Dragon Age: Inquisition

Blarghagh

Like the game itself, it breaks Val Royale into the small area you see and a series of mini places that you might see fir specific story points.

But most if the game isn't about Val Royale politics

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Finally got the game. When does the rest of Val Royeaux unlock? I assume thats the major urban center of the game. Was kinda disappointed I could only check out that one courtyard while I was there first.

Poor guy.  You're going to be waiting for a long time.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

With how big they were saying the game was, I was figuring it would be about the size of Kirkwall, not Lothering.

It's even smaller than Lothering, when you factor in the stuff that you can do there (ie. quests associated with it).  Kirkwall puts it to absolute shame, which is funny considering how much hate DA2 got.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

With how big they were saying the game was, I was figuring it would be about the size of Kirkwall, not Lothering.

It's even smaller than Lothering, when you factor in the stuff that you can do there (ie. quests associated with it).  Kirkwall puts it to absolute shame, which is funny considering how much hate DA2 got.

Unlike Val Royeaux or Denerim, Kirkwall was the centerpiece of Dragon Age 2. It's only logical to make the explorable portion relatively large. Skyhold would be a much better comparison, function wise (much like the Normandy in any Mass Effect for that matter) and Skyhold's explorable area is way above and beyond Val Royeaux's.

Speaking of urban centers, Kirkwall is about as large as I like them to be. Anything bigger and you'll usually end up with Baldur's Gate, really large but devoid of any real substance. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Though to be fair before the game was released the devs mentioned several times that there wouldn't be any large city maps, instead they were talking about how awesome the wilderness levels would be. And there is nothing wrong with exploring vast beautifully crafted wilderness areas, well, unless they're completely freaking empty besides some crafting materials and the occasional cave with boring loot and/or fetch quest.  

Its saddens me greatly that those truly beautiful maps were completely freaking wasted. 

• Like 4

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Its odd that everyone said the game sucks until you leave the Hinterlands. Its one of the better areas.

Skyhold is pretty magnificent, but makes no sense having a castle at the top of a mountain with no road to it.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Its odd that everyone said the game sucks until you leave the Hinterlands. Its one of the better areas.

Skyhold is pretty magnificent, but makes no sense having a castle at the top of a mountain with no road to it.

I'm looking forward to your overall objective feedback. There has  been some good feedback on these forums but I come to expect generally negative views from most people towards Bioware games 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's handwaved at some point by Solas. Generally... because magic. :)

I'm looking forward to your overall objective feedback. There has  been some good feedback on these forums but I come to expect generally negative views from most people towards Bioware games 

I haven't played a Bioware game I didn't like. After all the negatives I was really worried about Inquisition. The combat is kinda not good, but I like the mix of cinematic and open world.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's handwaved at some point by Solas. Generally... because magic. :)

Bit of a shame one does not learn more of Skyhold's history, given what Morrigan mentions about the location. Then again, many of the areas are left seriously under-explored, which is a real shame. I know that for some locations it'd have been somewhat unfair given that what you learn would have been highly dependant on who you bring along, but I'd rather have had them use a more fixed party composition than settle for just not letting your learn anything interesting...

Is there a preferred party composition for each area? I tend to bring Blackwall for any warden related stuff, but thats all

Devastatorsig.jpg

Is there a preferred party composition for each area? I tend to bring Blackwall for any warden related stuff, but thats all

LOL

You'll see why I chuckled when you finish the game.

• Like 2

Sera is a hard one to romance. First time I tried her. I find her accent and the way she speaks annoying which is why I haven't tried it before. Probably didn't help matters that my character is an elfy. Finally got enough rep with her and the romance has kicked off.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Sera is a hard one to romance. First time I tried her. I find her accent and the way she speaks annoying which is why I haven't tried it before. Probably didn't help matters that my character is an elfy. Finally got enough rep with her and the romance has kicked off.

Sera was a bad character, period, I thought.  I don't know if BioWare was trying for some kind of caricature or what, but it was like the character was written by a ten year old, and each dialogue was spoken how that 10 year old would speak in those situations.

• Like 1

Annoying like a whiny entitled teeny bopper. In my past games I had her sit at Skyhold while I took others out. One time I got fed up with her and kicked her out of the party.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Ironically enough, the only thing I did like about her was her accent.  Mainly because I get a kick out of that accent in general.  And from a gameplay perspective, I brought her along because she's good with a bow and she's a rogue (so I could always pick locks with her in the party).  But the actual character personality, I didn't like at all.

I found that quite a few of the party members were a bit of a waste this time around.  I didn't care for Vivienne, either.  And I found Cole way too cryptic in the way he spoke.  I also didn't like Iron Bull.  I think of the three Dragon Age games, this one had the most amount of party members I didn't like.

So far in my games I've played as a rogue. I don't like the warrior class because I'm not one with two handed weapons or a sword and shield. I prefer to have two swords, or in DA's case two daggers. Most of the time my party consist of three melee and one ranged, the one ranged was a mage, either Solas or Dorian. Can't stand that uppity Vivienne. So that rules out Sera and Varric, they're both thieves that use ranged weapons.

So for me this particular play through is very different than my others. Using two melee and two ranged (mage and Sera's bow). And she is good with a bow. She survived little damage in my first dragon encounter in this play through and she dished out good damage.

Never used Cole in any of my games. He's just weird and he's a thief with daggers which is what my characters have been. I like Bull, he good but I wish they made him more like Sten. Sten was awesome. When I think of Qunari I think of Sten.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

My party tends to have Dorian, Varric, and either Blackwall or Iron bull. One of each class, and I'm a sword and shield fighter so I tend to bring Iron Bull, but have been doing the warden storyline so I've been using Blackwall a lot.

I wish I could romance Sera, she's funny and the accent is hot. Trying to decide between Casandra and Josephine, its tough. I like Cassandra but she's ugly when she's angry and shes angry a whole lot.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't think i have ever had a game take so long to load. Switching between maps takes up to 2 minutes or so, hell, it takes a good 45 seconds to a minute to exit to the main menu.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't think i have ever had a game take so long to load. Switching between maps takes up to 2 minutes or so, hell, it takes a good 45 seconds to a minute to exit to the main menu.

I use an SSD and the levels load so fast I have no idea what the loading screen texts are about, I can't even read the first sentence. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I think its about time for me to save up for a new cpu. Mine is like 6 years old or so. I have lots of RAM, a decent video card, HD is only 2 years old, but everything runs pretty slow.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

I enjoyed Cole quite a lot, it's too bad that he's an assassin. He has some pretty awesome interactions especially with Solas.

He also is a walking spoiler, mostly in hindsight. Like his remark about Blackwall which pretty much reveals everything... and nothing if you don't know what he's talking about:

"A black wall to shield the self when the sky is rainier."

:)

I assumed - perhaps wrongly - that nature had reclaimed the roads.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man