US tortures

Darkpriest

Meh. Not like this was really a big reveal to those of us who go to the movies, read spy novels, or watch television.

Or play Obsidian video games.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Oh wow. The government lied about something it was doing. I'm shocked.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Re: #8.

Good. That scum known as Khalid Shiekh Mohammed was directly responsible for the murder of 3,000 Americans.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Re: #8.

Good. That scum known as Khalid Shiekh Mohammed was directly responsible for the murder of 3,000 Americans.

There is no evidence of this. But regardless of whether he was guilty of such a thing or not:

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

and...

Anyone who defends this barbarism is scum.

and, if they happen to be working for the U.S. Federal government they should be fired/impeached and if in a part of the executive very likely tried for crimes associated with violating the 8th amendment with a likelihood of others as well.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 7

I mean, at least don't be hypocrits... US condemns such acts in China and other places while being no better, but what to expect from gov that kisses ass to Saudi family, which is known for oppression to sexual minorities other religions and women in their country... double standards for everything, as long as it is convinient for the US government they can ally themselves with the devil himself and do things they openly condemn themselves... that's what's the most funny about it

• Like 2

I mean, at least don't be hypocrits... US condemns such acts in China and other places while being no better, but what to expect from gov that kisses ass to Saudi family, which is known for oppression to sexual minorities other religions and women in their country... double standards for everything, as long as it is convinient for the US government they can ally themselves with the devil himself and do things they openly condemn themselves... that's what's the most funny about it

It's anything but funny, and if you think this stuff is limited to the U.S. government you're naive. In fact, if your government is a part of NATO, chances are that they directly supported some of this evil, and definitely indirectly did if not directly. Other nations outside of NATO were (and I'm sure still are) complicit in these evils as well, notably China (since you mentioned them) for one.

Edited by Valsuelm

I hate the CIA. I wish we would just get rid of it.

Yep....

It definitely needs to go. Easier said than done though.

J.F.K. was seriously talking about doing so, and look what happened to him.

He got shot by a random American commie. 

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I don't understand. When something bad happens like WTC, Boston etc. People demand from government a harsh response. The words "let's nuke the whole middle east" fly around despite most of Americans couldn't point to the middle east on a map.

But now the same people acts as a "moral high ground" when government does exactly what they were asked to do?

Yep....

There's quite a bit more to it than that.

• Like 1

I don't understand. When something bad happens like WTC, Boston etc. People demand from government a harsh response. The words "let's nuke the whole middle east" fly around despite most of Americans couldn't point to the middle east on a map.

But now the same people acts as a "moral high ground" when government does exactly what they were asked to do?

It's rarely the same people...

• Like 1

As Valsuelm said; it's rarely the same people. I know I've been consistent on such matters.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Yep....

There's quite a bit more to it than that.

Sorry, I've been indoctrinated by factual evidence.  Baaa.

A%20-%20Case%20closed.jpg

• Like 1

The intelligence agency that takes its place would be just as bad - well, unless you think a power like the US has no need of a foreign-targeted intelligence agency

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Biggest deal about all of this is how the judgement seems to be that nothing of any consequence was gained through torture that couldn't have been gained through other means. Only the torturers themselves seem think oftherwise. 

I also question of what use these prisoners and their intel are after they have developed psychosis and are living more or less in their own fantasy world to escape their situation. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

What is the most astounding to me is the stupidity of it all. During the Middle Ages people would confess they had flown on a broomstick with Satan while under torture, what made the CIA think their torture would give better results? This so insipid I don't even know where to start. Why would the US employ a policy which seems almost like it is made to be useless and then backfire?

Some people think of the CIA as a serious agency with great know-how in their field. But the architects behind this are amateurs who could not arrange a proper conspiracy even if their own lives depended on it. That is, assuming the point of this entire policy was not from the very start to obtain false testimonies and further cement the role of the US as al Qaedas prime recruitment partner.

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Biggest deal about all of this is how the judgement seems to be that nothing of any consequence was gained through torture that couldn't have been gained through other means. Only the torturers themselves seem think oftherwise. 

I also question of what use these prisoners and their intel are after they have developed psychosis and are living more or less in their own fantasy world to escape their situation.

Well, with Cheney's comments, I suppose it's just moronic management. As for the uses of the prisoners, well I don't imagine they really have much use after everything

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra