Dragon Age: Inquisition

Blarghagh

And hey, it works for them. Bacon is great.

Indeed. pigs are happier than people.

People don't make really good bacon like pigs.

...or so I hear... :shifty:

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Cops are pretty happy I hear.

Anyway, some people are pleased easier than others in all dimensions, is the way of the world, so no biggie. And I suppose not being bothered by low quality in some aspects is not reprehensible as actually preferring low quality in those aspects.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't hold my entertainment sacred at all. That's why its my entertainment and not my religion. <ba-dum-dum>

Seriously, as I've gotten older I too have a lot of time crunches; but like Hurl, I tend to like more stuff than dislike. But I also tend to approach my entertainment hoping to like it rather than expecting to hate it, so maybe that's different?

I don't expect to hate stuff. Which is why when I do I get sad :(

Wasn't really directed at you, more directed at a general perception I get everytime news about some new entertainment (movie, tv show, book, whatever) and there's a rush to declare it sucks...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Not according to all the health statistics.

Not sure if it's a problem up here as much as in the US. Did get a laugh of a group calling for more sympathy for them.

Wasn't really directed at you, more directed at a general perception I get everytime news about some new entertainment (movie, tv show, book, whatever) and there's a rush to declare it sucks...

Usually it does at least for the games I cast my eye on, suppose it is just a mix of people being jaded over hype and the industry and people trying to be "edgy" and contrarian (not a bad thing in a way, sometimes it provokes a good argument to pass the time).

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 3 weeks later...

I think DA:I will be the last of the series, i doubt that Bioware will continue, this game is so problematic and they can't solve it even after so many patches, and no one ever care much about this game now. Dragon Age have lost much of it's original fans who pissed off with DA2, and the ones who love DA2 now pissed off with DA:I. Will Bioware risk making DA4? I doubt it.

The whole premise of DA is lost anyway and doesn't make any sense anymore. It have been utterly destroyed. Maybe some will still enjoy DA lore and the game, but the francise is not strong enough to continue it's legacy. The whole thing is no longer "Dragon Age" anymore.

I think DA:I will be the last of the series, i doubt that Bioware will continue, this game is so problematic and they can't solve it even after so many patches, and no one ever care much about this game now. Dragon Age have lost much of it's original fans who pissed off with DA2, and the ones who love DA2 now pissed off with DA:I. Will Bioware risk making DA4? I doubt it.

The whole premise of DA is lost anyway and doesn't make any sense anymore. It have been utterly destroyed. Maybe some will still enjoy DA lore and the game, but the francise is not strong enough to continue it's legacy. The whole thing is no longer "Dragon Age" anymore.

I am going to guess, and its probably wrong, and say you don't like the Dragon Age series?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

DA:I was the most successful launch in Bioware history.  You are kind of just making stuff up.   :blink:

DA:I was the most successful launch in Bioware history.  You are kind of just making stuff up.   :blink:

Thier own forum didn't lie, they don't even interact with the forumers anymore....

The game sold millions.  A forum represents a very small percentage of the customer base.

• Like 1

DA:I was the most successful launch in Bioware history.  You are kind of just making stuff up.   blink.png

Thier own forum didn't lie, they don't even interact with the forumers anymore....

I don't blame them. Those forums were horrible back in 2010. I wouldn't be caught dead in that toxic environment.

I don't blame them. Those forums were horrible back in 2010. I wouldn't be caught dead in that toxic environment.

I take it as a bad sign, when they go silence it means they have problems, they don't have time to entertain the forumers. They simply can't handle it anymore. And look at views, most posts have hundreds views, not thousands, some have 0 views after weeks. No one care about this game other than remaining loyal fans

The sales doen't matter, what matter is what happen after the sales...

It is a good strategy here to make claims that cannot possibly be refuted since they are vague and meaningless. I respect that.

• Like 1

I take it as a bad sign, when they go silence it means they have problems, they don't have time to entertain the forumers.

Is that what sparked this? It was pretty random for you just to dart in here with this randomly.

It might be I don't know. It seems weird they just appointed a new head writer and are going to shut it all down after a successful title just because their forums are sucking it up.

And look at views, most posts have hundreds views, not thousands, some have 0 views after weeks. No one care about this game other than remaining loyal fans

That would require me to actually go to BSN and I don't do that anymore. That is surprising if true. Maybe you are on to something.

We shall see. But if you are correct, it is down to some unknown amount of loyal fans, then surely they would still be getting lots of views. Maybe there is another forum the DA fans hang out on now.

Edited by Valmy

It is a good strategy here to make claims that cannot possibly be refuted since they are vague and meaningless. I respect that.

Let say there's ice cream company making new ice cream that hyped up, many people buy it, it's sold out....but the buyers find that the taste suck. There is a question either they will manage to buy customers after their failure or not? Of course they sold out the first time, but will they get the same trust? That is why sales doesn't matter.

Edited by Qistina

Let say there's ice cream company making new ice cream that hyped up, many people buy it, it's sold out....but the buyers find that the taste suck. There is a question either they will manage to buy customers after their failure or not? Of course they sold out the first time, but will they get the same trust? That is why sales doesn't matter.

They kind of matter if it is the third Ice Cream in the Ice Cream series. It is not like people didn't know what sort of Ice Cream they were getting.

Unless there is something radically different about DA:I but that is not the sense I am getting.

The game sold millions. A forum represents a very small percentage of the customer base.

You could tell the same.after DA2... they will be making more games in DA universe and they will sell good... look at battlefield series. The problem is that they will sell even if garbage, because a) hype build up b) not many choices for new games of this type on consoles. (Rpg even if very lite)

They will only ditch the franchise if the initial sales will be ****. Like in the case of Syndicate or C&C where they simply butchered the franchise

Edited by Darkpriest