Is this a combat bug or just rules are unclear to me?

Gairnulf

I've began a series playthroughs of the BB with different race/class builds to get a feel of the various classes, and while playing a barbarian I encountered the following issue. I haven't posted it as a bug because I'm not sure if it's something known or not, or is it something about the rules. There are two separate issues I found in the same battle:

1. I somehow missed a hit that had an attack roll of 93. What's even more strange is that next time I scored a (critical) hit with a final attack roll result of 97.

2. I tried to switch weapons between swings in order to try out the stiletto against the stone beetle. As you can see on the screenshot, my character swings with the stiletto as if it's a twohanded weapon, and the damage caused by him is of the "crushing" type. What's more, I think I had the recovery time of a stiletto for my attacks :)

Now are these bugs or is there something I don't know?

post-130940-0-31170200-1417911623_thumb.jpg

post-130940-0-31665400-1417911654_thumb.jpg

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

And what about the miss with 93 attack roll? Has this ever happened to anyone against a stone beetle?

Hard to say.  If you tried to change weapons before the attack and the attack went off anyway it could be a bug.  Possible the stone beetle also used some kind of ability or something that just gave it much higher deflection temporarily.

In all honesty they need to fix weapon swaps like Sensuki said it is very buggy.

And what about the miss with 93 attack roll? Has this ever happened to anyone against a stone beetle?

You missed because it's burrowing and cannot be hit. You can blow per-rest spells because of that, the way it works needs to be tweaked - I would point that out in the Bugs forum.

You missed because it's burrowing and cannot be hit. You can blow per-rest spells because of that, the way it works needs to be tweaked - I would point that out in the Bugs forum.

On second look, the beetle really isn't visible on the screenshot with the miss, so it was probably that.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

No pun intended?

• Like 3