Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

My theory is this, and I'm just some schlubby, basement apartment dwelling, Dorito Greek salad encrusted, neckbeard ****lord, is that all we, the reasonable GG supporters, need to do is stay strong, stay positive, refrain from engaging in the harrassment/doxxing/etc the opposition engages in (there will always be outliers, nothing can be done about that beyond denouncing and policing to the best of our ability), and continue the battle, no matter the cost, no matter how long it takes.  In the end, the extremist zealots will always continue to shed their misguided moderate supporters the longer the conflict continues, continue to alienate the undecideds, and continue to burn bridges.  The media smoke screen will only continue for so long.  They'll keep supporting the corrupt scumbag radical far-left core as long as they feel there is still any chance of winning, as they have a stake in this.  

See, the thing is, media corruption and SJW infiltration goes far beyond just video games media, it's present in all media journalism, and, dare I say, all media in general.  While the mainstream media doesn't give 2 ****s about what happens to video games media, if GamerGate succeeds it sets a precedent.  SJW scumbags have rolled over individuals and corporations for years and years.  I didn't reply in time (too far back now), but I found it funny when Bruce tried to dispute that excluding prostitutes from GTA would start down a slippery slope.  We're not starting down a slippery slope, we're already a good way down the slippery slope.  Myself and the other GG supporters (the rational ones, anyway) aren't trying to stop us from beginning down a slippery slope, we're putting our hands and feet out full force in an effort to stop, or at least slow, our slide down it.  I personally (and this is just my personal belief, don't attribute this to GG as a whole) believe the totalitarian state is inevitable (Sucks, I know), we're already way too far down that path to prevent it fully (congratulations Bruce, it may not happen in your lifetime, but your Fascist "Utopia" will happen.  Rejoice!), but that's not going to stop people like me from doing their best to delay that as much as possible.  Bruce's hilarious assertion "we only want to remove female prostitutes, nothing more, that's it" made me both want to throw up and laugh.  As if I hadn't seen that bull**** argument before, literally hundreds of times.  Oh, only make this one little concession, that's it, nothing more.  What difference will it make?  6 months later.  Only make this one concession, what difference will it make?  Maybe I'm being melodramatic and pulling **** out of my ass, or maybe history is littered with these exact kinds of "little concessions" on the road to totalitarianism.  But it's only video games, who cares?  Today video games, tomorrow a dress code, next year religious rights, the year after history books are rewritten.  The year after all opposing history books are erased/burned.

Ahem, sorry, I got off on a tangent.  Apologies.  Anyway, as I was saying, SJWs will continue on their present form of attack, that is, belittling, harassing, and shaming.  The thing is, that tactic has proven, time and again, to be ineffective against us gamers, sling your mud, we don't care, but they'll keep doing it because there is no other option.  SJWs are so convinced they're right, they're righteous,and they're better than everybody else that they cannot allow the thought that their tactics are faulty to enter their minds, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.  Since, in their minds, they are better than everybody else, their tactics cannot possibly be faulty, thus the only recourse is to double down on and get more aggressive with the same tactics.  While more aggressive versions of the same tactics may break a few of the weaker spirited members of the GG resistance, if we hold strong and stay the course, it will ultimately have little effect on us, but it will increase the likelihood of them shedding moderates (appauled by the tactics and exposed to the reality of the people they support) and burning bridges.  It's only a matter of time as long as we stay the course, stay positive, and not allow ourselves to be brought down by the feces being hurled at us.  Over time, the SJWs will continue to get more and more radical in their approach, shed more and more moderates, alienate their neutral supporters, and burn bridges, until nothing but the rotten evil core extremists remain.  At some point, the mainstream media, sensing the battle lost, will turn against them and denounce them in a last ditch effort to win back some of the people they've alienated.  When that happens, the SJW extremists will lash out at them, labeling them as traitors (ironically, a very fitting label), which will only cause the mainstream media to denounce them more, perpetuating the vicious cycle of self-destruction.

What I'm saying is, it's only a matter of time.  As long as we hold strong, we cannot lose.  They'll sling more mud at us.  So what?  I've got so much mud on me any more hardly matters.  They'll get mainstream media to print some more hit pieces.  So what?  We've been the targets of over a dozen hit pieces already, what are a dozen more going to change?  Stay strong.  Stay positive.  Keep the charitable efforts going (and not for publicity, but because it's the right thing to do, no mainstream outlet will cover it anyway right now).  As long as we don't give in, the SJWs will sabotage themselves.  Their elitist egos will make sure of it.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Keyrock, you've touched mah feelz.

I've been called worse than ISIS, a rapist, and deserving of extermination. At this point, I don't think any slander can affect me at all anymore. I think I'm going to throw the money I was going to spend on Legends of Grimrock 2 at a charity because my backlog is ****ing huge and I'm sure they could use that money more than me.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oh and lookie here:

z67LEJt.png

The woman who anti-gg goons tried to run out of the industry(whose game we and TB helped get greenlight) claims she was bribed to denounce gamergate in exchange for coverage.

And since I've decided to kick some money to charity, I decided I would throw some here: http://www.feedingamerica.org/

Feel free to insult me for being American-centric or whatever.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm not going to insult you for being American-centric, I'm going to insult you for feeding a country with massive obesity problems. Stop enabling them!

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My theory is this, and I'm just some schlubby, basement apartment dwelling, Dorito Greek salad encrusted, neckbeard ****lord, is that all we, the reasonable GG supporters, need to do is stay strong, stay positive, refrain from engaging in the harrassment/doxxing/etc the opposition engages in (there will always be outliers, nothing can be done about that beyond denouncing and policing to the best of our ability), and continue the battle, no matter the cost, no matter how long it takes.  In the end, the extremist zealots will always continue to shed their misguided moderate supporters the longer the conflict continues, continue to alienate the undecideds, and continue to burn bridges.  The media smoke screen will only continue for so long.  They'll keep supporting the corrupt scumbag radical far-left core as long as they feel there is still any chance of winning, as they have a stake in this.  

See, the thing is, media corruption and SJW infiltration goes far beyond just video games media, it's present in all media journalism, and, dare I say, all media in general.  While the mainstream media doesn't give 2 ****s about what happens to video games media, if GamerGate succeeds it sets a precedent.  SJW scumbags have rolled over individuals and corporations for years and years.  I didn't reply in time (too far back now), but I found it funny when Bruce tried to dispute that excluding prostitutes from GTA would start down a slippery slope.  We're not starting down a slippery slope, we're already a good way down the slippery slope.  Myself and the other GG supporters (the rational ones, anyway) aren't trying to stop us from beginning down a slippery slope, we're putting our hands and feet out full force in an effort to stop, or at least slow, our slide down it.  I personally (and this is just my personal belief, don't attribute this to GG as a whole) believe the totalitarian state is inevitable (Sucks, I know), we're already way too far down that path to prevent it fully (congratulations Bruce, it may not happen in your lifetime, but your Fascist "Utopia" will happen.  Rejoice!), but that's not going to stop people like me from doing their best to delay that as much as possible.  Bruce's hilarious assertion "we only want to remove female prostitutes, nothing more, that's it" made me both want to throw up and laugh.  As if I hadn't seen that bull**** argument before, literally hundreds of times.  Oh, only make this one little concession, that's it, nothing more.  What difference will it make?  6 months later.  Only make this one concession, what difference will it make?  Maybe I'm being melodramatic and pulling **** out of my ass, or maybe history is littered with these exact kinds of "little concessions" on the road to totalitarianism.  But it's only video games, who cares?  Today video games, tomorrow a dress code, next year religious rights, the year after history books are rewritten.  The year after all opposing history books are erased/burned.

Ahem, sorry, I got off on a tangent.  Apologies.  Anyway, as I was saying, SJWs will continue on their present form of attack, that is, belittling, harassing, and shaming.  The thing is, that tactic has proven, time and again, to be ineffective against us gamers, sling your mud, we don't care, but they'll keep doing it because there is no other option.  SJWs are so convinced they're right, they're righteous,and they're better than everybody else that they cannot allow the thought that their tactics are faulty to enter their minds, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.  Since, in their minds, they are better than everybody else, their tactics cannot possibly be faulty, thus the only recourse is to double down on and get more aggressive with the same tactics.  While more aggressive versions of the same tactics may break a few of the weaker spirited members of the GG resistance, if we hold strong and stay the course, it will ultimately have little effect on us, but it will increase the likelihood of them shedding moderates (appauled by the tactics and exposed to the reality of the people they support) and burning bridges.  It's only a matter of time as long as we stay the course, stay positive, and not allow ourselves to be brought down by the feces being hurled at us.  Over time, the SJWs will continue to get more and more radical in their approach, shed more and more moderates, alienate their neutral supporters, and burn bridges, until nothing but the rotten evil core extremists remain.  At some point, the mainstream media, sensing the battle lost, will turn against them and denounce them in a last ditch effort to win back some of the people they've alienated.  When that happens, the SJW extremists will lash out at them, labeling them as traitors (ironically, a very fitting label), which will only cause the mainstream media to denounce them more, perpetuating the vicious cycle of self-destruction.

What I'm saying is, it's only a matter of time.  As long as we hold strong, we cannot lose.  They'll sling more mud at us.  So what?  I've got so much mud on me any more hardly matters.  They'll get mainstream media to print some more hit pieces.  So what?  We've been the targets of over a dozen hit pieces already, what are a dozen more going to change?  Stay strong.  Stay positive.  Keep the charitable efforts going (and not for publicity, but because it's the right thing to do, no mainstream outlet will cover it anyway right now).  As long as we don't give in, the SJWs will sabotage themselves.  Their elitist egos will make sure of it.

I enjoyed this post, some people may see this as a  rant or someone venting around inevitable change that is coming to the gaming industry. But I see this rather as a honest assessment from someone about the gaming industry and who doesn't want to be seen as malicious but is genuinely concerned about the future.

But you mustn't  be worried Keyrock. I will repeat something's I have said in the past and hopefully this will alleviate your concern

Firstly SJW aren't some monolithic and united organisation. There are radical elements within the movement and even though  those are very vociferous voices I don't believe they are the majority. I would consider radical feminists in this group. So you shouldn't judge all SJW in the same way. This is an important point, you guys do throw around terms like " these SJW "  fairly regularly as if  we all have the same motives and objectives

So lets talk GTA5 because that is the example you used, Lets say that Rockstar removes hookers from future games, how is this going to impact your gaming experience? Seriously ....I want to know? The reality is it won't because the implementation of hookers is such a small, but controversial, part of the game. Now if Rockstar also then decided that they would remove from there games any women because they bowed to some pressures that said "  the killing of women is misogynistic "  I would also object and say this is ridiculous. Because men and women get equally killed in games like GTA. This would be unacceptable censorship. But going back to the whole hooker incident you notice that there are no male hookers in the game so the whole issue of hookers in GTA is an unrealistic view of the sex industry and that's what I am objecting to.

You also cannot say the gaming industry is on some slippery slope because unless we see all these perceived changes that are fundamentally changing our games I see this as rhetoric.

So let me ask you and anyone else a simple question, can you give me 3 examples of where the SJ agenda has changed and diluted  your gaming experience?

Because all I see is loads of debate and issues been raised but games are still the same. Of course we see positive and accepted changes like Bioware and its inclusivity programs but this was driven from Bioware and is seen from most people as progressive.  So what has changed in your view that is negative that is due to SJW?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"I’m a nonviolent person."

What a liar.

At least I don't worry abotu being doxxed since I've doxxed myself. LMAO

"Firstly SJW aren't some monolithic and united organisation. There are radical elements within the movement and even though  those are very vociferous voices I don't believe they are the majority. I would consider radical feminists in this group. So you shouldn't judge all SJW in the same way. This is an important point, you guys do throw around terms like " these SJW "  fairly regularly as if  we all have the same motives and objectives"

\

Hypocrisy. I'd say I'm shocked but it's Bruce so I'm not. All SJWs are hypocrites.

"Lets say that Rockstar removes hookers from future games, how is this going to impact your gaming experience? Seriously ....I want to know?"

A lot and I don't even play GTA. Wanna know why? Because it's only the start.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. When this entire GG mess started the claim by you SJWs was that 'nobody was gonna take your games away' and that you just wanted 'more variety'. Guess what? The whole end game is to take all games away except the ones SJWs approve of. That's sick and evil. that nazi behaviour. SJWs are all about power and control. DISGUSTING.

"So let me ask you and anyone else a simple question, can you give me 3 examples of where the SJ agenda has changed and diluted  your gaming experience?"

They are trying to murder my zombie corpse. That has completely changed my gaming experience. I have to be worried these pyschopaths will actually follow throw and murder me. That's pretty life changing.

"I would also object and say this is ridiculous. Because men and women get equally killed in games like GTA. This would be unacceptable censorship. But going back to the whole hooker incident you notice that there are no male hookers in the game so the whole issue of hookers in GTA is an unrealistic view of the sex industry and that's what I am objecting to."

Your whole argument is pathetically weak. Instead of you pushing for them to remove female hookers you should be pushing for them to add male hookers. But, this is just a smokescreen for you defending such an evil nazi policy.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I’m a nonviolent person."

What a liar.

At least I don't worry abotu being doxxed since I've doxxed myself. LMAO

"Firstly SJW aren't some monolithic and united organisation. There are radical elements within the movement and even though  those are very vociferous voices I don't believe they are the majority. I would consider radical feminists in this group. So you shouldn't judge all SJW in the same way. This is an important point, you guys do throw around terms like " these SJW "  fairly regularly as if  we all have the same motives and objectives"

\

Hypocrisy. I'd say I'm shocked but it's Bruce so I'm not. All SJWs are hypocrites.

"Lets say that Rockstar removes hookers from future games, how is this going to impact your gaming experience? Seriously ....I want to know?"

A lot and I don't even play GTA. Wanna know why? Because it's only the start.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. When this entire GG mess started the claim by you SJWs was that 'nobody was gonna take your games away' and that you just wanted 'more variety'. Guess what? The whole end game is to take all games away except the ones SJWs approve of. That's sick and evil. that nazi behaviour. SJWs are all about power and control. DISGUSTING.

"So let me ask you and anyone else a simple question, can you give me 3 examples of where the SJ agenda has changed and diluted  your gaming experience?"

They are trying to murder my zombie corpse. That has completely changed my gaming experience. I have to be worried these pyschopaths will actually follow throw and murder me. That's pretty life changing.

"I would also object and say this is ridiculous. Because men and women get equally killed in games like GTA. This would be unacceptable censorship. But going back to the whole hooker incident you notice that there are no male hookers in the game so the whole issue of hookers in GTA is an unrealistic view of the sex industry and that's what I am objecting to."

Your whole argument is pathetically weak. Instead of you pushing for them to remove female hookers you should be pushing for them to add male hookers. But, this is just a smokescreen for you defending such an evil nazi policy.

Yeah its what I thought, I ask you to  give me just 3 examples of how the SJ agenda has changed your gaming experience and you can't? It says something for this accusation that SJW are changing the gaming landscape

I hope other people can give me examples of all this real "  change "  that SJW expect ...or rather concrete examples of how this change has been implemented :ermm:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Typical.

Yet you still haven't watched/commented on those 3 videos with female GGers.  Keep manspeaking for the ladies. :)

As an aside, with the anti GTA5 get their way the person they hurt is my niece. She loves that game. For being so pro female, Bruce, you and your cronies sure love to target, hurt, harass, and attack women. WHY!?!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Typical.

Yet you still haven't watched/commented on those 3 videos with female GGers.  Keep manspeaking for the ladies. :)

As an aside, with the anti GTA5 get their way the person they hurt is my niece. She loves that game. For being so pro female, Bruce, you and your cronies sure love to target, hurt, harass, and attack women. WHY!?!

Volo can you post those video links and I'll watch them, I'm not sure what links you are referring to ?

I'm sorry your niece was hurt, what happened?

John Milton 

I have a way that the SJ agenda has changed the landscape. Less minority characters.

I really  expected you to respond in a more informative way TN....you are normally excellent at providing details and lengthy posts  ?

I am looking for just 3 examples where a SJ agenda has negatively  impacted your gaming experience, so for example do you refuse to play Bioware games because of there recognition of gay Romance as you find it morally reprehensible  ( this is an example but could really be applicable for some )

John Milton 

No, I support BioWare's attempts at inclusivity and I also respect their right to make that content (although Bioware's manner of making a characters sexuality only matter to the person playing the game and not as a part of that character's life and personal experience is problematic to say the least and sends a message that a person only matters if they have a sexuality you can use).

I've discussed the matter of unfair judgement towards minority characters (a white character can have flaws and he's well-written, a minority isn't perfect and it represents that minority and will get crushed by the press) in depth a ton of times in these threads so I have no desire to do so again nor be held to an arbitrary number, but here's a story from my own experience.

When I was interning at a company that made awful shovelware games. This game was released but I'm pretty sure nobody even played it. I had a bar scene to populate with characters and a certain amount of props and customizable character bodies (ripped from the company's other games because they worked no-budget) to do this with. Now this was a WW2 wargame based on some B-movie war license, and it didn't have any female representation. This was the only place with civilian characters instead of officers, so at the center table, I put two women in poses as if they were speaking to each other. A sneaky way to have the game pass the Blechdel test, so to speak, since it was literally the only way I as an intern could change anything. Of course, it was a bar and the table props had bottles on them. Our PR guy flipped a lid when he saw it, since I had put "alcoholic women" as a "centerpiece" of this scene and if it remained this way, we were going to get our asses kicked, so I was forced to remove them and to be safe, not add any women in this single scene with civilians. The game came out with no women in it at all, because that would be safer than adding two women in the background.

Contrast and compare to pretty much all games with strong female leads such as Tomb Raider and Bayonetta (written / designed and produced by women respectively) getting their butts kicked by feminist media when almost no games get attacked for having no female characters at all (there was the last Assassin's Creed, I guess, but that one makes no sense to me since there WAS an Assassin's Creed game with a female lead - I guess nobody noticed because she was boring and had no character flaws). There is a culture of fear when it comes to adding minority representation. Game developers by and large want to make games with more diverse casts. It's not coming from the game developers, the supposed "boys club". It's coming from moral authoritarian responses to games that project their own sexism and racism onto these games.

1441810-image__6446_.jpg

Why do you think this is? Do you think game artists all want to design the same character? No, it's because (and ironically, people have taken offense to it) these things are designed by commitee to be as non-offensive as possible. They are all white men because they are terrified of getting their careers handed to them on a silver platter for making a minority character that, god forbid, people don't like. Hell, even the men are limited. I'm sure one of these guys must have had blonde hair during development, and you can bet your ass the focus group made a huge stink about him being an aryan ubermensch ideal and that's racist.

I've talked to a huge amount of developers who are concerned about the same thing. You cannot write real characters and have narrative diversity if you use minority characters because you will get slaughtered out there, which is why the amount of female and minority leads has dwindled over the years (that, and the fact that nobody seems to buy them, poor poor Beyond Good & Evil 2, still waiting for you Jade, but with Ubisoft's track record lately...).

(Note: This was my first internship at a game dev, and it's probably relevant to say that within the first three weeks of me being there I was explained by the CEO what to look for in reviews for mobile games to tell whether they're real or bought. *shrug*)

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 4

No, I support BioWare's attempts at inclusivity and I also respect their right to make that content (although Bioware's manner of making a characters sexuality only matter to the person playing the game and not as a part of that character's life and personal experience is problematic to say the least and sends a message that a person only matters if they have a sexuality you can use).

I've discussed the matter of unfair judgement towards minority characters (a white character can have flaws and he's well-written, a minority isn't perfect and it represents that minority and will get crushed by the press) in depth a ton of times in these threads so I have no desire to do so again nor be held to an arbitrary number, but here's a story from my own experience.

When I was interning at a company that made awful shovelware games. This game was released but I'm pretty sure nobody even played it. I had a bar scene to populate with characters and a certain amount of props and customizable character bodies (ripped from the company's other games because they worked no-budget) to do this with. Now this was a WW2 wargame based on some B-movie war license, and it didn't have any female representation. This was the only place with civilian characters instead of officers, so at the center table, I put two women in poses as if they were speaking to each other. A sneaky way to have the game pass the Blechdel test, so to speak, since it was literally the only way I as an intern could change anything. Of course, it was a bar and the table props had bottles on them. Our PR guy flipped a lid when he saw it, since I had put "alcoholic women" as a "centerpiece" of this scene and if it remained this way, we were going to get our asses kicked, so I was forced to remove them and to be safe, not add any women in this single scene with civilians. The game came out with no women in it at all, because that would be safer than adding two women in the background.

Contrast and compare to pretty much all games with strong female leads such as Tomb Raider and Bayonetta getting their butts kicked by feminist media when almost no games get attacked for having no female characters at all (there was the last Assassin's Creed, I guess, but that one makes no sense to me since there WAS an Assassin's Creed game with a female lead - I guess nobody noticed because she was boring and had no character flaws). There is a culture of fear when it comes to adding minority representation. Game developers by and large want to make games with more diverse casts. It's not coming from the game developers, the supposed "boys club". It's coming from moral authoritarian responses to games that project their own sexism and racism onto these games.

Why do you think this is? Do you think game artists all want to design the same character? No, it's because (and ironically, people have taken offense to it) these things are designed by commitee to be as non-offensive as possible. They are all white men because they are terrified of getting their careers handed to them on a silver platter for making a minority character that, god forbid, people don't like. Hell, even the men are limited. I'm sure one of these guys must have had blonde hair during development, and you can bet your ass the focus group made a huge stink about him being an aryan ubermensch ideal and that's racist.

I've talked to a huge amount of developers who are concerned about the same thing. You cannot write real characters and have narrative diversity if you use minority characters because you will get slaughtered out there, which is why the amount of female and minority leads has dwindled over the years (that, and the fact that nobody seems to buy them, poor poor Beyond Good & Evil 2, still waiting for you Jade, but with Ubisoft's track record lately...).

(Note: This was my first internship at a game dev, and it's probably relevant to say that within the first three weeks of me being there I was explained by the CEO what to look for in reviews for mobile games to tell whether they're real or bought. *shrug*)

This is a very interesting and relevant post

I have never really thought about it like that, so you saying there is so much pressure on developers to write the " correct socially acceptable " minority  character that's it easier to not create any. So is the criticism that bad around minority characters that people feel aren't done correctly ?

This would be a major problem if it was widespread because then you are right and certain SJ initiatives and people are not helping with transformation

John Milton 

I can't say how bad it is because most forms never make it to the shelves due to focus groups, but take from my example what you will. This was tiny shovelware company for mobile games that consisted out of five actual employees and fifteen unpaid interns. If it was that big a deal for them, I can't imagine what the pressure on an AAA company is. I'm pretty sure it's why Ubisoft consistently just makes **** up when faced with criticism. Bwahaha, female characters are harder to animate. :lol: There is literally no difference between neutral male and female mocap.

The irony here is that I still consider myself someone who wants social justice and minority representation despite claims that I'm not. Most of the reasons I support #GamerGate are because of my "SJW-hood" and because #GamerGate is against those who in my experience harm inclusivity more than promote it (Feminist Frequency being the chief offender at this point). I have mentioned before (about a dozen threads previous) but what got me looking into #GamerGate more deeply was the part where my girlfriend tweeted this picture:

ulvXzfonUimKhRP-556x313-noPad.jpg

And was subsequently harassed and assaulted for "supporting a misogynist hate movement" when she wasn't even aware of the controversy at the time. If your response to a simple picture that has nothing on it that is objectionable is so violent then there is no way that you're the good guy. So yeah, I started supporting #GamerGate because I was white knighting. Go figure.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

ulvXzfonUimKhRP-556x313-noPad.jpg

And was subsequently harassed and assaulted for "supporting a misogynist hate movement" when she wasn't even aware of the controversy at the time. If your response to a simple picture that has nothing on it that is objectionable is so violent then there is no way that you're the good guy. So yeah, I started supporting #GamerGate because I was white knighting. Go figure.

GamerGhazi had a thread a couple days ago, highest voted, saying GamerGate supporters should be required to watch this video:

I had expected some empty joke that drew zero parallels between GamerGate and the video to the extent that I could make it "Anti-GG supporters should be required to watch this video" and it'd carry identical weight," but what really got me puzzled was the fact that if you truly wish to read too much into that video....shouldn't anti-GG be freaked out they might be the bad guys considering a large portion of GG supporters are now running around with heart icons as their twitter pics...?

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Ha ironic that the social justice fascists who support Nazism, genocide, censorship, dehumanisation and parrot Goerring's "Listen and Belive" mantra, should use such a clip against Gamergate. I would more equate Gamergate with the mob bearing down on them, from many countries, of both genders, of the common people and of many beliefs. While the SJFs are predominantly white, middle to upper class, and spit upon the majority as inhumans.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

1441810-image__6446_.jpg

As someone with blond hair I now feel unrepresented.

We've all been complaining about this for the longest time though haven't we? And it's not just their looks that are middling and boring, their personalities are also predictable and fairly much written in stone. Joker, but serious about family, childish squeeing sense of humour, but serious about anything politically incorrect, and almost always as intellectually bankrupt as your average SJF. They're written by commitee and dull as dishwater.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

We've all been complaining about this for the longest time though haven't we?

Yes we have. In fact most people are pro innovation and diversity. Most people want to see different protagonists and games that have more than violence.

Just not pro censorship rhetoric. And it is censorship rhetoric even if it's not being pushed through laws but instead through intimidation by people who increasingly have the power to brand someone a bigot and destroy their public reputation. Not pro hating on existing content and deciding that grown up people are children and the entire entertainment world needs to act like a good parent.

• Like 1

Contrast and compare to pretty much all games with strong female leads such as Tomb Raider and Bayonetta getting their butts kicked by feminist media when almost no games get attacked for having no female characters at all (there was the last Assassin's Creed, I guess, but that one makes no sense to me since there WAS an Assassin's Creed game with a female lead - I guess nobody noticed because she was boring and had no character flaws). There is a culture of fear when it comes to adding minority representation. Game developers by and large want to make games with more diverse casts. It's not coming from the game developers, the supposed "boys club". It's coming from moral authoritarian responses to games that project their own sexism and racism onto these games.

This is a very interesting and relevant post

I have never really thought about it like that, so you saying there is so much pressure on developers to write the " correct socially acceptable " minority  character that's it easier to not create any. So is the criticism that bad around minority characters that people feel aren't done correctly ?

This would be a major problem if it was widespread because then you are right and certain SJ initiatives and people are not helping with transformation

You're learning, young padawan. Remember that AAA-studios are risk aversive by nature; now what kind of characters in our society are accepted to be faulty, or more important: simply human? I recommend reading the Galbrush-scenario in the earlier thread.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That first comment :lol:

//Edit: Wait, what? That #metalgate wasn't a joke? Oh well, they will not last long. Just wait until Rob Halford tells these people to go **** themselves or that Varg goes on burning down some publishing offices or throwing dismembered animal carcuses at these 'protests'.

Seriously, metal has always been anti-conformity, rebellious and anti-authoritarian to its core. It is not a hug-box, it is not about feeling warm and fuzzy, it simply sees society as it is and wants no part of it. Either you play metal or you do not. These people do not with their 'ironic' Burzum t-shirts. 

Bah, i should read my own signature more (last quote), i'll leave with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6pVhFa4-Pc

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah, these folks have a better chance of catching and taming a live dragon than getting metal heads to conform, tone down their lyrics, etc. When it comes to musical tastes... Metal heads are the most conservative music fans I know. They like what they like and that is it. It won't change.

May as well fight with a stop sign. The outcome will be the same.

I am not knocking metal heads either as I am a bit of one myself.

• Like 1

There's more.

BUkQkUI.jpg

This may also be of interest to any comics people or anyone concerned with censorship.

• Like 2