[392] Bugs with Deflection Suppression, stacking and order of application of buffs

Sensuki

Question

In this video I have a Level 5 Fighter with
  • 18 Intellect
  • A Fine Large Shield
  • Sword and Shield Style Talent
  • Wary Defender Talent

I have the shield equipped and I should have 35 (Class) + 25 (Shield) + 12 (Level) + 16 (Intellect) + 10 (Sword and Shield Style) = 98 Deflection with Defender mode off. This is true.

I have Boots of Evasion, which give +2 Deflection, when I equip those it changes to 100.

When I activate Defender Mode with the Boots of Evasion equipped, the Deflection bonus from Defender does not work, and it says the 0.8x Action Speed and 2 Engaged Enemies are suppressed (not sure why).

The problem appears to be the order of application of buffs. If I unequip the Boots of Evasion and turn on Defender Mode, I get the +15 Deflection from Defender+Wary Defender and it changes my Deflection to 113, and then when I equip the Boots of Evasion after turning Defender Mode on, it changes my Deflection to 115.

Expected Result:

It should not matter what order you equip items, select talents or activate modal abilities, the bonuses should always work.

5 answers to this question

This is also possibly related to the bugs with Accuracy bonus suppression, where because I activated Reckless Assault after already having the Weapon Focus Talent (or having a Fine Weapon equipped) it doesn't apply the bonuses for Reckless Assault, or having a Fine Weapon.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/69887-392-at-least-one-bug-with-suppression-of-accuracy-bonuses/

Also in order to get the Defender deflection bonus to work after equipping Boots of Evasion, you have to activate and deactivate the modal twice in a row, because it won't detect it on the first re-activate after you've unequipped the boots.

Hello Sensuki,

Thank you for your post. This is also the same issue where Modals were breaking on Save/Load. It shouldn't be related to the items that you are equipping. Instead it's caused by Save/Load with a Modal being toggled "on" and fixed by activating and deactivating the Modal multiple times in the action bar after loading a game. Though, depending on the broken state of the modal and which modal it is, all of it's effects may be suppressed completely. This can usually be worked around by saving and loading the game with the Modal turned off. Thankfully this issue is fixed in our current builds and shouldn't be occurring in the future.

Thank you for your continued support!  :thumbsup: