Druid and Spiritshift Model Size: Aumaua and Orlan

Osvir

Would it be possible to change size of the Spiritshift "avatars" based on Race?

I really only want to address Orlan and Aumaua, and it's a simple question:

Could Orlan Spiritshifts be the smallest? And Aumaua Spiritshifts be the largest? Simply a question of 3D model size.

EDIT: Really, the Aumaua doesn't have to be bothered, it's really only the Orlan I am curious about, if possible and not too time consuming to adjust/modify.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 4

I don't think it's something that's inherently difficult, but it would be time consuming.  Anytime we change a model and the underlying skeleton, it can be tricky to get working properly.  We currently try to adjust the sizes of player-controlled models (and their selection circles) to prevent pathing issues in different environments.  That's why the ranger's bear is relatively small.  A smaller spiritshifted orlan would be less of an issue than a larger spiritshifted aumaua, but it's still out of scope.  Sorry.

• Like 3

Yes it would've :D but that's all it is too, "a nice touch". Similarly, it'd be a "nice touch" if transition doors had no Door Icon (and instead the entire door is an Icon), but that's all it is. It's not "important", it's "aesthetic" that can be abstracted by the Player.

Either I can abstract it myself and pretend the Orlan Spiritshifter is smaller on the screen, or I'll just build an Orlan non-Spiritshifter Druid instead (I still advocate for Druid Paths and Ranger Paths, and I'd love to hear how your talks in the office went Obsidian... this was some 2-3 months ago?). I remember writing a thread about Generalist Druid and Spiritshifter Druids as two separate paths and you'd choose to either build a Spiritshifter or a Generalister, and coincedentally at the time I saw in my twitter feed someone saying "Druid-talks all over the office!" and you had responded "My doing". So I'm curious, how did it go? :p

Thanks for the answer Josh, I didn't know how to answer except "Okay :) I yield" at the time, so I just liked the comment. Not very productive of me, as a "Like" can mean 50'000 different things I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to change size of the Spiritshift "avatars" based on Race?

I really only want to address Orlan and Aumaua, and it's a simple question:

Could Orlan Spiritshifts be the smallest? And Aumaua Spiritshifts be the largest? Simply a question of 3D model size.

EDIT: Really, the Aumaua doesn't have to be bothered, it's really only the Orlan I am curious about, if possible and not too time consuming to adjust/modify.

i wish their was a set scale in the game i wanted to make them bigger on my own but their isent. and i kinda wanted to make the dragnes the size of a planet - my fetish and all lololol