Combat: Action Icon- Recovery Bar

constantine

Is it true that in build 435 they incorporated a 'combat idle animation' ? If that's true, it is help enough for me to turn off the markers above characters.

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

I think either ALL the information should be above the characters (XCOM:EU/EW), or it should all just be with the portraits.

Also, instead of watching bars deplete to decide when people are going to go again, what if we watched bars fill, instead? Maybe with some kind of glow/indication of "Ready for action"? You know, kinda like the old Final Fantasy "active" combat GUIs.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I think either ALL the information should be above the characters (XCOM:EU/EW), or it should all just be with the portraits.

Also, instead of watching bars deplete to decide when people are going to go again, what if we watched bars fill, instead? Maybe with some kind of glow/indication of "Ready for action"? You know, kinda like the old Final Fantasy "active" combat GUIs.

Fill is more intuitive, I agree. The ATB system is a good example.

I agree with all of Lephys's points. Either all portrait or all model. I've played similar clock-based games like Atlantica Online or the Monster's Den series and everywhere it's fill.  A small flash or other visual cue to show readiness, yes again.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

I'm a big fan of thing's being shown in context, and don't like to be pulled out of immersion. If the bars above the heads must be shown, I'd prefer it to only be there when I activate it, or if it only shows for a second and fades away. The dev's have over complicated the combat so you need so many visual cues to know what the heck is going on. I feel like they should have stuck with a 1 or 4 party max for a game this complex. It's completely counter productive to have a gorgeous world to play in and then have to concentrate so much on the tiny #'s on screen and try to decipher who's engaging who etc. At least their open minded to listen to our feedback. Maybe by the 3rd or 4th post launch patch it'll be more streamlined and pretty.