What you did today

LadyCrimson

Last page of previous thread

And the daily "whatcha doing?" goes on!

...do they still drop the "apple" in NYC on NY's Eve? I grew up watching that via the D. Clark specials. I don't really have a bucket list, but if I did, seeing that in person might be one of the things on it. I have a feeling it wouldn't excite me that much, but still...I'd like to see it once. original.gif

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have a project e-meeting at 8 AM, Central time. After that I'm done... literally for the rest of 2014.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've been walking around this morning telling the kids it's cleaning day.  They seem less than thrilled.

Motivate them with a sharpened stick.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

All this talk of gyms and my lack of appetite made me go for a long morning hike. Sunny winter day, refreshing! Now to clean the mud off my hiking boots and go back to being a lazy fart.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bought my mother a Christmas present, also new Logitech G35 headphones and a new weight scale. Found out that I weigh a whooping 100 kilograms / 220 lbs now, I've never weighed so much in my life. I feel kind of heavy too but as long as I can see my abs....   :p

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I've been walking around this morning telling the kids it's cleaning day.  They seem less than thrilled.

Motivate them with a sharpened stick.

isn't the whole point o' christmas that parents get a month or so during which they can threaten children with the spectre o' a grim christmas if they end up on the fat man's naughty list? 

ok, we know the actual point o' christmas is for retailers to sell off inventory before the end of the year, but the carrot v. stick approach must be in the top ten, no?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hm, might be for some. Parenting should just be stick if they don't do what their told.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Grom is right, using Santa as leverage to make the kids cooperative has to be the icing on the cake

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hm, might be for some. Parenting should just be stick if they don't do what their told.

Thanks Ladainian Tomlinson  :p

My wife and I cleaned the house today, it was a big job.  Still, it's nice to have a fresh smell in every room again.  

Bought the rest of the supplies for our Christmas Eve/post birthday (best for last) dinner.

Got the meat for the tamales cooking down and about to start marinating the pork shoulder since it needs to sit a whole day... my mouth is watering just thinking about it

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Sounds like a nice feast, ShadySands. :)

I weeded/raked the front yard a bit. I can only ever do "a bit" because the yard waste bin is full after doing an area about the size of a smallish bedroom (more if you do a very haphazard job of it but) etc. It's a constant catch-up where you never catch-up and over time you care less and less about even trying to catch-up and go **** it. Those darn maple trees....

Time to game!

Bought the rest of the supplies for our Christmas Eve/post birthday (best for last) dinner.

Got the meat for the tamales cooking down and about to start marinating the pork shoulder since it needs to sit a whole day... my mouth is watering just thinking about it

tamales. yum. you use lard, yes? lard is love.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

HA! Good Fun!

I'm having chicken fried steak for your birthday, boom. 

Also, the best tamale ever, came wrapped in a big green banana leaf. It was what you call sumptuous, presumably with lard love baked in, I don't know. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Yeah, we use lard which is the main reason we only eat them a couple days out of the whole year

HA! Good Fun!

Also, the best tamale ever, came wrapped in a big green banana leaf. It was what you call sumptuous, presumably with lard love baked in, I don't know. 

I'm jealous

We ate some like that when we were in Costa Rica. Different but still delicious

EDIT: Thinking of making fry bread as well since everything else is already so unhealthy

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

HA! Good Fun!

Wait, you had your tamale not wrapped in banana leafs before that? :blink:

Sometimes I hate cultural appropriations...

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

At the grocery store last week I bought this 32 ounce bottle of some premade coffee drink. I normally don't like coffee, but occasionally like mocha's so thought I'd try it. It's been in the fridge unopened. Since I didn't sleep, I thought this morning would be a good time to try it (vs. my Diet Dew), for the extra jolt. Tasted all right, not too sweet, more coffee taste than most similar drinks, and I drank more than half the bottle without much thought, because I was sorta thirsty. Then I read the label. 50mg caffeine for only 8oz. All righty then, I should be more awake soon. tongue.png

1300625.jpg

• Like 2

I re-booked my room for my Vegas trip for the 5th time after finding even lower rates.  I decided to upgrade to the Octavius Tower since the prices were so good ($119 a night) and I'm pretty excited about that.  I also booked a couples massage for a king's ransom.   >_<

• Like 1

Work is nice and slow, so everyone's taking it easy.

today is shady's birthday, yes? happy birthday and merry christmas.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 7