Christmas food and drink

Walsingham

No-one here for Christmas day, but not to be deterred I'm cooking up a storm.

Cake as a sugary snack all day:

Plain white flour, baking soda, large quantity cinnamon, allspice, double usual quantity of white sugar, very finely chopped apples, egg. Placed in loaf tin. In oven now.

EDIT: Also ground dried chilli and sea salt. Since I'm teh only bastard who has to eat them I thought I'd try this out.

Later will have roast shoulder of lamb rubbed with chipotle chilli and dried mango (very very finely chopped). Served with roast squash, roast potatos.

Big fruity red wines for later today. After I've rung the scattered outposts of clan Walsingham. Or during, now I think of it. Ghastly bunch.

How about you chaps?

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I ate at my parent's place, lots of Lebanese food that I don't know the name of. Kept to drinking water. Can't eat any sweets as I am still in an ongoing bet with my brother. 56 days in now and none of us seems to be willing to give up.

We did have stuffed turkey but the rest I won't bother naming. Today we will have meat, potato, tsatziki, tabouleh and lots of other stuff. Might drink a glass or two of whiskey.

• Like 2

Changed my mind on the lamb as is my prerogative. Went for coriander seed, double black pepper, rosemary and basil, Maldon sea salt. Rubbed it on dry, in a thick layer. Slow cooked it. Eating now. Fantastic.

Wine a SAfrican Cabernet SAauvignon with plenty of oomph.

Apple cake went well. Messy, but delicious.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Eggs Benedict and Sausage rolls for breakfast. The bennys are my trdition, the sausage rolls are the wife's. After finding the easy hollandaise recipe on youtube I take any opportunity to make it.

Got a ham in the oven now. Gonna make stuffing, yams, brussel sprouts, and potatoes au gratin to go with it.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My family's big X-Mas dinner always happens on the eve (i.e. it happened last night).  As is our tradition, we had Barszcz z Uszkami (borscht with mushroom filled tortellini), then fish, mashed potatoes, and stewed cabbage.  Also, there was alcohol, lots of alcohol.  This morning we had our traditional breakfast with soft boiled eggs, ham, kielbasa, cheese, and Sałatka Jarzynowa (basically a SUPER potato salad).  For lunch I had Flaki (tripe stew).  Now I'm mellowing out with Chivas Regal on the rocks.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Went to my BFF's for tacos, steak and chicken, magic pinto beans, Mexican rice, homemade-crust apple pie, Longboard Lagers with lime, a bevy of mixed drinks. Inbetwixt all of this was a facetime call to Brasil wherein it was confirmed how ridiculously attractive her cousin is, on the couch in a bikini top. Santa delivered big, today. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

My family's big X-Mas dinner always happens on the eve (i.e. it happened last night).  As is our tradition, we had Barszcz z Uszkami (borscht with mushroom filled tortellini), then fish, mashed potatoes, and stewed cabbage.  Also, there was alcohol, lots of alcohol.  This morning we had our traditional breakfast with soft boiled eggs, ham, kielbasa, cheese, and Sałatka Jarzynowa (basically a SUPER potato salad).  For lunch I had Flaki (tripe stew).  Now I'm mellowing out with Chivas Regal on the rocks.

All good, except for the love of God stop drinking Chivas. It really isn't any good.

-Elwood Blues

All good, except for the love of God stop drinking Chivas. It really isn't any good.

I don't mind Chivas, but it wasn't my choice anyway, it was a gift.  If it was up to me I'd be drinking Dewars 12 Year Old Special Reserve, but I'm not about to just pour the Chivas down the drain.  And before you tell me to drink <Name of Single Malt Scotch>, no, I prefer blends.  If that's Scotch heresy then I'm a heretic. /shrugs

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I don't mind Chivas, but it wasn't my choice anyway, it was a gift.  If it was up to me I'd be drinking Dewars 12 Year Old Special Reserve, but I'm not about to just pour the Chivas down the drain.  And before you tell me to drink <Name of Single Malt Scotch>, no, I prefer blends.  If that's Scotch heresy then I'm a heretic. /shrugs

A man who is happy drinking piss has no need of good wishes. ;)

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

I test ate one of the haggi I bought today. It was delicious, but I haven't had wind like this since... well I don't remember when.

I feel like a gas refinery.

-Elwood Blues