What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

I'm taking the extra time I have this week and next to play more computer games.  I'm going to leave my current WL2 run for later in the month when I'll get back to playing it at night before bed.  I plugged away at a little of the Long Dark, but that I'll basically leave until they release the full game.  So, right now, Legend of Grimrock 2.  Good times in old school style fun!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm playing Heroes of Might & Magic II, then III, then IV, then V, then VI. That should keep my busy for awhile.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm playing Heroes of Might & Magic II, then III, then IV, then V, then VI. That should keep my busy for awhile.

Just a few hours, I'd imagine. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In that order?  Everything after III will be a punch to the stomach.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I played II years ago and loved it. Even though it is dated it's still fun. I played III briefly and like it a lot too. Never did the campaigns but I will this time. I heard it came off the rails in IV but V was good. Opinions vary on VI

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Finished Wasteland 2, started Lords of Xulima. The latter looks very pretty, but the party members have no personalities, the text is rather verbose and the rule system is... not actually described either in the 15-page manual or within the game, at least nowhere near completeness. The skills of each class appear to be revealed one level before they become available so it's hard to make plans. What I assume to be the "to hit" percentage appears to be more or less the same for each class, but they don't seem to hit at the same rates so maybe it means something else.

I picked the Old-School Veteran difficulty, but this appears to mean not only that the fights are harder (which would be OK since the difficulty is reasonable), but also that the characters advance slowly which means one must grind through all of the random enemies to go through the main story. To be fair, the difficulty selection screen warned about this, but I didn't think the leveling would be that slow. Also, it doesn't help that my fighter does an average of 6 damage whereas the rats in the introductory cave do around 10 (seriously? getlost.gif). I think I'm just going to lower the difficulty and see if it is more fun that way.

Yeah, I kind of regret getting Lords of Xulima myself, the fantasy world is boring the heck out of me.

I'd like a rpg that still has forests and lakes and mountains but no magic. And also not set in space or spaceships or aliens in every port or mega apocalyptic futures with mutated creatures etc. Basically I want something more down to earth and maybe even rather mundane in terms of setting/world....not fantastical in any way. The bad guys are just bad/ill tempered/immoral people, like in Westerns or old mysteries. Maybe I'm weird.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

But real life is no fun.

I didn't say an rpg about a character who spends all day in their living and bathroom, trying to solve the mystery of a mysterious mold growing in their kitchen.

Just...not "fantastical." I guess I'm burnt out on such from all the trends via movies and games and books. There was a time when something didn't have to be "fantastical" in order to still be entertaining.

• Like 1

Something like the Mount & Blade games but more fleshed out and with more depth?

Maybe....it would be better, anyway. Perhaps a little more modern of a setting tho, not King's and castles.

It's kind of funny.  I've defeated 4 of the 5 warchiefs in Shadow of Mordor, and all were much, much easier than some of the regular captains that have moved up the ranks.  The highest power warchief is something like a +12, whereas I've got a captain right now who is +20 in power (and has some ridiculous immunities).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

finaly finished Ys origins on hard... it was a walk in the park compared to nightmare (i could beat bosses that took dozens of replays in nightmare on the first try with barely getting any damage).

tomorow i start mass effect 3

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

It's kind of funny.  I've defeated 4 of the 5 warchiefs in Shadow of Mordor, and all were much, much easier than some of the regular captains that have moved up the ranks.  The highest power warchief is something like a +12, whereas I've got a captain right now who is +20 in power (and has some ridiculous immunities).

The first area is painful to play late on because everything is so easy. Warchiefs are especially bad since they stop ranking up, they can't do missions.

At least in the second area they might have been 20 and Legendary before hitting Warchief.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have finally decided to actually do a proper run of Wasteland 2. It one of two Kickstarter games that I have backed that I have yet to finish. (I haven't even started Dead State after its full release.) I am sticking with my ranger team of Brendan Rodgers, Louis van Gaal, Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho. These fells are tearing up any resistance I encounter. Mourinho is especially dangerous with his sniper rifle. Rodgers is cutting stuff up with his knife or blasting fools with his shotty. van Gal does everything, and some times goes total bro with his SMG or energy weapon. Wenger shills with an assault rifle. I've got Angie and the tribe chick with me. I decided to help Highpool with their quests and I also defeated the Wreckers. They were very easy because I had Vulture's Cry and Mourinho snipe everybode. The others just had to stay put and watch the slaughter. I'm now in the AG Center, and again, Mourinho is coming to good use, blowing up pods with his sniper rifle. A winner is he.

Playing a bit of Grim Dawn here and there.  I'm playing a Battlemage that's heavy on the battle and light on the mage.  

How's Act3?

Playing a bit of Grim Dawn here and there.  I'm playing a Battlemage that's heavy on the battle and light on the mage.  

How's Act3?

I haven't gotten that far yet.  Last time I played Act 2 wasn't even completed (though it was mostly complete), and this character is brand new and hasn't finished Act 1 yet.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Lowering the difficulty in Lords of Xulima makes the game much better. I don't think it actually makes the individual fights easier, but you get literally twice as much XP and things are cheaper. No idea why they did that -- higher difficulty should not mean "must grind more enemies". In other respects, this game reminded of a lot of things I disliked about old-school RPGs. I played them a lot when I was a child, but frankly, after the stories and characters of the Infinity Engine (most notably Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape: Torment), there is no going back.

I was looking through my Steam library and I noticed that Shadowrun: Dragonfall has been updated to the Director's Cut edition which apparently has some extra missions and more character interaction. Nice of them to do that without asking for more money. I've played the original before (I think I even went through it twice), but I think I'm going to give up on Lords of Xulima and play this Director's Cut Dragonfall instead.

Finished The Walking Dead Season 2. Maybe I cut some onions there at the end. Maybe.

Criticism is that the cast aren't as strong as the case of season 1 in the beginning. But it gets better halfway and beyond. It's still not as good as season 1, but I also felt less sure about some of my choices than I did for season 1, which is a good thing.

I started up The Wolf Among Us last night, played for 30 minutes before I went to sleep.

Have you ever heard a phrase that you thought you understood, but never really felt before? To put it frankly, this game has charmed the pants off me. They're in orbit now and I'm not sure they'll ever come down, I'm just glad they weren't my good pants.

I woke an hour and a half early this morning just to play more.