[392] Forest Lurker encounter too close to edge of map

PrimeJunta

Question

Not a bug exactly, but more of a badly placed encounter. The forest lurkers in Dyrford Crossing are located so that combat usually ends up squished right at the edge of the map. This feels awkward. Ideally the map should be extended a bit to the east so there'd be room for them. Failing that, reduce the number of foes and put them as far west as possible in their little mini-area, or move the entire encounter to the roomier Stormwall Gorge map.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

1 answer to this question

The only reason this is badly placed is because the encounter is not facing the camera, it's facing away from it. Combined with the unfortunate lower camera angle outside, you often lose your units if a Forest Lurker attacks them in melee, and you can't see them behind the Forest Lurkers.

I would possibly recommend just not using Forest Lurkers up there, as it's just not practical. 

Wouldn't be as big of a deal if unit occlusion through other units was actually good, but it's not and I'm not sure if they will have time to improve it before release.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1