Walking or Running

Osvir

Walk or Run  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should Characters Walk or Run?

• Walk
    • Run

Judging by Sawyer's video, you are still unable to walk, there are only slow/fast modes with default running. It seems that they decided to cut it off completely, which sucks...

Scout-Mode = Walking Dungeon-Lurking/Combat Walking/Readied Stance

I kind of like it. But I still miss the Out of Combat/Exploration "power walking" from the IE games.

Edited by Osvir

If they cut out walking at least I want to see acceleration and deceleration added to running. It looks incredibly stupid to see anyone go from standing still to full run in miliseconds...

This I would consider quite reasonable, really. It's not substitute for walking, mind you. But it'd be nice to see.

t50aJUd.jpg

And also, in combat, this really wouldn't be relevant whatsoever - you'd just move around at the lowest speed, either way. The response time would still be immediate, the movement would just be slower and then progressively faster if you keep moving.

t50aJUd.jpg

I see nothing wrong with having it set as the developers desire, and allow those who wish to change through keybindings, do so, or simply toggle as others have suggested. There are certainly times when I want to talk around and take in the atmosphere more, but that would be difficult to return to permanently.