll give you this game if you agree to write up an in depth review of your first few days playing it. Just circle yes or no... or PM me

Civilization games drive me crazy for the amount of cool stuff they do...but also for how they frustratingly miss out on even bothering to try to simulate other strategy and historical elements that I've come to expect after playing other turn-based strategy games like Total War and Europa Universalis. :(

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Screw it, trying to write a decent in depth review is a small price to pay for a new Civ game. Sign me up if no one took it yet.

• Like 3
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Screw it, trying to write a decent in depth review is a small price to pay for a new Civ game. Sign me up if no one took it yet.

We want proper screenshots in the write up that illustrate the points made in the review or the sexist exploitation of women in the genre.

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Anyway, I'll give you this game if you agree to write up an in depth review of your first few days playing it. Just circle yes or no... or PM me

Writing reviews is the path to the dark side. 

• Like 2

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

We want proper screenshots in the write up that illustrate the points made in the review or the sexist exploitation of women in the genre.

Also need to point out the damaging influences of whiteness and patriarchy.

• Like 2

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, first impressions, disappointed in the lack of white male leaders. The Patriarchy is woefully underrepresented. I went with Frederick Barbarossa of the German Empire in order to maximize whiteness and Patriarchy. Loading screen and.... Sean effing Bean is the narrator?! As much as I liked Leonard Nimoy in Civ 4, this is even better.

Ok, first order of business. I go into Graphics settings to try to change it to windowed full screen and all my graphics options are locked. So I exit to main and fix that so I can write this as I play. Load times when starting a new game or loading are awful. But its been that way since CivIV so I can deal with it.

Start the game, freaking tundra, screw that heading north. Woah... I can't cross rivers, thats going to make things interesting... ok, now I can cross the river... I'm confused. So I found my capital of Aachen on some wheat after taking the roundabout way, my warriors are off exploring. One thing I miss about the square grid is using the number keys to move. I start building another warrior for defense and research animal husbandry to take advantage of the sheep and cows around my city. Looking at the map now, it appears that there are rocks in rivers indicating where you can cross. I actually like that.

Met my first other civ, the English. I got a boost to researching Writing by meeting them. Thats kind of interesting. The civics mechanic is kinda cool too. The idea that it is separate from research is interesting, now I've built my first builder and am grabbing up the surrounding resources. Interesting that the first time you develop a resource you get bonuses to research. Developing my rice gave me a bonus to researching irrigation, and my cows gave a bonus to riding. Hrmm, I don't know if I like this... so improving tiles is instantaneous, but workers can only improve 3 times then they are used up and you have to build another.

I am kinda terrible at this. Barbarian cavalry just looted one of my farms and I'm still stuck with warriors. Built the Hanging Gardens though. I like that it shows it being progressively constructed on the map. Its still early in the game and turns are taking forever. This was one of the problems I had with Civ 5 as well. It shouldn't take this long when each civ still only has one city.

Vikings declared war on me right after conquering the nearest city state, so I'm moving on that. The river crossing mechanic makes war quite different. I have a chariot moving almost all the way to London to cross the river so he can come up around the back of Jakarta (the city state), since only one unit can get through the mountain pass at a time.

Screenshots can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/oerwinde/screenshots/?appid=289070

So far overall I like it more than Civ 5, but I still like Civ 4 better.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 2

Devastatorsig.jpg

Son of a... damned treacherous English. We were friends, had open borders, she liked my devotion to tech and that I was on the same continent as her, then she flooded my lands with units and declared a surprise attack.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Son of a... damned treacherous English. We were friends, had open borders, she liked my devotion to tech and that I was on the same continent as her, then she flooded my lands with units and declared a surprise attack.

The Japanese just did that to me.  Thankfully I have a lot of city-state friends and they kept them busy while I mobilized an army.

On the really random chance anyone doesn't have a copy of Sid Meier's Pirates, I've got a spare key if someone wants it. 

Edit: Snagged

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's time

Steam

Corporate Lifestyle Simulator
FootLOL
Rock N Roll Defense
Chainsaw Warrior
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
Planet of the Eyes
Starward Rogue
Random Access Murder
Press X to Not Die
HunieCam Studio
Nova-111
The Magic Circle
Avalanche 2: Super Avalanche
Stikbold

Slime Rancher (Early Access)
Deponia Doomsday
Train Valley
Action Henk
THOTH 

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Star Wars Empire At War: Gold Pack
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II
Star Wars Battlefront II
Max Gentlemen Triple DLC Pack x2

Qvadriga 
Vertiginous Golf x2
Sportsfriends x2
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Block N Load — Platinum Pack DLC
Ace of Spades: Battle Builder
DiscStorm
The Weaponographist
Chaser
MirrorMoon EP 

The Banner Saga
Sheltered
Town of Salem

Contraption Maker
I am Bread
Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!
TransOcean: The Shipping Company
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Switchcars
Hatoful Boyfriend

Battlepaths X 2
Asphyxia
The Royal Trap
TyranoBuilder Visual Novel Studio
Roommates Deluxe Edition 
Penarium
Bejeweled 3 
Gone Home
STRIDER
Abyss Odyssey x 2
Citizens of Earth 
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION

Titan Souls
Massive Chalice
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH

The Masterplan

Broken Age
Mushroom 11
A Fistful of Gun
Yosumin
Asdivine Hearts
BADLAND: Game of the Year Humble Deluxe Edition
Desktop Dungeons
Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition
Knights of Pen & Paper 2
Please Don't Touch Anything
SPACECOM
Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon
Unmechanical
You Must Build A Boat
Cthulhu Realms - Full Version
TIS-100
Dungeon of the Endless - Crystal Pack
Steredenn
1993 Space Machine
Odallus: The Dark Call

Chroma Squad
Spaera (Early Access)
Westerado: Double Barreled
Assault Android Cactus
Galak-Z

Infinifactory

JumpJet Rex

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
GRAV (Early Access)
Knight Squad

Lumino City

Uplay

Might & Magic 1 to 6 collection
Tom Clancy's EndWar

GOG

Sword of the Samurai

As always please send a PM

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 5

Free games updated 3/4/21

It's free to play in browsers. On Steam it costs a little and comes with some of their in-game cash to make up for it.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

same with Westerado, I believe.

someone will get lucky tonight, really good games on that list! 

Most titles are unfamiliar to me, though, I'll spend the next hour googling them, and considering my luck, the ones i'll like will have been taken already when I finally get around to requesting them from Shady  :biggrin:

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Apparently I still have Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World to give away. There's just no interest here in cheesy no budget JRPGs. You guys need culture.

Also Cogs.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I can't play breath of death vii without playing through the first 6 games  :disguise:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

most of these are from "pay what you want" charity bundles. you get 6 to 10 games at the price of one. your post does have the word "charity" in it, so you're half correct ;)

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I get the monthly bundle but I rarely like the games in them but I rarely like most games these days. I'm getting old. I also get the other bundles if there is a game I like or a charity that I want to support

I'll also occasionally buy games that are ridiculously cheap to give as gifts and the left overs I post here

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21