Dragon Age: Inquisition

Blarghagh

i. God create everything is faith, not scientific fact. To argue either God create everything or not scientifically for me is stupid, because we cannot argue what being believed as faith using empirical method. But what you see today in religion/creationist vs science/atheism debates are just competition between the two faction, i don't bother want to involved in it, because it just plain stupid for me. God is neither proven or disproven via science, because you just need to believe God existed, that is why it is called faith. If you need evidence that God exist then you are not faithful, you need a ground to make you believe, you have doubt until it is proven. If you want to discredit God existence using science then you are using wrong method to disproven God existence, how come you want to against something based on faith, on what people believe, by using facts? If people believe there is a flyring spaghetti, it doesn't matter it is true or not scientifically, because people believe that no matter what.

Okay so you die and go into the afterlife and God's there. Its no longer faith, its fact. The fact that God could be fact doesn't negate faith.

ii. Midichlorian justify the existence of the Force claimed by Jedi because midichlorian is the thing that allow Jedis to use the Force, automatically "the Force does exist as they claim", and it is not something to argue about it's existence. Without midichlorian we can argue that their powers maybe something else and not "the Force" as they claim , it maybe magic, it maybe psychokinetic whatever things we can come out. Meaning what they claim as "the Force" could be not "the Force" without midichlorian, it just something mysterious...maybe God, maybe spirits, maybe Satan...who know?

But you still don't know why midichlorians do anything - it is still just something mysterious...maybe God, maybe spirits, maybe Satan, maybe magic, maybe Qi...who knows?

iii. if science prove the existence of God, then it is no longer a matter of faith, it become factual

And...does that change God in anyway? Does it change the nature of the universe? Would it be...bad?

It's too bad the Natural Law Party didn't win it in '93. We could have had the GST disappear just like this elephant. Instead we got Chretien.

That would have been better if I could find the actual ad Henning used during that election. That had to have been the most famous tv ad during that election. This is as close as it's gonna get:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Digital+Archives/Politics/Elections/Small+Parties+in+Federal+Politics/ID/1864772481/

I'd heard about his election run but seen nothing from that time! Thanks!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Cole is a rogue with two daggers, and is quite effective.

In theory yes, but the AI is pretty bad at handling dagger rogues. If you babysit him he is pretty good.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

So, Black Emporium is out and nobody told me?

Dude, like, Bioware released the Black Emporium 20 days ago. :biggrin:

Oh and they also fixed the Flask of Fire / Focus bug which means my Tempest rogue playthrough just went out of the window. Yeah, I'm cheap like that. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Lol, I assumed Black Emporium had been out for ages ;)

Not sure if the stock refreshes at some point, I probably should visit again now that I've acquired Skyhold (but those loading times...I mean, is it my PC or are they really long for everyone?)

For me loading times are annoying the first time around, i.e. when I load up a savegame after not having played for a while. I guess that would depend on the amount of RAM you have, the game seems to cache a lot to buffer the loading times once you've been to Skyhold and then my loading times drop off to almost not noticeable. Still, going to Skyhold and then to the war table will always be annoying, why doesn't going to Skyhold via the world map simply drop you off in front of the door to Josephine? :facepalm:

I for one had hoped that the Black Emporium would actually stock fade touched crafting materials, at least some of them. The weapons and accessories are a bit weird. Not sure why I would want to wear a +5 DEX / +5 CUN ring when there are straight +5% crit rings around. The legendary schematics are pretty neat though. I was getting tired of not having purely offensive weapons or heavy armor with silly things like cloth utility slots.

Edited by majestic

The Black Emporium does stock fade-touched etc materials. It's dependent on your level. IIRC, at level 18 there were fade-touched stuff.

Not sure if it restocks, but most crafting materials turn into unlimited supply at high levels.

i. God create everything is faith, not scientific fact. To argue either God create everything or not scientifically for me is stupid, because we cannot argue what being believed as faith using empirical method. But what you see today in religion/creationist vs science/atheism debates are just competition between the two faction, i don't bother want to involved in it, because it just plain stupid for me. God is neither proven or disproven via science, because you just need to believe God existed, that is why it is called faith. If you need evidence that God exist then you are not faithful, you need a ground to make you believe, you have doubt until it is proven. If you want to discredit God existence using science then you are using wrong method to disproven God existence, how come you want to against something based on faith, on what people believe, by using facts? If people believe there is a flyring spaghetti, it doesn't matter it is true or not scientifically, because people believe that no matter what.

Okay so you die and go into the afterlife and God's there. Its no longer faith, its fact. The fact that God could be fact doesn't negate faith.

ii. Midichlorian justify the existence of the Force claimed by Jedi because midichlorian is the thing that allow Jedis to use the Force, automatically "the Force does exist as they claim", and it is not something to argue about it's existence. Without midichlorian we can argue that their powers maybe something else and not "the Force" as they claim , it maybe magic, it maybe psychokinetic whatever things we can come out. Meaning what they claim as "the Force" could be not "the Force" without midichlorian, it just something mysterious...maybe God, maybe spirits, maybe Satan...who know?

But you still don't know why midichlorians do anything - it is still just something mysterious...maybe God, maybe spirits, maybe Satan, maybe magic, maybe Qi...who knows?

iii. if science prove the existence of God, then it is no longer a matter of faith, it become factual

And...does that change God in anyway? Does it change the nature of the universe? Would it be...bad?

i. When in afterlife, it doesn't matter anymore, either you go to heaven and meet God, or you going to hell because not believe while you live. Faith is only an issue while you live, not after death, at least this is true for Abrahamic religion. There are religion that you may live again, reincarnate, but this also only an issue while you live, no one can really tell they live again as other person or beings, all we got about reincarnation are just claims, can never be proven scientifically. So in anyway, faith is an issue while you live, not after death.

ii. It have been established that Jedis have a lot of midichlorians than any normal beings in Star Wars universe, and because of this they are able to use their power they claim as the Force, that is energy surround everything. In other word, you have a lot of midichlorian, you can use this power, if you don't have enough midichlorian, you can't use this power, you can only dream on it. It's science, not mystic anymore.

iii. Faith is a matter of belief, what you believe in, if it is proven scientifically God existed, you don't need to believe, you just have to accept it, it is not bad for me, maybe bad for atheists...but there will be no fun anymore...the world will be dull...there will be no terrorist attacks, no War on Terror, no ISIS, no Klu Klux Klan, no Crusades, no witch burning, no many things...what is there left in the world to make news?

Edited by Qistina

^Even if you have a midichlorian you still can't explain how it works, why it binds all living things, etc.  Its still mysticism (for all we know, high midichlorian count is an unsupported correlation that actually says nothing about Jedi powers).

And frankly I think the world would be better off without terrorist attacks, crusades, witch burnings and such.  Won't happen, but it'd be better off, IMO.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It doesn't take faith/theology for people to disagree on things.

Bohr/Einstein debates

Some of the greatest scientific minds of the previous century disagreed on a lot of things. Facts may be facts, but how you interpret fact can still differ a lot between individuals.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The Black Emporium does stock fade-touched etc materials. It's dependent on your level. IIRC, at level 18 there were fade-touched stuff.

Not sure if it restocks, but most crafting materials turn into unlimited supply at high levels.

Odd, for me there were no fade-touched materials available, and I was level 25 when I first went to the Emporium. I'll double-check that when I get the chance. Also, only tier 2 materials were unlimited. Maybe there is some sort of restocking that triggers upon returning or going back there after the first visit. Hrm.

^Even if you have a midichlorian you still can't explain how it works, why it binds all living things, etc.  Its still mysticism (for all we know, high midichlorian count is an unsupported correlation that actually says nothing about Jedi powers).

And frankly I think the world would be better off without terrorist attacks, crusades, witch burnings and such.  Won't happen, but it'd be better off, IMO.

It is because George Lucas simply toss it away after fans rage. How midichlorian work is not included in the two episodes after it being introduced in episode 1. You only get reference about it in episode 3 and that's it, "manipulating midichlorian to create life" Palpatine say, that doesn't sound mystic for me. Since Lucas himself make this thing based on mitocondria, the thing in your cell that generate energy, there you got it, it's science

I just being sarcastic, what i mean is, if God appear to us all now, then everyone have no issue anymore. There will be no "miracles", Muslims, Jews and Christians believe in miracles, it is something we will say to you "it's miracle from God" and try to convince you, if God just appear and say "yes I did it!", then we religious people have lost all the fun to convince you about it isn't it?

So the same in games, when you remove the mystical part in what suposed to be mystic, it is not fun anymore

But midichlorians still don't explain how the force works.  "I wave my hand and the force clouds weak minds" is just as non-scientific as "Midichlorians somehow allow me to manipulate the force so that when I wave my hand the force clouds weak minds".  You still don't know what the force is, you don't know why it works, you don't know what midichlorian involvment in it working is.

But midichlorians still don't explain how the force works.  "I wave my hand and the force clouds weak minds" is just as non-scientific as "Midichlorians somehow allow me to manipulate the force so that when I wave my hand the force clouds weak minds".  You still don't know what the force is, you don't know why it works, you don't know what midichlorian involvment in it working is.

Midichlorians are just an uninspired version of Mitochondria.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Can anyone direct me to the Dragon Age Inquisition thread?  This forum seems to be glitched.  Every time I click on the DA:I thread, it re-directs me to a discussion on religion.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Midichlorians are just an uninspired version of Mitochondria.

Still doesn't mean they explain why the force works, what the force comes from, how they interact with the force, why the force has a light and dark side, how the force can manipulate non living entities, etc., etc.

Can anyone direct me to the Dragon Age Inquisition thread?  This forum seems to be glitched.  Every time I click on the DA:I thread, it re-directs me to a discussion on religion.

Really, religion? I thought it was the Star Wars discussion thread... :p

Edited by Amentep

Odd, for me there were no fade-touched materials available, and I was level 25 when I first went to the Emporium. I'll double-check that when I get the chance. Also, only tier 2 materials were unlimited. Maybe there is some sort of restocking that triggers upon returning or going back there after the first visit. Hrm.

So, uhm, to quote myself: Nope, I can't get any fade-touched materials from the Black Emporium. I've seen lists where it also should have materials for runecrafting, which it doesn't have in store for me either. Just tier one to four leather, metal and cloth stuff. The DA wiki also only lists the normal materials. Other people say it stocks everything that isn't limited to the Jaws of Hakkon DLC.

So dunno, it's either working as intended and people are imagining it selling fade-touched stuff, bugged as hell or limited to an inquisition perk I don't have (I do have the Short List, so it's not that).

It is scientific in Star Wars universe after it being introduced, meaning in that world it is science now.

Ok, i give you comparison, what if the Bible say Jesus can cure the lepers because he have midichlowhatever in his body that somehow enable him to channel God's power surround him to heal?

It is not miracle anymore

It is scientific in Star Wars universe after it being introduced, meaning in that world it is science now.

Ok, i give you comparison, what if the Bible say Jesus can cure the lepers because he have midichlowhatever in his body that somehow enable him to channel God's power surround him to heal?

Um.... yes it is.

Because it would still be a supernatural event.

Um.... yes it is.

No it is not...because it will not be a suprise Jesus can do that, because he have midichlowhatever, no one else have. Christians believe in Jesus because he done miracles, something unexplained, something mystery. Muslim also believe except the Son of God part. If the scripture telling he can do such thing because he have this thing in his body, then it is a no suprise. Anyone could clone Jesus and making another Jesus or whatever

That's another thing, why would Sifodiyas didn't order clones with midichlorian but using a bounty hunter gene instead? He could create an army of Jedis and Anakin the leader of the clones because he himself is suppoed to be created because of that, to become the leader of Sidious army. Clones can be programmed and so there will be no issue

Anakin could be mysterious as Jesus with his miraculous birth, but then because of midichlorian he is no longer miraculous because he is a clone made by Palpatine

That is why in magical universe, do not put in scepticism, it will destroy the fun.

Edited by Qistina

Um.... yes it is.

No it is not...because it will not be a suprise Jesus can do that, because he have midichlowhatever, no one else have. Christians believe in Jesus because he done miracles, something unexplained, something mystery. Muslim also believe except the Son of God part. If the scripture telling he can do such thing because he have this thing in his body, then it is a no suprise. Anyone could clone Jesus and making another Jesus or whatever

That's another thing, why would Sifodiyas didn't order clones with midichlorian but using a bounty hunter gene instead? He could create an army of Jedis and Anakin the leader of the clones because he himself is suppoed to be created because of that, to become the leader of Sidious army. Clones can be programmed and so there will be no issue

Anakin could be mysterious as Jesus with his miraculous birth, but then because of midichlorian he is no longer miraculous because he is a clone made by Palpatine

That is why in magical universe, do not put in scepticism, it will destroy the fun.

So.... you don't consider "he's channeling God's holy power" to fall under the category of mystery?

What?

Seriously people, you're trying to have a rational discussion about religious belief?  Haven't the shifting goalposts clued you in to the futility of that?  Her argument that BW are atheistic satan worshipers has changed into an argument that skepticism ruins the fun.  You are wasting your time.

Edited by mute688
  • Like 2

So.... you don't consider "he's channeling God's holy power" to fall under the category of mystery?

What?

God work in mysterious way...let keep it to that

Seriously people, you're trying to have a rational discussion about religious belief?  Haven't the shifting goalposts clued you in to the futility of that?  Her argument that BW are atheistic satan worshipers has changed into an argument that skepticism ruins the fun.  You are wasting your time.

Bioware in every turn want to deny the mysterious power of God, but they show you visibly the power of demons and magic. You can't deny that in the game they never explain where magic come from, but they always try to deny miracles. When magic, it's simply magic, but when it comes to God, they always pulling into "it is not God"

What conclusion i can make?