Area Spells effects have to be improved

BillyCorgan

Hi,

I'm not sure whether it's the beta or if the game will be as well to the output (I hope not), but the AoE selection area are very / too "simple".

Is it intended effects as in the example below? This would be so much better ...

858618poevfxspells.jpg

Finally, it would be nice if these areas (and selection on screen) recognize objects / walls to avoid overlap with these ...

Another "idea" for circle selection zone :

701461poevfxspells1.jpg

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Maybe in my example the effects are "too much" but something more "finished" as yellow / green line will integrate better.

See this (which is superimposed in addition to walls etc ...) bother me. I feel open a 3D app over a game with beautiful graphics ... it is out of step for me.

And I repeat, do not bother to make tones, just something more integrated.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with a bit of decoration. It would be nice to have something that fits in a bit more with the rest of the art, but that being said, I do get the whole 'keep it simple' argument. I just happen to fall under the 'throw as much ornamentation as you can' side of things. So I happen to like things like the NWN2 or even Dragon Age origins spell targeting look - what with the symbols and such. And seeing as you mainly do your spell targeting when you're paused and it's over as soon as you click, I don't think it adds that much to the clutter. But, yeah, I am biased.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Finally they did something similar on the areas of spells (but lighter) in the final version. Cool.

Edited by BillyCorgan