Dragon Age: Inquisition

Blarghagh

Its odd that everyone said the game sucks until you leave the Hinterlands. Its one of the better areas.

Skyhold is pretty magnificent, but makes no sense having a castle at the top of a mountain with no road to it.

I assumed - perhaps wrongly - that nature had reclaimed the roads.

That might make sense, but with nothing but ice for as far as the eye can see I would think Skyhold would have been in worse shape than it was. From what I saw it looks like the front gate opens up onto a cliff, so maybe an avalanche.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Is there a preferred party composition for each area? I tend to bring Blackwall for any warden related stuff, but thats all

My "default" party composition was Blackwall/Cassandra, Solas and Varric (and myself, also a [Dalish] mage). Don't think there's many other characters that have much useful (from a lore perspective) to say anyway (Solas for the elf stuff, Blackwall about Wardens, Cassandra for the Chantry/mage/templar arguments and Varric because red lyrium/Hawke). Possibly interesting to bring Dorian where Tevinter is concerned and Cole where the Fade is concerned.

The rest is pretty much a waste of space (Leliana gives more exposition about Orlais than Vivienne/Sera ever do and the Qunari are only relevant in Inquisition because of Iron Bull's presence in the first place. On top of that pretty much all the stuff about the Qunari/Qun you can learn from him without bringing him anywhere). I'd also be receptive to the argument that Blackwall also adds little for anyone who has played DA:O.

If I had to pick a best bang for the buck party for DA:I it would be PC (female Dalish), Cassandra, Solas (romance) and Varric.

Note that the above only concerns itself with the lore the main story revolves around and ignores whether the characters are interesting/well written on their own (de gustibus et coloribus etc.).

I don't think i have ever had a game take so long to load. Switching between maps takes up to 2 minutes or so, hell, it takes a good 45 seconds to a minute to exit to the main menu.

Have you played this game called, um, Pillars of Eternity, I think? It has pretty long load times.

I don't think i have ever had a game take so long to load. Switching between maps takes up to 2 minutes or so, hell, it takes a good 45 seconds to a minute to exit to the main menu.

Have you played this game called, um, Pillars of Eternity, I think? It has pretty long load times.

My load times for PoE were about half of DAIs. Though after installing Windows 10 the load times have actually improved somewhat. Still long, but not unbearable. Apparently its common to games that use the engine.

Devastatorsig.jpg

New DLC coming out on August 11th.  Venturing into the Deep Roads ... again.  Not really sure I want to play this, unless it has something to do with

the Wardens disappearing at the end of DA:I

.  It likely won't though, seeing as how the DLC is accessible anytime after you reach Skyhold.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

New DLC coming out on August 11th.  Venturing into the Deep Roads ... again.  Not really sure I want to play this, unless it has something to do with

the Wardens disappearing at the end of DA:I

.  It likely won't though, seeing as how the DLC is accessible anytime after you reach Skyhold.

If it deals with dwarven cities or ruins, I'm game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Just got this banter in my game.

(If the Inquisitor used to be in a relationship with Iron Bull but now in a relationship with Sera)

• Iron Bull: So, you and the Boss huh?
  • Sera: Oh that's right. You and she had.. Sorry. right?
  • Iron Bull: (Chuckles) Hey, no hard feelings. Glad I loosened the lid for you.
  • Sera: Pfft! (laughs)
  • Inquisitor: That's enough both of you!
  • Iron Bull: Fine fine. Touchy.
  • Inquisitor: If you are going to gossip. Don't do it when I'm here.
  • Sera: Oh loosen up you! See what I did? I did it too! (laughs)
  • Sera: I think she's turning purple.
  • Iron Bull: Not the first time.
  • Like 1

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

There's a trailer, looks pretty good to me. Just have to wait for the PS4 port.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

There's a trailer, looks pretty good to me. Just have to wait for the PS4 port.

PS4 port?  As far as I've seen, it's released on all three systems (XBox One, PS4, PC) at the same time.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

PS4 port?  As far as I've seen, it's released on all three systems (XBox One, PS4, PC) at the same time.

Yea, I just caught that myself on the website. It's easy to forget that the new consoles are basically Athon + Radeon PCs that I don't suppose take as long to port as did the previous generation of RISC based consoles.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Yea, I just caught that myself on the website. It's easy to forget that the new consoles are basically Athon + Radeon PCs that I don't suppose take as long to port as did the previous generation of RISC based consoles.

The Dragon Age franchise has been moving to more of a console priority anyway. DA:O was ported to consoles, DA2 was developed concurrently, DAI was ported to PCs.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm in a total commitment relationship with Sera now. Have to say she's pretty damn selfish. I'm playing a Dalish Elf and from my take, she expects you to give up your heritage, your people for her, all because she doesn't like elves that are too "elfy". She needs to look in a mirror and stop being confused at who she is. 

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

I'm in a total commitment relationship with Sera now. Have to say she's pretty damn selfish. I'm playing a Dalish Elf and from my take, she expects you to give up your heritage, your people for her, all because she doesn't like elves that are too "elfy". She needs to look in a mirror and stop being confused at who she is. 

What did you expect from someone who has the maturity of a 10 year old spoiled brat?

She is indeed the picture of the Entitlement Generation. When I play female, I think I will stick with Bull or Cullen from now on. I still have to try Solas.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

The funny part is Sera could have been an interesting character, if they'd made her more mature.  She could still be bitter and distrustful due to her past, but in a more serious way.  Instead, Bio wrote her like a petulant child.

I've noticed that about a lot of BioWare's "moody" characters.  Instead of coming across as brooding or serious, they come across as petulant.

• Like 2

The funny part is Sera could have been an interesting character, if they'd made her more mature.  She could still be bitter and distrustful due to her past, but in a more serious way.  Instead, Bio wrote her like a petulant child.

I've noticed that about a lot of BioWare's "moody" characters.  Instead of coming across as brooding or serious, they come across as petulant.

I agree with you completely. I choose Sera as my "mate" too, just to find out she is one of the worst written characters in the game. The "wild card" haha, yeah sure. They did a better job in the past, but now...a lot of characters feel very generic in this game to me. The best written character maybe Blackwall written by Sheryl Chee.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."