[392] At least one bug with Suppression of Accuracy bonuses

Sensuki

Question

In this video, the Accuracy bonus for the Rogue ability Reckless Assault does not appear to stack with the Weapon Focus talent and the damage bonuses for Reckless Assault are also suppressed along with the Accuracy for some reason, is this intended? :/

Also the Accuracy bonus for the War Bow being Fine also appears to not be working in this instance / is suppressed by Weapon Focus.

The Accuracy values are shown as 54 and 64 respectively. 25 (Class) + 9 (Level) + 20 (Perception) = 54, and +10 from Weapon Focus Adventurer.

In this video, you can see that after the suppression of Reckless Assault appears in the Character Sheet and Tooltip after having a weapon of the Weapon Focus group equipped, it persists no matter what weapon is equipped (in this case, unarmed - which is from a different group) and makes the Accuracy display inaccurate among other things.

Edited by Sensuki

5 answers to this question

I've seen you say elsewhere that Weapon Focus grants +10, and you say it in the OP here too, but trying it out, it only grants +6.

I tried it out with a starting character with a basic Longsword, with Weapon Focus Knight, and it's only 6.

Am I missing something, or are you operating on old intel?

t50aJUd.jpg

Yeah, that's probably correct. I was not aware it was nerfed (and that's why it's annoying that balance changes are not documented). Regardless, the bonus from Reckless Assault shouldn't be suppressed.

Edited by Sensuki

Hello,

Thanks for the post and the videos. This issue was related to Modals duplicating and suppressing their own effects on Save/Load. There were some bugs in the way that Modals were being saved when they were active during a save that caused this to occur. Behind the scenes you should have multiple instances of the ability active, sometimes suppressing all of the effects and other times leaving you with one left over instance that grants its benefit normally.

This has been fixed in our recent builds and now saving modals both saves the modal properly in the "on state" if it was active and it now does not duplicate or suppress its effects.

Also Weapon Focus was lowered to +6 Accuracy, this information is correct.

Thank you for your support!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1