Where can we get our hands on a physical collectors edition?

So what are you saying i wont be able to buy pillars of eternity in my local store ? Can we buy physical dvd from web sites like amazon ?

Btw am interested can we play pillars of eternity in multyplayer over internet and or LAN ?

I'm assuming you'll see physical copies of PoE wherever you see copies of newer Paradox games.

Why would Obsidian sign Paradox as publisher/distributor if they only plan for digital sales?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm assuming you'll see physical copies of PoE wherever you see copies of newer Paradox games.

Why would Obsidian sign Paradox as publisher/distributor if they only plan for digital sales?

Paradox has distribution rights and they can probably distribute game as they see best. And for why Obsidian give/sold them to Paradox, dealing with stores (retail or digital) takes man power, because you need someone that can keep up how many keys/copies they have given to any given store and how much money they have got from those and somebody who can check keys that don't work, who can give support for customers who have problems, some one that has time and ability deal with localized issues and so on. So even if Paradox don't sell physical copies deal has saved lot of hassle from Obsidian especially when you count in that Paradox will deal with physical rewards that Obsidian promised for some of their backers.

But usually Paradox sells physical copies of games in their catalog, but I would guess that if they produce physical collector editions or similarly packaged copies to be sold in stores then number of those copies will be quite low and number of stores that will sell them limited, as usually over $100 version don't sell that well especially when we speak products that aren't so well known as those that have much larger marketing budget, which mean that stores don't buy much of them in advance and producing small quantities of physical product will rise price that Paradox needs to pay for them.