[392 OSX] Druid shapeshift

gnoemli

Question

Shapeshifting form of the Druid seems to hang/malfunction often

1. Create Druid (Orlean/Elf)

2. do something and save game

3. shapeshift in fight (often the shape shift button/icon is there twice)

4. character doesn't shapeshift

13 answers to this question

It's not just a OSX problem, I had on Windows too. The shapeshift button was highlighted but my character never shapeshifted. Didn't even do a load/save. just plain create new character, level up to 5 and face off against Medreth and his goons.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Okay, the bug is because you clicked the Spiritshift button outside of combat, but it's marked Combat only and isn't greyed out (which is a bug). What happens then is that if you click it before combat and then enter combat, the ability expends until the end of the encounter.

If you actually initiate combat with another character, THEN click Spiritshift, it will work.

Edited by Sensuki

The reason for how it currently plays is that you get a set amount of times you can spiritshift during a day (it's a per-day ability not a per-encounter). Similarly, you will only be spiritshifted during combat (which is very gimmicky, IMO).

If you click the spirit-shift only when you're in battle, and unclick when you're out of battle, you're limiting the number of times you can be spirit-shifted per day because each combat will reduce your number of times by one.

However, if you spiritshift during one combat and just leave it, during the next combat instance you automatically reshift to the beast.

The easiest way to fix this is to keep the druid spiritshifted even outside of combat, make spirit-shifting cost 0 time (with no recovery time either), grey out the melee weapon sets and whatever else you don't want the player to have access to during spiritform. Spiritforms already have higher recovery times, are severely limited in melee combat, and cast spells slower, what else do they need?

Why change the formula from what IE had?

Edited by Hormalakh

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

öööhm sry Hormalakh, which beta are you playing? ... this may have been true a while ago, but at least in the newest release, this isn't the case anymore

also in picture:

what i meant with the shifting icon being there twice after/before the shifting bug

post-104376-0-17929500-1420668223_thumb.jpg

no problem :D

But i like your idea of being able to shift outside of battle... running as wulfy through the woods 

No, because, uhm, that'd be overpowered when soloing.. or.. umm.. something. Using Abilities for initiating combat? Don't be daft!

It wouldn't make sense at all that a Druid would spiritshift before charging people in a planned attack.

t50aJUd.jpg

well from a role play perspective it would make sense ;)

And like i said before, i would remove or hard nerf spellcasting in shifted form, so there would be no problem with overpowerd...

I was being sarcastic, because the whole "Combat Only"-ability use thing is supposedly a balancing factor to deal with certain issues that then got expanded to.. a lot of of powers and abilities, and I find it incredibly annoying, so I'm a bit bitter about the whole thing. Of course you should be able to Spiritshift outside of combat. If a druid is to Spiritshift, why would he wait until the enemies are coming for him?

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg