[364] Dexterity attribute influence on spell casting

GordonHalfman

Question

If I understand correctly the dexterity attribute action speed bonus should reduce both the start up and recovery of all types of spell casting. I don't think this is working.

Steps:

1. Make a new character, choose the Wizard class and set Dexterity attribute to 5 or some value that gives negative action speed.

2. Learn some of the same spells the BB Wizard has, such as Fireball, observe the BB Wizard has 19 Dex (+27% action speed.)

3. Remove armour from both Wizards so they are both naked.

3. Pause the game in combat and give both Wizards the same spell command, observe the spells are cast at almost the same time.

4. Pause immediately after casting and repeat the command. Observe the recovery bar diminishes at the same speed and the next spell is cast at the same time.

I also tested this by making a 20 dexterity priest and did the same tests against the BB priest who has 12. I get the same results wearing no armour, no influence on casting speed or recovery.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Hello GordonHalfman,

Thank you for your feedback. This issue appears to have been more critical than expected. Some recent changes have caused Dexterity to not properly affect any action that the character takes. We are working hard to have this resolved by the next backer update and I will add this to the known issues list for tracking.

Thanks for your support and please continue to enjoy the backer beta!  :thumbsup:

Nice find, I thought that when picking Dexterity it felt like it did nothing, so I always left it at 10 or dumped it below 10

You might also want to check things that are meant to slow down action speed. I swear that when I use the Cautious Attack modal, it does not slow down my action speed when I toggle it on, but that might just be placebo? 

Edited by Sensuki