Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

Like exampled before with Sweden, it generally isn't the Internet SJW that make problems but the ones that have real influence. Which result in some pretty darned things like Thor being a woman and black Annie.

What's wrong with black Annie? There are lots of potential lore issues with female Thor so I get that, but I thought the new Annie was a new version of her altogether. I think the new Annie is adorable. Nothing wrong with the old version, but I don't see anything wrong with the new version either.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Like exampled before with Sweden, it generally isn't the Internet SJW that make problems but the ones that have real influence. Which result in some pretty darned things like Thor being a woman and black Annie.

What's wrong with black Annie? There are lots of potential lore issues with female Thor so I get that, but I thought the new Annie was a new version of her altogether. I think the new Annie is adorable. Nothing wrong with the old version, but I don't see anything wrong with the new version either.

Funny enough I can understand why people would object to certain changes like a female  Thor. Thor is an iconic character that many of us grew up on so its quite reasonable for someone to feel uncomfortable about something we identify with

Why not create a new female character similar to Thor instead of changing the original?

And before someone points it out .." no this isn't the same as a suggestion that people who want more inclusivity in games should create there own games" :) 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"do you feel that there is a covert and  orchestrated campaign from some circles to attack and discriminate against white males in modern society"

\Yes. If you think otherwise you are insane and aren't even paying attention to your very own rhetoric.

\"What's wrong with black Annie?"\

Niothing wrong with a black Annie. In fact, the new movie looks like it can be fun. The problem here is the reason why a black Annie was chosen? Was it chosen because the actress/actors  would work or was it to push some sort of agenda? Then again, it's a remake, so most people will hate on it just because.  Not me though. Looks solid.

"Why not create a new female character similar to Thor instead of changing the original?"

Yup. True for lots of stuff. Like the idea there should be a black version of Bond. Why can't there just be a movie series started about a black spy? Heck, aren't there movies with exactly that? Why Bond? It's pure pure PC anti white agenda. I even like the idea of the black actor to play him. He's pretty good but why not just have him start his own spy franchise....

\

\I know why. SJWs are evil bigoted, hateful garbage. I still have yet to receive an explanation why Bruce feels its okay for him to mansplain to my neice why she isn't allowed to play a game she enjoys. It's been like a month now. L0L

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

An honest mistake, but a pretty amusing one. :)

I'll admit to having a hard time understanding Dutch. Of course, as an American I'm under the assumption if you yell in English loud enough anyone can understand you.

And most of us would prefer if you would stop yelling, it makes you harder to understand. :p