So I had no idea this was a thing. I just barely got into wasteland 2 and am down right addicted to that game now. I was looking for guide online I find there's this game. Now I have complained for years that RPGs went wrong somewhere 10-15 years ago. To see that top down style, the wordy text you have to actually read, party mechanics just pop up on youtube in a nearly complete game, I am drooling. I spent almost an hour watching the videos. 

I went back in my email and I remember donating to an rpg project a long time ago that was like this and turns out it was this. So I'm glad my 6 bucks looks like it was well spent. Can't wait to drop 50 bones a new rpg. It could suck that wont stop me. I'm a stubborn man. I'm playing this bad boy cover to back and I'm gonna like it. 

When is the release date? where are all these videos of people playing the game coming from? Can I help somehow? 

I'm sorry if you get posts like this every day. 

• Like 7

Welcome, love your excitement. :)

Most of the videos are probably from those playing the backer-beta - people who pledged enough during the Kickstarter period to be in a tier where backer-beta was one of the rewards. I've only played it a tiny bit myself, since I don't want to spoil too much until release.

Release date at this point, last I knew/noticed, will be in "early 2015."

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68878-pillars-of-eternity-early-2015-beta-feedback-and-game-polish/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

March 2015 has been bandied around a bit, coz of a few PoE release dates announced on other sites.

As for the videos, a word of warning - many of them are about faultfinding in the BB. If you want a relaxed playthrough, watch Shevek's as of late:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/69644-bb-v364-playthrough/

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

If you are interested in playing the beta, you cannot buy a key anymore, but a backer can buy one for you.

The backer beta is spoiler free, coming from a mid-early point of the game and does not feature the main quest or any major characters-companions.

Release date is not yet specified but has been announced as early 2015. And yes, we are as excited for the game as you are !

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

And yes, we are as excited for the game as you are !

I wasnt, until now that he says good word about Wasteland 2, which is probably a similar project in essence to Eternity:

I just barely got into wasteland 2 and am down right addicted to that game now.

Ah is good.

I was rather skeptical about Eternity. I do hope its rather good.

I'm sorry if you get posts like this every day. 

We will worry about that ourselves, you dont need to depend upon our opinion to decide whether to post something or not.

Edited by Sheikh

So I had no idea this was a thing. I just barely got into wasteland 2 and am down right addicted to that game now. I was looking for guide online I find there's this game. Now I have complained for years that RPGs went wrong somewhere 10-15 years ago. To see that top down style, the wordy text you have to actually read, party mechanics just pop up on youtube in a nearly complete game, I am drooling.

Now we move in for the upsell...

https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/

• Like 2

The backer beta is spoiler free, coming from a mid-early point of the game and does not feature the main quest or any major characters-companions.

Yeah, I know there's no spoilers per se, but what I personally mean is I don't want to feel like I'm familiar with the game before I play the full game, if that makes sense. It's not just about plot/npc reveals - I like the sense of new-game discovery to be a more total experience the first time I play.

But I do like to take a peek in and see how the graphics/UI etc. look, from time to time. :)

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I know there's no spoilers per se, but what I personally mean is I don't want to feel like I'm familiar with the game before I play the full game, if that makes sense. It's not just about plot/npc reveals - I like the sense of new-game discovery to be a more total experience the first time I play.

But I do like to take a peek in and see how the graphics/UI etc. look, from time to time. :)

I can concur with your feelings of not wanting to watch many videos. I want to be surprised when the game is released. I have been avoiding them as well.