Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

DA:I quintessence

Overall, Bioware have no idea how RPG works. In DA:O you have pretty limited but still decent amount of choices to make and they even had some impact. DAII - only two or three choices in the game and almost none of them mattered anyway due to storyline being linear. DAI - your have no choices at all. They result in some dialogue changes and map missions, which are simply click, wait and grab some ****ty reward.

In both DA:O and DAII you could be a Blood Mage. DA:I - you have no option to even say it's not that bad.

Good quote about usual state of things in DA:I

I love how you can promise not to use the elven well the whole damned mission, repeat over and over you don't trust it and don't want it, tell Morrigan "no" and she defies your orders and runs off after it... and then in the end you MUST choose to either use it yourself or let Morrigan use it. I get that you can only have so many f#$%ng choices in a game but don't let me act out "won't use it" and then force me to use it! That's so annoying and Bioware do this **** ALL THE TIME.

Main villain is a joke - you constantly foil his schemes, blast his entire armies, sabotage agents and butchering his forces without efferot. You advisors constantly whine how dangerous and powerful he is. And throughout the game - NOT A SINGLE retaliation after aquiring Skyhold.  It looks like a parody, but in fact it's just a level of Bioware writing.

The game reeks of MMO. Maybe Bioware started developing their MMO but then their EA overlords ordered them to make it singleplayer...and Skyrim...and appealing to call of duty, console and social justice scum. Because game have huge amount o MMO elements:

HP bloat enemies, resource grinding, huge empty maps, filled ONLY with combat encounters, constantly respawning enemies - and I mean respawning in a MMO fashion - you kill a pack and then another pack respawns from the air right before your eyes, insane amounts of fetch quests, kill 20 goats quests, autistic loot and crafting systems.

The very idea that someone would spend money on this **** is offensive.

Edited by Cultist

MzpydUh.gif

What is strange is you're the leader of the Inquisition and you're out putting your life on the line by doing menial tasks and some important ones as well. Since everyone holds you as such a high regard and view you as a real important person in this war, its unrealistic that you would be out doing these things. That would be reserved for entrusted minions. You would be behind the lines in this war not the front. That's just a beef I have with this game and others.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It actually is worse - table timed missions are the ones that could be actually interesting - uncover double agent, raid X, have a diplomatic talks, expose a traitor, resque captured troopers, force a noble into alliance etc. But Bioware decided that it's too boring, and true to the "never force you players to read or think" showers players with missions like collect 20 elfroots, locate 3 logging camps, collect 20 shards, reach 5 location on a huge map, kill X enemies in this area etc.

Your agents are doing all the interesting work while you, oh mightly messianic Beloved Leader run and burn X piles of decaying corpses(that is actual mission), manually closing Y darkspawn tunnels across the map and killing goats to get 20 goat meats.

There is no non-violent quests like Aplha Protocol had, where you gone and conversed with a contact.

MzpydUh.gif

What is strange is you're the leader of the Inquisition and you're out putting your life on the line by doing menial tasks and some important ones as well. Since everyone holds you as such a high regard and view you as a real important person in this war, its unrealistic that you would be out doing these things. That would be reserved for entrusted minions. You would be behind the lines in this war not the front. That's just a beef I have with this game and others.

They missed such a great opportunity with the war table and keeps... The **** that is the combat would have been worth going trough if they made those two things something other then a minigame.

Not really that impressed with the game so far, it's good but not great, not sure if I will finish it(probably will). Also I missed one adviser at the begging of the game (chose the wrong dialog) and I'm way too deep in to the game to start over and there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the saves or use the console to change it, it's bugging me so much.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

It's inevitable in video games.

"I know the world is about to end any second now, but I have time to rescue this kitten from that tree.  The old lady will reward me with 5 extra credits!"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That's why I like the war table. I get to tell other sods in my organization to handle a lot of that, down to gathering herbs.

Now if only all of it was moved to the table or other delegation systems.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They could have linked the SP with the MP by allowing you to play through some of those war room missions in MP.

And unlike ME3, where the MP (originally) was a part of your "score" for the ideal ending, nothing seemed to matter in DAI so it would have simply been a periphery thing.  It's not like if you chose to ignore the war room missions, it affected your ending anyway.  So tying them to the MP could have been kind of interesting.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There is one thing I don't get, collecting all those hidden beverages, does it do anything? I have a small collection of it in the cellar of Skyhold, but does it serve any purpose?

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I think it's there so you can roleplay your PC as a boozer (or if you yourself are an achievement whore).

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

In regards to romances can you break one off if you have it started, and go start a new one with another? Something like your character gets around so to say.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

That dirt bag Bull. He banged my elven Inquisitor twice, we go to the Emerald Graves for the first time and one of his random comments is give the place back to the damned elves?

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

There is one thing I don't get, collecting all those hidden beverages, does it do anything? I have a small collection of it in the cellar of Skyhold, but does it serve any purpose?

Nothing of it matters. Only shards are worth something and to open the doors you must collect ALL OF THEM. Mosaics and bottles are useless.

MzpydUh.gif

Nothing of it matters. Only shards are worth something and to open the doors you must collect ALL OF THEM. Mosaics and bottles are useless.

Hi Cultist  "waves "  8) 

Where have you been?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Mosaics are bugged, too. A few pieces are unreachable.

I'm kind of proud that I got all but one bottle through normal play. I bet the last one is in that dungeon I skipped.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Have to wonder about how they figure on these encounters you have in the game in regards to battles. After much effort I defeated the Emerald Graves dragon. It was time consuming if anything since that dragon has a lot of XPs. Now I go to the fade rift that is nearby, it has a bunch of despair and shade demons and I keep getting my party wiped out every time I fight them. Level 12-13 party. I have two mages in the party that have fire based staves and I keep switching back and forth between the two to use fire based spells on the despair demons, a fighter and my character a melee rogue. I can get past the first encounter of that fade rift but when the second party materializes I keep getting killed off. Seems to me this particular rift is far more powerful than that dragon I just took care off. :banghead:

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Have to wonder about how they figure on these encounters you have in the game in regards to battles. After much effort I defeated the Emerald Graves dragon. It was time consuming if anything since that dragon has a lot of XPs. Now I go to the fade rift that is nearby, it has a bunch of despair and shade demons and I keep getting my party wiped out every time I fight them. Level 12-13 party. I have two mages in the party that have fire based staves and I keep switching back and forth between the two to use fire based spells on the despair demons, a fighter and my character a melee rogue. I can get past the first encounter of that fade rift but when the second party materializes I keep getting killed off. Seems to me this particular rift is far more powerful than that dragon I just took care off. :banghead:

Try respecializing, follow some power build.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Some builds work better against certain enemies. I find 3+ terrors more difficult than most anything else because of the potential constant knockdowns, it's totally doable but requires different tactics to everything else in my case. That said, have you tried controlling party members you don't normally for this battle? A sword and shield tank won't use shieldwall very well on his own but you can make sure to constantly taunt and block a tough enemy like a rage demon while the others kill it or take out the other weaker demons first, and if you haven't played as a warrior you might be surprised how much more  useful the knockdown attacks actually are when you're using them personally. As a mage you're going to be much more effective with barriers, crowd control and group attacks that don't wipe out your own party and as mentioned, if you dispel the second wave rift enemies before they've teleported in then you never have to fight them. Sorry if that's obvious but I didn't really deviate from direct control of my mage much until late in the game and I was surprised at how much of a difference it made over the tactical cam. If it's something you haven't tried yet it opens up a wide range of stratergies to you. Did you know shieldwall will deflect a dragon's fireball? That would have been so useful for me to know before the second to last dragon.

Edited by Serrano

They could have linked the SP with the MP by allowing you to play through some of those war room missions in MP.

And unlike ME3, where the MP (originally) was a part of your "score" for the ideal ending, nothing seemed to matter in DAI so it would have simply been a periphery thing.  It's not like if you chose to ignore the war room missions, it affected your ending anyway.  So tying them to the MP could have been kind of interesting.

Actually, there's a few war table missions that affect the Orlais ending 

• Like 1

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Finished my Nightmare run. Got bored by the end, and left the Wastes and Lion mostly undone.

Speaking of which, the difficulty on Nightmare ended up being too easy by the end. It's understandable that for a game with so much optional stuff, the latter parts of the game are easier for people who don't want to bother with all that side stuff... on Normal difficulty. I wish it wasn't the same for Nightmare, but apparently it is.

I don't know if I have the patience for a Nightmare run.  Mainly because I don't trust the party AI to do the smart thing in combat, and I don't have the patience to micromanage the entire party for a prolonged combat encounter.