RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

THQ had a license for 40K exclusivity, not fantasy. And that license just died with THQ.

Now there's no exclusivity on 40K, but no rumors of deals either.

Doesn't Slitherine own the 40K license now?

No, they just have a license.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

After very successful space engineers, i present you Medieval Engineers:

http://www.medievalengineers.com/

looks quite neat

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Have they actually done a warhammer battle sim that wasn't something else. I'm talking warhammer fantasy battle a la the Total War series. Two or more large armies facing off. There have been a lot of Warhammer games but they are either RTS or turn based strategy (TBS should be a thing as well surely)  orientated, none of them have really tried to recreate both the scale and the tactic elements of the boardgame.

Technical limitations perhaps ?

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Shadow of the Horned Rat, Dark Omen and Mark of Chaos were boardgame scale, at least coming from someone where the store house rules were 1,000 - 2,000 point armies per player. The only other one I can think of that did large scale battles was Warhammer Online, but y'know, not what you were getting at. I think the three above did a great job of capturing the feel of the boardgame though, and while there weren't as many spells and abilities, they still had enough. What would you live improved upon out of interesr because for the most part I always just wanted them to add every army, unit and spell to these things and declare that Warhammer had made the full transition at last.

Edited by Serrano

We're like 2 years away from every single game released being a Warhammer game.  I'm talking all of them, including music rhythm games, endless runners, city building games, racing games, visual novel dating sims, hidden object games, BioWare sexual harassment simulators (I swiped that from the Co-Optional Podcast, it was too hilarious to not use), etc.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

GTA-style game in the 40k setting would be cool. At least the law enforcement response would be epic in some cases.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We're like 2 years away from every single game released being a Warhammer game.  I'm talking all of them, including music rhythm games, endless runners, city building games, racing games, visual novel dating sims, hidden object games, BioWare sexual harassment simulators (I swiped that from the Co-Optional Podcast, it was too hilarious to not use), etc.

Oooh, visual novel dating sim with orcs!!!

*drools*

• Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Shadow of the Horned Rat, Dark Omen and Mark of Chaos were boardgame scale, at least coming from someone where the store house rules were 1,000 - 2,000 point armies per player. The only other one I can think of that did large scale battles was Warhammer Online, but y'know, not what you were getting at. I think the three above did a great job of capturing the feel of the boardgame though, and while there weren't as many spells and abilities, they still had enough. What would you live improved upon out of interesr because for the most part I always just wanted them to add every army, unit and spell to these things and declare that Warhammer had made the full transition at last.

Mark of Chaos and Dark Omen were  great games, shadow of the horned, a bit too DOS ugly. Couldn't get into it. There was very limited choice of units though and the maps were a bit on the small side. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I loved the trailer, but gameplay was a bit lacking

That Mark of Chaos trailer makes my blood boil, why would a column of combined armsmen charge the enemy surrounding them? Surely it would be far wiser to put the Arquebusiers to use behind a solid wall of polearms and shieldbearers, failure to do so gave the Kurgan that victory.

I'm such a nerd.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

That Mark of Chaos trailer makes my blood boil, why would a column of combined armsmen charge the enemy surrounding them? Surely it would be far wiser to put the Arquebusiers to use behind a solid wall of polearms and shieldbearers, failure to do so gave the Kurgan that victory.

I'm such a nerd.

#Coolfactor #Drama more important ;)

on the strategy factor - they were surrounded, so i guess their best bet was to charge one way and break through the surround to either retreat or gain a better position ;)

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Like 1

I still to this day can't fathom how warhamer is failing as a game franchise....

Apart from Warhammer Online, which I gather cost GW more than they spent, they haven't really gone 'all in' on videogames yet. They probably want to focus on the models for now, I mean hell, they re-release the same rulebooks and figures in slighly different poses then declare the old ones as out-of-date meaning you can't use the bloody things you recently spent £200 collecting. Thank you very much for the warning local GW which incidentally is why I stopped playing the tabletop games by the way. But yeah, seriously once they release a videogame that adequately does what the tabletop games do and has all the armies and units then the tabletop money pit they've created becomes obselete. It's different with things like Space Hulk and Blood Bowl because while these games are awesome they've always been niche compared to the main games (Although I'd like to point out that both of those boardgame recreated videogames have/are having 'updated' versions already meaning players are buying a new version of the same game again). Would be nice to see Warhammer Quest as a full-on PC title and not limited to tablets though or of course, Necromunda, which was my favourite GW by far.

Edited by Serrano

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-19-sid-meiers-starships-announced-for-pc-mac-ipad

Firaxis and Civilization creator Sid Meier have revealed their next project - Sid Meier's Starships.

A turn-based sci-fi strategy title for PC, Mac and iPad, Starships is due to launch in "early 2015".

The game will focus on controlling a fleet of space vessels as you journey across the galaxy, protecting plants while amassing an army for your growing galactic federation (thanks, Gamespot).

You'll be able to expand your forces with new technologies and customisable spaceships, then do battle in "dynamically generated tactical combat" across numerous spacey maps.

Owners of the recent Civilization: Beyond Earth will be treated to cross-connectivity between games, although the specifics of this have yet to be revealed.

Watch a scene setting concept video below.

This will be good in 3 expansions.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hey, remember Raven's Cry, that pirate RPG being developed by Reality Pump?  No?  Well, I imagine most people had forgotten about it, if they even knew about it in the first place, since there has been no mention of the game in seemingly forever.  Well, there's some actual gameplay of the game out in the wild now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY4IPpmsuWk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kwoHucMgls

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-19-sid-meiers-starships-announced-for-pc-mac-ipad

Firaxis and Civilization creator Sid Meier have revealed their next project - Sid Meier's Starships.1A turn-based sci-fi strategy title for PC, Mac and iPad, Starships is due to launch in "early 2015".The game will focus on controlling a fleet of space vessels as you journey across the galaxy, protecting plants while amassing an army for your growing galactic federation (thanks, Gamespot).You'll be able to expand your forces with new technologies and customisable spaceships, then do battle in "dynamically generated tactical combat" across numerous spacey maps.Owners of the recent Civilization: Beyond Earth will be treated to cross-connectivity between games, although the specifics of this have yet to be revealed.Watch a scene setting concept video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQh6WjrRohcThis will be good in 3 expansions.

Intrigued.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I never tried to get into series but hell it really looks good

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Firaxis and Civilization creator Sid Meier have revealed their next project - Sid Meier's Starships.1A turn-based sci-fi strategy title for PC, Mac and iPad, Starships is due to launch in "early 2015".The game will focus on controlling a fleet of space vessels as you journey across the galaxy, protecting plants while amassing an army for your growing galactic federation (thanks, Gamespot).You'll be able to expand your forces with new technologies and customisable spaceships, then do battle in "dynamically generated tactical combat" across numerous spacey maps.Owners of the recent Civilization: Beyond Earth will be treated to cross-connectivity between games, although the specifics of this have yet to be revealed.Watch a scene setting concept video below.

yousnipc   This will be good in 3 expansions.

Intrigued.

So am i ... but i'll probably buy it after it gets 3 expansions. :)

1.13 killed off Ja2.

yousnipc   This will be good in 3 expansions.

Intrigued.

So am i ... but i'll probably buy it after it gets 3 expansions. :)

Then again, Civ IV and X-COM were excellent releases by Firaxis right off the gate.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle