Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

You no mess with Supreme Leader!

trollingIRL decline Team America Fail Conspiracy ph33r

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6921 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
So apparently, surprisingly, this movie is awful ?

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8554 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

So apparently, surprisingly, this movie is awful ?

That would not be surprising at all.  It's basically the sequel to Pineapple Express.  

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8841 posts

866045.jpg

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4330 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

http://www.thedailyb...-hack-sony.html

This article sums up what pretty much everyone out there with a modicum or more of tech knowledge is saying. There's zero evidence in the public domain that North Korea is responsible, and what evidence there is points in an entirely different direction. That doesn't stop the main steam media from pushing the North Korea is responsible narrative though.

One should ask themselves why that is.

This is a good time for me to debunk your standard conspiracy theory logic , I dont often do this but I am finding this article interesting

Also I know you are an intelligent person so it always surprises me the most when intelligent people believe these types of stories and then believe the rest of us are missing "obvious truths ". For me its not obvious as I'll explain below

And thats the interesting part of disproving most conspiracy theories, they are illogical at there core

So the premise of the article is that  the hack was done by an ex-employer and Sony and the USA goverment are covering up this crime and shifting blame...okay lets break that down a bit

• There are numerous examples of hackers penetrating various large corporations security measures fairly regularly. Yes this is embarrassing but it happens so why would Sony not feel the need to be honest about the real hacker?
  • Why would the USA government be complicent in a lie like this, SONY was hacked not the USA so you can't really think that the FBI would get involved publically unless there was a real risk of corporate espionage. In this case they are concerned because the crime was committed by another country and not the likes of LULZ. The FBI wouldn't make such an accusation against another country unless there was evidence...and they have ways through programs like Prism to confirm this. So the real question is why do you think the FBI would lie and protect SONY? 

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3524 posts

This article sums up what pretty much everyone out there with a modicum or more of tech knowledge is saying. There's zero evidence in the public domain that North Korea is responsible, and what evidence there is points in an entirely different direction. That doesn't stop the main steam media from pushing the North Korea is responsible narrative though.

This is a good time for me to debunk your standard conspiracy theory logic , I dont often do this but I am finding this article interesting

Also I know you are an intelligent person so it always surprises me the most when intelligent people believe these types of stories and then believe the rest of us are missing "obvious truths ". For me its not obvious as I'll explain below

And thats the interesting part of disproving most conspiracy theories, they are illogical at there core

So the premise of the article is that  the hack was done by an ex-employer and Sony and the USA goverment are covering up this crime and shifting blame...okay lets break that down a bit

• There are numerous examples of hackers penetrating various large corporations security measures fairly regularly. Yes this is embarrassing but it happens so why would Sony not feel the need to be honest about the real hacker?
  • Why would the USA government be complicent in a lie like this, SONY was hacked not the USA so you can't really think that the FBI would get involved publically unless there was a real risk of corporate espionage. In this case they are concerned because the crime was committed by another country and not the likes of LULZ. The FBI wouldn't make such an accusation against another country unless there was evidence...and they have ways through programs like Prism to confirm this. So the real question is why do you think the FBI would lie and protect SONY? 

One should ask themselves who is funding these stories?

Face it, traditional news are actually less trustworthy than online media since you can't follow it to the source and because people scrutinize online more due to anonymity of sources.

Nowadays news carry one merely on the perception of what they used to be, but they don't bother to fact check and neither do the people. It seems everyone believes that someone would call them out on it. But will you ever hear of it if its not on the news?

http://en.wikipedia....ion_Mockingbird

http://www.washingto...tern-press.html

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4330 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

One should ask themselves who is funding these stories?

Face it, traditional news are actually less trustworthy than online media since you can't follow it to the source and because people scrutinize online more due to anonymity of sources.

Nowadays news carry one merely on the perception of what they used to be, but they don't bother to fact check and neither do the people. It seems everyone believes that someone would call them out on it. But will you ever hear of it if its not on the news?

http://en.wikipedia....ion_Mockingbird

http://www.washingto...tern-press.html

Interesting links but I still don't see how this supports  the notion the USA is involved in collusion with Sony around the real hackers

Or rather let me pose the question differently, what is the point of manipulating the public to get the world to think NK did this?

Is the objective to get the American people to dislike NK, most people already dislike the current NK regime

Is the objective to get the American people ready for an invasion of NK....this is so unlikely and makes no sense

So why try to manipulate the US public? 

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3524 posts

Interesting links but I still don't see how this supports  the notion the USA is involved in collusion with Sony around the real hackers

Or rather let me pose the question differently, what is the point of manipulating the public to get the world to think NK did this?

Is the objective to get the American people to dislike NK, most people already dislike the current NK regime

Is the objective to get the American people ready for an invasion of NK....this is so unlikely and makes no sense

So why try to manipulate the US public? 

There is just speculation at this point but the news aren't really trustworthy sources nowadays, the US news has come under criticism by former members who saw it as propaganda centers. It may be that they have continuing relationship and they don't want to rock the boat. That seem to be true of a lot of major US outlets that seem content to tell the narrative, if it wasn't for GG I probably would not have an idea of how eschewed things are. 

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8554 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

It still doesn't explain why the US government would point the finger at NK, or really get involved at all.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

The more I hear about this the more convinced I am there is a rat in this somewhere. We haven't seen it yet be we can surely smell it.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8841 posts

It's either China or Worst Korea behind it all.

Meshugger

Meshugger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5239 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Considering the level sophistication used for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet i do not know what to think, except that the US government has access to some very good black hat hackers.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Kickstarter Backer

The more I hear about this the more convinced I am there is a rat in this somewhere. We haven't seen it yet be we can surely smell it.

I expect better from you, man. There doesn't NEED to be a rat here. Sony have been hit before. Scuttle is that they didn't take security seriously any of the previous times. They got hit again.

The only rat here is the bogus assertion that it wasn't just crime.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trollingIRL, decline, Team America, Fail, Conspiracy, ph33r

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users