[392] Another bug with Hiring Adventurers

Sensuki

Question

I discovered another case where hiring an adventurer causes a black screen, it is probably related to the last one I reported but it occurs with a different set of steps.

I have also only been able to reproduce it on this particular save game file, hasn't happened to me on any other character.

I made a solo cipher character, killed all of the BB characters and looted their gear, made a save game file near Medreth's group, exited the game and then later in the day came back and loaded the game and ran to the inn to hire a Monk adventurer to see if I could beat Medreth's group with just two characters.

However in hiring the Level 3 Adventurer Monk, upon exiting the Adventurer Creation screen, the screen goes black just like what happens when you try and hire an adventurer and kick out a BB party member.

edit: Bester helped me test the issue, he just hired any old level 1 NPC and it did the same thing so it doesn't matter what adventurer you hire.

My savegame files and the output_log.txt are included

It throws this NullReferenceException

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RecordKeeper+<StringOverFirstValue>c__AnonStorey70`1[EternityTimeInterval].<>m__D6 (.PartyMemberAI m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[PartyMemberAI].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[PartyMemberAI] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RecordKeeper.StringOverFirstValue[EternityTimeInterval] (System.Func`2 value, IEnumerable`1 from, System.Func`2 valueTostring, .EternityTimeInterval nullVal, Boolean allowTies) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RecordKeeper.GetStatValue (PartyStat stat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RecordAggregator.GetPartyStatValue (PartyStat stat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RecordAggregator.GetPartyStatLine (PartyStat stat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UICharacterSheetRecordsGenerator.Reload (Boolean personal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UICharacterSheetManager.LoadCharacter (.CharacterStats character) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UICharacterSheetManager.OnGlobalSelectionChanged (.CharacterStats character) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) SelectedCharacterChanged:invoke_void__this___CharacterStats (CharacterStats)
  at UIGlobalSelectAPartyMember.set_SelectedCharacter (.CharacterStats value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UIGlobalSelectAPartyMember.OnGameSelectionChanged (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.EventHandler:invoke_void__this___object_EventArgs (object,System.EventArgs)
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.EventHandler:invoke_void__this___object_EventArgs (object,System.EventArgs)
  at PartyMemberAI.OnSubSelectionChanged (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartyMemberAI.set_Selected (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartyMemberAI.AddToActiveParty (UnityEngine.GameObject newPartyMember, Boolean fromRestored) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UICharacterCreationManager.CloseCharacterCreation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FadeManager+<SignalOnFadeEndAfterFrameDelay>c__Iterator36.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Pillars of Eternity.zip

output_log1.zip

Edited by Sensuki

1 answer to this question