You no mess with Supreme Leader!

213374U

Yep. Real problem is the theater chains balking at showing it and cutting the demand. Rather funny to hear this movie mentioned as some sort of creative achievement in the news here, people invoking Chamberlain and all.

Still think we should send Rogan and Franco to NK as a peace offering

Thats a good point, people are exaggerating how significant this movie is. " creative achievement " ... :lol:

I

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I wonder what the reaction would be if hax0rs reportedly working for Iran conducted an attack against the company responsible for Celeb Big Bro or some other tripe. The actual quality of the piece is irrelevant, but I don't think anyone invoked "artistic value" as a defense when **** went down with the Muhammad cartoons.

Are they running out of Salman Rushdies to go after or what...?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yep. Real problem is the theater chains balking at showing it and cutting the demand. Rather funny to hear this movie mentioned as some sort of creative achievement in the news here, people invoking Chamberlain and all.

if we can fake a moon landing, surely we can fake executing these two chaps, and all the crew?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

if we can fake a moon landing, surely we can fake executing these two chaps, and all the crew?

That's beyond our abilities, best we can do is pretend that we sent them to the moon.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/24/no-north-korea-didn-t-hack-sony.html

This article sums up what pretty much everyone out there with a modicum or more of tech knowledge is saying. There's zero evidence in the public domain that North Korea is responsible, and what evidence there is points in an entirely different direction. That doesn't stop the main steam media from pushing the North Korea is responsible narrative though.

One should ask themselves why that is.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1

If this whole thing is a publicity stunt then it would be one of the greatest of all time. This movie had box office bomb written all over it. Trust me, the only way someone was going to see this is if they sat in the wrong theater by mistake and didn't feel like getting up again. No everyone wants to see it. If they wait a week or two and release it it will be a huge success... for a week or two at least.

But it's not a stunt. Sony is not THAT smart.

Hmmm they have release the movie, it's a success because people believe it's their patriotic duty to see it. These are people who would not have gone to see it otherwise. Hmmm... the conspiracy theory doesn't sound as nuts as it did a week ago.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If this whole thing is a publicity stunt then it would be one of the greatest of all time. This movie had box office bomb written all over it. Trust me, the only way someone was going to see this is if they sat in the wrong theater by mistake and didn't feel like getting up again. No everyone wants to see it. If they wait a week or two and release it it will be a huge success... for a week or two at least.

But it's not a stunt. Sony is not THAT smart.

Hmmm they have release the movie, it's a success because people believe it's their patriotic duty to see it. These are people who would not have gone to see it otherwise. Hmmm... the conspiracy theory doesn't sound as nuts as it did a week ago.

It seems the day has come and gone where it's anyone's patriotic duty to see a Rogen/Franco movie. That's gotta be a step above hell freezing over.

The end of the world can't be far off now.

Relevant: 

• Like 3

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Relevant: 

I call fnord on Ghaddafi's badge.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So apparently, surprisingly, this movie is awful ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/24/no-north-korea-didn-t-hack-sony.html

This article sums up what pretty much everyone out there with a modicum or more of tech knowledge is saying. There's zero evidence in the public domain that North Korea is responsible, and what evidence there is points in an entirely different direction. That doesn't stop the main steam media from pushing the North Korea is responsible narrative though.

This is a good time for me to debunk your standard conspiracy theory logic , I dont often do this but I am finding this article interesting

Also I know you are an intelligent person so it always surprises me the most when intelligent people believe these types of stories and then believe the rest of us are missing "obvious truths ". For me its not obvious as I'll explain below

And thats the interesting part of disproving most conspiracy theories, they are illogical at there core

So the premise of the article is that  the hack was done by an ex-employer and Sony and the USA goverment are covering up this crime and shifting blame...okay lets break that down a bit

• There are numerous examples of hackers penetrating various large corporations security measures fairly regularly. Yes this is embarrassing but it happens so why would Sony not feel the need to be honest about the real hacker?
  • Why would the USA government be complicent in a lie like this, SONY was hacked not the USA so you can't really think that the FBI would get involved publically unless there was a real risk of corporate espionage. In this case they are concerned because the crime was committed by another country and not the likes of LULZ. The FBI wouldn't make such an accusation against another country unless there was evidence...and they have ways through programs like Prism to confirm this. So the real question is why do you think the FBI would lie and protect SONY? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This is a good time for me to debunk your standard conspiracy theory logic , I dont often do this but I am finding this article interesting

Also I know you are an intelligent person so it always surprises me the most when intelligent people believe these types of stories and then believe the rest of us are missing "obvious truths ". For me its not obvious as I'll explain below

And thats the interesting part of disproving most conspiracy theories, they are illogical at there core

So the premise of the article is that  the hack was done by an ex-employer and Sony and the USA goverment are covering up this crime and shifting blame...okay lets break that down a bit

• There are numerous examples of hackers penetrating various large corporations security measures fairly regularly. Yes this is embarrassing but it happens so why would Sony not feel the need to be honest about the real hacker?
  • Why would the USA government be complicent in a lie like this, SONY was hacked not the USA so you can't really think that the FBI would get involved publically unless there was a real risk of corporate espionage. In this case they are concerned because the crime was committed by another country and not the likes of LULZ. The FBI wouldn't make such an accusation against another country unless there was evidence...and they have ways through programs like Prism to confirm this. So the real question is why do you think the FBI would lie and protect SONY? 

One should ask themselves who is funding these stories?

Face it, traditional news are actually less trustworthy than online media since you can't follow it to the source and because people scrutinize online more due to anonymity of sources.

Nowadays news carry one merely on the perception of what they used to be, but they don't bother to fact check and neither do the people. It seems everyone believes that someone would call them out on it. But will you ever hear of it if its not on the news?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/10/leading-german-journalist-admits-cia-bribed-leaders-western-press.html

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

One should ask themselves who is funding these stories?

Face it, traditional news are actually less trustworthy than online media since you can't follow it to the source and because people scrutinize online more due to anonymity of sources.

Nowadays news carry one merely on the perception of what they used to be, but they don't bother to fact check and neither do the people. It seems everyone believes that someone would call them out on it. But will you ever hear of it if its not on the news?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/10/leading-german-journalist-admits-cia-bribed-leaders-western-press.html

Interesting links but I still don't see how this supports  the notion the USA is involved in collusion with Sony around the real hackers

Or rather let me pose the question differently, what is the point of manipulating the public to get the world to think NK did this?

Is the objective to get the American people to dislike NK, most people already dislike the current NK regime

Is the objective to get the American people ready for an invasion of NK....this is so unlikely and makes no sense

So why try to manipulate the US public? 

John Milton 

Interesting links but I still don't see how this supports  the notion the USA is involved in collusion with Sony around the real hackers

Or rather let me pose the question differently, what is the point of manipulating the public to get the world to think NK did this?

Is the objective to get the American people to dislike NK, most people already dislike the current NK regime

Is the objective to get the American people ready for an invasion of NK....this is so unlikely and makes no sense

So why try to manipulate the US public? 

There is just speculation at this point but the news aren't really trustworthy sources nowadays, the US news has come under criticism by former members who saw it as propaganda centers. It may be that they have continuing relationship and they don't want to rock the boat. That seem to be true of a lot of major US outlets that seem content to tell the narrative, if it wasn't for GG I probably would not have an idea of how eschewed things are. 

village_idiot.gif

The more I hear about this the more convinced I am there is a rat in this somewhere. We haven't seen it yet be we can surely smell it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Considering the level sophistication used for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet i do not know what to think, except that the US government has access to some very good black hat hackers.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The more I hear about this the more convinced I am there is a rat in this somewhere. We haven't seen it yet be we can surely smell it.

I expect better from you, man. There doesn't NEED to be a rat here. Sony have been hit before. Scuttle is that they didn't take security seriously any of the previous times. They got hit again.

The only rat here is the bogus assertion that it wasn't just crime.

-Elwood Blues