[392] Permanent Stat Boosts, somehow related to food and sleeping at an inn.

Sock

Question

It seems that if you have the dragon's rest buff active, then eat some food, you can turn the dragon's rest buff into a permanent buff, sometimes?

Alternatively, if you eat and then sleep for the dragon's rest, you get the food buffs permanently.

I don't fully understand how I did it, but BB Fighter currently has base stats of:

26 str, 37 con, 10 dex, 25 per, 13 int, 11 res

Also, the Ixamitl Ricepan provides +50 to con and per... pretty sure that's not right.

8 answers to this question

Having Draken's den resting buff as well, didn't know about the correlation. I thing it helped me to rest in different room to unpermanent it.

Nevertheless I made and ate Ixamitl Ricepan during the Draken's den buff time. In crafting menu it is listed +50 PER and +50 CON instant over 150 sec (and +5 max endurance).

Eating it (from quick items menu) works interestingly: After consumation, next to portrait tooltip shows +5 max endurance and +60 PER and CON over 180sec (probably thanks one point in survival?). PER and CON attributes are slowly raised during the buff time. And after that the buff stays permanent, as Sock mentioned. But Ixamitl magic doesn't stop here:) This superfood meal is additive to itself. As it doesn't disappear after eating, you can easily create superhuman.

If I click on CON or PER attribute name during the effect of the Ixamitl Ricepan, it lists +1 buff. So I guess that is an intended effect?  
Should we test other foods and crafting recipes?

post-46814-0-14266800-1419719687_thumb.jpg

post-46814-0-66797200-1419719697_thumb.jpg

post-46814-0-64805200-1419719759_thumb.jpg

Different source, but seems to be the same issue.

I've turned some of my priest buffs into permanent buffs, too. Not sure how, but for whatever reason my chanter currently has 87 accuracy.

Further, my weapons are reporting double the quality and enchantment bonuses. My fine war bow is providing +8 accuracy and +2.3 dmg, which is twice what it should be.

I'm not sure how hard they monitor these boards, honestly, but you should probably post your saves for reference. Might help them to track down the issue. Since you (we) have no idea what causes this, we can't expect them to. :p

t50aJUd.jpg

That is a different issue, it adjusts player abilities not there underlying stats.

You are right. Thanks. I misread attributes with abilities, and that other issue multiplicates granted abilities on the action bar.

Ok, unfortunately so far I can play BB under wine in linux and forgot that it's not sensible for bug reporting. Can any of you playing on win or mac post savefile and list of steps to reproduce the permanent stat boost? Maybe it's better to wait for an upcoming BB version with that...