What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Playing some CS:GO.  I miss the racists on voice chat, it is that bad

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Some of these bosses in Shadow of Mordor are difficult because of their strengths/weaknesses.  One guy's only weaknesses were vulnerable to explosions and fear of those caragors or whatever.  Yet he was camped in a section of map that had neither of those things available to me.  I guess I could get him to chase me half across the map, but man ...

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Getting a little bored of building mega-treehouses or bunkers and watching zombies mill around dying on my log spikes, at least for the moment. What to do now....maybe I'll go back to that game called real life for a bit.

Still Dead State, 32 hours in. This game is a lot bigger than I thought it would be (though it's also, similarily to WL2, a bit too slow overall). Having a great time, maybe the surprise of the year for me.

I've looked at that one a few times. Haven't taken the plunge.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wrapped up shooting Nazis in Wolfenstein New Order.

Fairly enjoyable experience, with a few emotional tugs. Although it took me a bit to place Dwight Schultz as the voice of Deathshead.

I think I only missed snagging a handful of collectibles in that playthrough. Pondering on whether it's worthwhile doing a 2nd to check out the other timeline depending on who you save at the start.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Mass Effect 3 is really buggy... especially the AI. team member and enemies get stuck all the time

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I've played 17 hours of Wasteland 2 and it feels like I have only scratched the surface. I haven't even reached Damonta yet. I'm now looking for Radiation Suits to get on with the story.

I also played a few minutes of Zeno Clash 2. I only did the tutorial and the fight in the bar, so it's too early to give any meaningful impressions. 

Finally came across some "timed" missions in Shadow of Mordor.  God, do I ever hate timed missions.

There's one that I can't finish because I have like 2 minutes to rescue 3 slaves, who are far apart on the maps, and have to use Corogors to get to them.  Problem is each slave is guarded by 5 or more enemies who swarm you and you can't dispatch them quickly.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm almost done with Act 1 in Grim Dawn with my BATTLEmage character.  It's going pretty well so far.  I've died twice, falling asleep at the wheel, in a manner of speaking, in both cases, and getting caught out by a sudden spike in enemy resistance.  No excuses, my fault for getting lulled into a false sense of confidence.

I also started playing Infinity Wars, which is a trading card game.  Eventually, they're supposed to add a Linux client for it, as it stands, I didn't break my own rule of not buying games not supported by my current platforms of choice (Linux, Wii U [maybe 3DS next year?]) since the game is F2P, and thus didn't cost me anywhere (I saw a loop hole in my own rule and jumped right through it  :p).  It runs fine under WINE, with the exception of some minor flickering sometimes.  From what I read about the game, it's pretty light on the pay 2 win aspect.  It seems like the stuff you can't get without plopping down dome dollars is mostly, if not all, cosmetic, and I've been getting cards just by playing at a pretty good pace.  Anyway, I'm having a blast playing it so far.  I've been really wanting to play a card battler lately.  It brings me back to my long ago (really really long ago) days of playing Magic The Gathering (in physical form) some 15 or 16 years ago.  If they ever do come through with that Linux client and I continue to like the game, I'll toss them some money.  Until then, I'll keep playing freebie style.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Getting around to playing Dvinity: Original Sin to see what all the hubbub is about. 

Combat is super fun. Art style is meh.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

More Wasteland 2. 20 hours on record. I'm on my way to Prison but my party are getting their behinds handed to them.

Should I visit Rail Nomads first?

Yes.  Rail Nomads is scaled for an immediately post-Ag/Highpool party. 

I've hit the Fighting In Tunnels stretch of my DA:O game. 

• Like 1

Euro Truck Simulator 2. Never thought trucking would be exciting, but it actually is fun and challenging trying to drive that hulking thing. Really realistic when turning your head out and checking for oncoming traffic when making a turn, using the Rift. Messed it up a few times when my trailer got stuck on the intersection with a line of traffic honking, when my turn was too tight. I was staring out at all the lifesize angry cars thinking, good thing this is not real lol.

More Wasteland 2. 20 hours on record. I'm on my way to Prison but my party are getting their behinds handed to them.

Should I visit Rail Nomads first?

Yes.  Rail Nomads is scaled for an immediately post-Ag/Highpool party. 

I've hit the Fighting In Tunnels stretch of my DA:O game. 

Thanks, I was wondering why there was such a difficulty spike where I was.

Kerbal Space Program, rather fun if a bit confusing at first.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished Eye of the Beholder 2, am feeling like something a little more action oriented now, I was thinking of running through the Streets of Rage trilogy but to be honest i'm a little put off by the third installment, it was brutally hard even for my younger, more dextrous hands, to the point where I never completed it. I've heard that the Japanese original Bare Knuckle 3 is far more enjoyable, is this true? And does anybody have any experience of the remake of the series?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I know there's a few Shantae fans here, Anybody play Pirate's Curse? It's probably one of the funnest, and challenging, games I've seen in a while. 

VB82Xwt.gif

I plan to scoop it up for the Wii U very soon.  I'm a huge fan of the series.  :yes:

Edit:  We also get Half-Genie Hero supposedly sometime this year with playable Rottytops!

HGH_rotty_portrait.png

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks