What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Looking to buy a game for the PS4, can I get some recommendations? I'm looking at The Wolf Among Us, Tomb Raider Definitive, Wolfenstein The New Order, Transistor, and The Walking Dead Season 2.

Other suggestions are welcome.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Elite Dangerous isn't bad. Still getting a hang of the game, rather scant documentation released with it but there was a manual released today.   Have just been cruising around doing bounties, but I will transition to doing exploration and mining today.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Looking to buy a game for the PS4, can I get some recommendations? I'm looking at The Wolf Among Us, Tomb Raider Definitive, Wolfenstein The New Order, Transistor, and The Walking Dead Season 2.

I liked inFAMOUS Second Son, myself, but I don't know if you're interested in that sort of game or not. I enjoyed Bastion but haven't bought Transistor yet. From videos I have watched, it looks cool. The Wolf Among Us was(is?) for sale on STEAM.

I kind of got tired of inFamous games. Second Son looks like it's been there, done that.

Wish I could play PC games, but the only thing I have access to anymore is... just not good.

I've only got 3 games so far for my PS4.  DA:I, Destiny, and CoD: Advanced Warfare.  You've played DA:I, Destiny falls short of what it attempts, and CoD is the same as all the others except it's got jetpacks.

I did pick up Far Cry 3 and a cheap version of Assassin's Creed Blackflag.  But I haven't played either yet.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ooh, or Lords of the Fallen. I hear good things about that.

Sony's having a holiday sale at the moment, the final week goes up tomorrow. Leaks are showing it'll have Alien: Isolation, which I might get for PS4 since I originally got it for 360 and have since disconnected that machine.

If they do any of those games on tomorrows sale, it's probably what I'll pick up. I know they did Tomb Raider, Wolfenstein, and Transistor already, but I missed it.

Lords of the Falle is enjoyable. Just don't expect a Dark Souls clone.

Can't really recommend The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead Season 2. Telltale found a winning formula with The Walking Dead Season 1 and it is producing more of the same. No real gameplay improvements, flat characters and boring storylines.

• Like 1

im currently playing the last member of the most frustrating game series ever made besides dark souls... Ys origins. and because im a masochist i play it on nightmare. just to make a comparison, i had to replay the second boss more than 20 times to beat it, while in other Ys games played on normal, i never had to retry even a late game or final boss more than 14 times. i shudder at the thought of how hard other bosses in the game will be

the most annoying part and the genius of their design is that while i fight the boss again and again, i keep thinking "if he did not have just one (any one) of it's skills, it would be easy to beat"

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Can't really recommend The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead Season 2. Telltale found a winning formula with The Walking Dead Season 1 and it is producing more of the same. No real gameplay improvements, flat characters and boring storylines.

I kind of want to play Tales from the Borderlands.  I tried playing Borderlands 2 for a while then gave up after a few hours of hating it profusely.  The thing is, I really liked the setting and characters, but I very much hated the gameplay.  An adventure game/interactive movie set in that universe seems very appealing to me.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, a game that struck me as somewhat Divine Divinity-esque; it tries to be a Diablo-clone in gameplay, but with a larger story and puzzle emphasis.

It funnily suffers from the same beginning pacing issues, where the game feels incredibly small and monotonous for the first act because you have one town with a dungeon below it full of mostly 1 enemy type.

Then right after I leave the town and begin Act 2, suddenly I'm approached by actual choice (like betraying my starting town to a bunch of nomads) and interesting enemies. What on earth happened here?

Edited by Nordicus

Playing Dead State. About 10 hours in.

Very surprised by the amount of complaining I've seen about the game so far. It's not a smash-hit, and it's a bit janky here and there, but I'm finding it really addictive. It could use some balancing though, some parts of the game really needs to be toughened up and other parts are in need of tuning.

Despite its reputation, haven't run into many bugs yet though.

One of those games that's shaping up to really be more than the sum of its parts. Definitely enjoying it. Some of the writing is really good (particularly enjoy the data tidbits you can find in the world, but the various small events that happen are also really nice).

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I kind of want to play Tales from the Borderlands.  I tried playing Borderlands 2 for a while then gave up after a few hours of hating it profusely.  The thing is, I really liked the setting and characters, but I very much hated the gameplay.  An adventure game/interactive movie set in that universe seems very appealing to me.

I'm kind of waiting for the entire season to release and then Telltale to offer episode 1 for free as a demo as they've done before. Or maybe one of you guys will be a guinea pig.

Maybe I shouldn't be so hesitant to buy Telltale games, I'm supposed to be the resident fanboy after all. But I always get wary when a company starts going to formula.

Playing Dead State. About 10 hours in.

Very surprised by the amount of complaining I've seen about the game so far. It's not a smash-hit, and it's a bit janky here and there, but I'm finding it really addictive. It could use some balancing though, some parts of the game really needs to be toughened up and other parts are in need of tuning.

Despite its reputation, haven't run into many bugs yet though.

One of those games that's shaping up to really be more than the sum of its parts. Definitely enjoying it. Some of the writing is really good (particularly enjoy the data tidbits you can find in the world, but the various small events that happen are also really nice).

I had my first crash last night, and have had one other bug where an enemy went indestructible. Not bad at all.

I do wish they had more of a Jagged Alliance 2 type turn based system than the Fallout one they went with to add some depth to the combat (things like interrupts) and I do find myself wishing that the NPCs and other systems had a bit more depth- but then again, there's an awful lot of NPCs to give depth to. At this point I'm finding it a bit easy as well, though the one time I ran into some military types two of them had me down to one active and two outright dead in the first round, so there clearly are more difficult encounters out there.

Overall I thought it was pretty good and still have that opinion. I suspect I won't finish it and very likely won't replay any time soon as I will get bored at some point, but I've already got my money's worth.

Started Dragon Age Origins with the intent of using this story for Dragon Age Keep and do the same when I play a game of Dragon Age2.

Wow its like going from a Mercedes (DAI) to beaten up Chevy (DAO).

What a primitive game. Can't believe I used to play this over and over. I keep hitting the space bar to jump and forget this stupid game doesn't have a jump ability. *Sigh*

470x268px-LL-3d581886_will-smith-men-in-

I legitimately cannot tell if Solaufein is trolling...

Dark Souls 1. Forgot to kill off Kalameet in my SL1 run. Fun boss, but took a little less than ten tries, so it wasn't too hard, I guess. Probably because I learned his moveset a lot from my SL99 NG++++++ run a while back. :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Still chugging along with DA Origins. I have a hard time replaying old outdated games that I've played so many times in the past.

Sten, the dog and the dwarven areas is the only thing that keeps this game interesting. I wish there was a Sten type character in Inquisition. I like Iron Bull but he is no Sten.

• Like 1

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Still chugging along with DA Origins. I have a hard time replaying old outdated games that I've played so many times in the past.

Sten, the dog and the dwarven areas is the only thing that keeps this game interesting. I wish there was a Sten type character in Inquisition. I like Iron Bull but he is no Sten.

Cassandra is more Sten than Iron Bull.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yes she is. All duty, very little sense of humor and when you catch her doing something that you wouldn't expect her to be doing, like reading someone's book, she gets embarrassed. Just like Sten getting embarrassed playing with a cat and eating cookies.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm having a good time with DA:O at present, but that's probably partly because I've only played it all the way through once before, and I'm already well past the high-water-mark of the other characters I started.  Currently mucking about the Dwarven politics stuff at the front-end of the Orzammar questline. 

But, yeah, Sten is easily the most fun character to talk to.  I like Shale and Wynne, too, but they can get a little one-note, which I imagine gets more annoying on repeat plays. 

EU4 as Russia again, messed up my game but will take the beating. Ottomans, as usual, bombing up with their Crimean and Nogai lackeys. Will have to see if scorched earth and winter will kill them down a bit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes she is. All duty, very little sense of humor and when you catch her doing something that you wouldn't expect her to be doing, like reading someone's book, she gets embarrassed. Just like Sten getting embarrassed playing with a cat and eating cookies.

When Sten's horns were removed, they neutered his outgoing personality.

And the final week of PSN sales is absolutely nothing. A good price on Ground Zeroes, but that'll keep me busy for 2 hours.

Really needing a recommendation for what to get, guys.