Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

Welcome to the Obsidian Community Photo Sharing thread!

Start of previous thread.

A combination of "pics of yourself" and other photo topics common to many forums. If you feel comfortable sharing pics of yourself, this is the place. But if that isn't your thing, pics of your pets, your backyard garden project, vacation or that awesome sunset/nature/other photo you captured etc. can go here too. It's not the place to share funny internet memes, as we already have a thread for stuff like that.

-----------------------------------

The most recent pics from the last thread, repeated here:

Wild goose. They were huge and looked really tasty. Also I wonder if that specimen with the black head was the only male in that group?

ducks_zps238d3876.jpg

Very still water at dawn. (for some reason this pic lost a lot of quality when I uploaded it)

mirroredtreeswold3_zps1e3a50a9.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Took this a couple of weeks ago outside work.

0oKzl0A.jpg

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Took this a couple of weeks ago outside work.

0oKzl0A.jpg

How much crack is your mayor smoking now?

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Woldan, you should freelance for National Geographic. Your pictures aren't just beautiful, they're art.

Thank you, Meshugger, but whenever I see the photos of a true professional I feel completely inadequate. There is much room for improvement.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Got a Canon DSLR camera not too long ago...what follows is a random collection of my attempts to teach myself (a complete newbie) the basics of photography:

9alb.jpg

1zdxfdf.jpg

The two best things in the world...wine and cheese:

vwbAcm1.jpg

My turntable:

seAWE9C.jpg

AVIPEVO.jpg

• Like 2

"There is no greatness where simplicity, goodness and truth are absent." - Leo Tolstoy

This is what I look like if my ride forgot to pick me up at the airport and I've been traveling for 24 hours straight already:

946661_578588375498060_2113819526_n_zpsd

I may look half-dead, but I'm SPIRITUALLY ALIVE.

• Like 3

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

• 2 weeks later...

Testing my new Fujifilm XM-1 with my 16-50 objective. Downsizing and uploading kind of botched the quality, especially the color transitions, happens sometimes, but its still nice I think. 

treenewcamera3h_zpsf3bbc32d.png

My new camera:

camerad_zps491029be.jpg

Edited by Woldan

That's a big sunshade on the silver/black one. :)

Its especially helpful in the mountains as the sun reflecting from the rocks can produce a lot of unwanted close proximity light sources making the picture appear hazy. If you want to have a much smaller shade you can get a honeycomb filter. People also use them on rifle scopes.   

p_100003624_1.jpg

I don't have any gorgeous nature shots to share, but I was doing the photo album thing again, and ... uh ... guys? Remind me to never get a perm ever ever again. Friggin' 80's...

permhair.jpg

• Like 6
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think it's time to bring the perm back

I think most other teen girls of that era would agree with me when I say ... no. :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

DSCF0070_zpscb0391c5.jpg

I want to go there, werever there is, I don't care. Want to go. Like, really alots. Mmmm.... nice.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Me too. See the three peaks on the left? Its the Dachstein, the three peaks are called Torstein, Mitterspitz and Hoher Dachstein. Been there countless times climbing. I see it every day and every time I wish I could be there right now, climbing. So close yet so far away; but summer will come eventually.

But Sweden has wonderful locations too. I love those birch forests, especially in autumn.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

Me too. See the three peaks on the left? Its the Dachstein, the three peaks are called Torstein, Mitterspitz and Hoher Dachstein. Been there countless times climbing. I see it every day and every time I wish I could be there right now, climbing. So close yet so far away; but summer will come eventually.

But Sweden has wonderful locations too. I love those birch forests, especially in autumn.

Yes, true, there are some magnificient places here in Sweden, some very pretty views. There's mostly fir around where I am, but there are some patches where there is hardwood and you can walk under autumn leaves and enjoy yourself. But none of that is quite as majestic as those mountains. 

Though I am pretty certain that if I tried to actually climb any of those peaks it'd be the death of me. ^^

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

• 2 weeks later...

I got a serious case of cabin fever going.  The reason:

zPIqp3v.jpg

That's what Connecticut has looked like for a month straight.  Everything is buried under snow, below average (way below average in most cases) temperatures every day.  Next week looks just as bad, way below average temps the whole week, more snow on Tuesday, maybe more snow on Friday.  Tomorrow morning I get to wait for the bus in -5° F temps with 15 mph winds.  This is my 27th Connecticut winter and I can confidently say this is easily in the top 3 worst winters I've been through here.  April can't possibly come soon enough.  :verymad:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

*romps around outside in 76F Feb. sunshine while wearing shorts and a t-shirt*

California does have it's perks, sometimes. Although I expect it to be rainy and mildly chilly a few more times before true Spring.

Try to see the good in everything, the harder the winter the more you're going to enjoy summer. Nothing makes summer suck more than a warm, muddy winter. 

False.  There is no correlation between the harshness of winter and my enjoyment of summer.  It's a nice thought, but it's untrue.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks