Memorial to PoE Backer Raymond Beckett

The Pillars of Eternity backer community lost a member this past week.  Raymond Beckett was an avid gamer and a good friend.  He talked me into joining the Kickstarter campaign for the game and I can think of no better memorial for him than if he can get some sort of in-game memorial.

Play on, Ray!

• Like 16

The Pillars of Eternity backer community lost a member this past week.  Raymond Beckett was an avid gamer and a good friend.  He talked me into joining the Kickstarter campaign for the game and I can think of no better memorial for him than if he can get some sort of in-game memorial.

Play on, Ray!

Is this the guy who died playing Might&Magic6? Because that was tragic.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Commiserations on losing a friend sir, and of course deepest sympathies are extended to Mr Beckett's family.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

My condolences  to his friends and family but If he died playing a fun game I can't think of a better way to go.  That's what I would want.

I hope the devs do make him a memorial.  Maybe a tombstone near the Stronghold for all to see with an inscription.  "Raymond Beckett a real gamer and a PoE backer R.I.P."

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

RIP Raymond Beckett and my condolences to the family.

Agree that adding an in-game memorial would be a nice gesture.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

You have my deepest condolencies. I hope he gets a memorial in Pillars.

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

• 2 weeks later...

My condolences as well.

`This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!` - God Emperor of Didcot by Toby Frost.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...