Would my pc decently run this (probably) fantastic game?

I'm not a computer expert, but i know that my laptop sucks. So, my question is: will this game run on my pc? Because i really want to preorder the game, so if you say me that i have no choice, i will avoid the preorder:

Processor: AMD Athlontm X2 Dual-Core QL-64 2.10 GHz

Memory: 3,00 GB RAM

Graphic card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series

I don't know if i wrote everything. Also, i usually don't speak english, so forgive me if there are some errors  :rolleyes:

MINIMUM:

Processor: 2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: Model Shader 3 Compatible Video Card, 512 MB or better

Hard Drive: 25 GB

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

Your specs are on the low side and may not necessarily meet the minimum suggested requirements. You can certainly try with what you have but a PC upgrade is probably a good idea.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

AMD Athlontm X2 Dual-Core QL-64 2.10 GHz is 64-bit capable. If you need 4 GB of ram, in addition to buying some ram, you might need to upgrade your OS (to 64-bit, if it isn't already).

Edited by Hormalakh

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

• 3 weeks later...

AMD Athlontm X2 Dual-Core QL-64 2.10 GHz is 64-bit capable. If you need 4 GB of ram, in addition to buying some ram, you might need to upgrade your OS (to 64-bit, if it isn't already).

I wouldn't upgrade to 64-bit OS on his existing hardware because that's going to worsen his position to run the game, not make it better. Windows 7 is fatter, and far more taxing than Windows XP, and it will use more memory, lessening the amount available to the game. Going to the 64 bit version is worse because that increases the memory footprint even further.

Your cheapest option is to go buy 4GB and replace your existing memory and leave it at that. (Defragging your drive and cleaning out spyware is a good idea too.)

Edited by Luridis

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

32bit pcs only run up to 3 gb of memory. win7 is "fatter" but a 64-bit architecture runs this game faster. its how it's coded I believe. dual-threaded etc.

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

My DXdiag:

I wouldn't upgrade to 64-bit OS on his existing hardware because that's going to worsen his position to run the game, not make it better. Windows 7 is fatter, and far more taxing than Windows XP, and it will use more memory, lessening the amount available to the game. Going to the 64 bit version is worse because that increases the memory footprint even further.

Your cheapest option is to go buy 4GB and replace your existing memory and leave it at that. (Defragging your drive and cleaning out spyware is a good idea too.)

This is not true. 32-bit XP won't use the full 4GB. The maximum it can handle is 3.25 GB, of which 2 GB per process.

If P:E turns out to be memory-limited -- which is a big if -- upgrading RAM to 8 GB and the OS to Win 7 or 8 64b will certainly help. Win 7/64 with 4GB RAM will probably not make much difference though.

Or Linux of course.

I think it's most likely that either your rig will run the game fine as it is, or you're looking at a full system upgrade. The good news is that a machine fully capable of running it shouldn't cost all that much these days... and running a Win XP machine in this day and age is not a great idea to start with, so an upgrade has many other benefits as well.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

They improved the amount of memory the game required in v364. I haven't seen it go over about 1.8GB-2GB since then. Before it was a lot higher. Not much optimization has been done on the game so performance will be very much tied to CPU. 3GHz+ definitely recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah - and it's totally not true about the 3 to 4 gb thing that primejunta said. it could be a variety of different things but the only thing i changed about my set up beore and after my change in performance was to reinstall win64 instead of win32.

i have 4 gb of ram.

i havent had a single crash since.

Edited by Hormalakh

My DXdiag:

What PrimeJunta said is mostly true, your crashes were most likely a result of the 2 GB per process limitation on Windows 7 32 bit. From what others have posted, the game does use more than that on occasions. It's possible to increase that limit to 3 GB by using this command in the cmd "bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072", that's how I play RAM tasking CK2 mods, as my laptop's CPU is 32bit.

• 2 months later...

Well, aparently the specs have been raised:

Processor: Intel Core i3-2100T @ 2.50 GHz / AMD Phenom II X3 B73 

Memory: 4 GB RAM 

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 or NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 

Hard Drive: 14 GB available space 

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

I have a similar graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 5145) and 4GB RAM and I wonder if it's still worth giving it a try. Will there be more official information for those who don't meet the offical requirements? Because obviously I don't want to buy the game without knowing whether I can play it or not.