392 map travel issue

LadyCrimson

So...in my brief opening of the game to check out the ui's and such, I created a new party, was put in the town. I talked to no one and just headed straight for a map travel point and went to Stormwall Gorge to glance around for 15 seconds.

When I loaded the save later and tried to use the travel point/map to go back to the village, the party emerges above it, stuck/unable to move with the party leader running in place endlessly. I reloaded repeatedly w/same results, then tried going to the other available map location (Crossing) which put me in front of what looks like a dangerous cave (not where I recall it put me in previous version), but with the same problem. I take it this isn't supposed to happen. Is it because I didn't talk to the town/get missions? Any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKcCHBwBb-Q&feature=youtu.be

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, I started another character, did exactly the same thing (no npc talking) and it worked fine initially, exited game, restarted, still worked fine to travel on map.

I did notice tho that my first chr/save, the travel map had the Crossing option on it, while the new save didn't (just gorge and the town). Strange. Well, anyway, some odd glitch I guess.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I noticed that the  Crossing was not a map option.   I did talk to people.  Dif the cat & mouse task then picked up the Dragon Egg task and traveled to the Crossing which was now an option.  Explored a little, fought some beetles and returned to the Village.  So far no problem.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg