Disarming Traps: Not Sure if I'm Dumb or it's a Bug

Dueps

Question

Every trap I've detected, in game thus far, has prevented me from looting the chest.  If I can't detect the trap, then I can loot the chest (and get zapped), but if I detect the trap, I am no longer able to interact with the chest.  For example, in one of the houses in Dyrwood, there is a trapped chest.  I detected that it was trapped, and had the "Loot Chest" Hand Icon, but just cannot loot the chest.

I wonder if I just don't know how to disarm traps, or if this would be considered a bug.  

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

I have the same problem and both mu cipher and my rogue have mechanic skill.  No message appears saying that more sill or lockpicks are needed.

Edited by Nakia

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I noticed this yesterday, probably the same house in Dyrwood, too. I wasn't sure if it was a bug or if I'm just functionally retarded, so I didn't report it yet. I wanted to see if it's the same with other traps, and judging from what Nakia and Cluas said, it's game-wide.

t50aJUd.jpg

It's the same with every trap. There is no option to disarm it once you find it. In fact, the game won't even let you come near the trapped object/spot, which means the option to just take the hit is closed off to you if you actually detected it. So the solution is to not search for traps in the first place? Yikes.

Edited by Stun