Achievements and steam workshop?

ctn2003

Seems like this game would benefit greatly from steams workshop as the modding community  for this game seems to be pretty strong even before the game is even out. And it whould create continued support for the game long after its release. As far as i can tell this whound not be to time comsuming to implamanetnt or to costly.   But i could be wrong on that one, do you think poe could use steam workshop? 8)  I do! :wub:

I'm not sure that would be so preferrable, because it creates an additional hurdle for us Non-Steam-Users. If you play some game in a DRM free version, e.g. from GOG, that also exists with Steam Workshop integration, you have to use some pretty elaborate manual workarounds to be able to download mods. And it really depends on the game's design whether you can then integrate those downloaded files into the game at all, because some use a dedicated installer for these Steam Workshop mods.

All in all, I'd definitely prefer some central Mod Database from which Steam and Non-Steam versions alike could up- and download their preferred mods.

• Like 1

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

One of the earlier Kickstarter updates mentioned the Nexus as the central modding hub.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61130-update-16-reward-updates-combat-with-tim-mods-and-the-mega-dungeon-grows/

Mod Support
From Neverwinter Nights 2 to Fallout: New Vegas, we've enjoyed supporting the mod community, and we are continuing that with Project Eternity. It is awesome to see how you extend the worlds we make.

To make getting mods easy, we are excited to announce that our friends at the Nexus will be the official spot to download Project Eternity mods once the game is released. They have been a great host for mods for our past games, and we want to continue the trend with the Project Eternity Nexus. Check out the Nexus Network at www.nexusmods.com.

Our plan is to release our file-format information and expose as much of the data in the game as possible for you to extend and edit. We traditionally do not "hard-code" numbers so that our designers, and you, have the power to easily change and iterate on RPG data. We also plan on releasing localization tools to let communities around the world create localized versions for languages we are not translating Project Eternity into.

As we get more familiar with Unity during production, we will be extending Project Eternity even more for mod makers. Look forward to announcements in the months ahead as we make further progress and can provide you with more information about tools and mod support.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Wonderful :) Thank you Leferd for digging that up :) I hope that is still the current plan, seeing that it was posted two years ago.

The Nexus is going to put something up even if Obsidian said nothing.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.