What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

"Better than any of the Mass Effect games for certain."

Hell to the no.

You schizophrenic now too, Voloswag? I can never read you sometimes.

Also, yuh-huh!

Edited by TheChris92

Plodding along in Shadow Warrior, still regularly struggling with the combo system, but since I'm playing on "normal" difficulty it's not such a big deal, though they are starting to really throw big numbers of enemies at me now.

I also finished the new Warframe "Tactical Alert" (basically events where you have to gimp your gear to be allowed to participate). It was the easiest yet (to the point of being trivial) and I solo'd 3 of the 5 mission runs I needed to complete it.

For any Warframers here who might be interested: I used a maxed out Saryn with a Latron Wraith without elemental mods, which resulting in a Conclave Rating of 498. Note that my Latron Wraith is a 4 Forma'd crit built one, so loosing the elemental mods wasn't a big deal.

One Way Heroics.

A fun japanese little roguelite, that has "always move east or the killing dark mist will catch you" as its central gimmick. So if you decide to not pick a treasure, and walk past it, that stuff's gone.

I really like it. My first finished playthrough on easy was with a barefisted pirate.

Edited by Nordicus

Mass Effect 1, the series has not aged that gracefully.. 2 and 3 made me forget about saving, so whenever I die I usually have to start over waaaay back. The Mako is also bloody annoying now, I liked it originally, but I just don't want to spend the time driving around badly rendered hills.

Maybe I'll skip it and go straight to 2.. but that seems a bit cheap too. hmmm

Fortune favors the bald.

Battlefield: Bad Company.

I bought a used copy of the game and I was wondering if the multiplayer was still up and running. Man, there was soooooo much fun to be had. Best Battlefield game ever and one of the best shooters of all time.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Got brand and branded nearly every Uruk in the starting area. I killed a few Captains by accident, mainly because the stun/flurry combo likes to blow up heads on enemies that aren't immune to it. And there was that one Warchief who I blew the head up because he had no intel to give me, but that was an accident, I swear.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

7DtD - a little annoyed how, even with zombie spawning off, when you're mining 35+ blocks underground, using no torches/fire, and are supposedly "undetected," screecher zombies randomly pop in and still know you exist, and start attacking above-ground fortifications near your location to flush you out. So you either: one, take minutes to climb all the way back up to fight the horde they'll call if you do expose yourself to be officially "detected", or two, wait it out and let them turn everything above you into rubble, or three, exit/reload and they magically disappear for a while. So far, they never seem to stop/go away once they spawn, so I exit/reload.

And yet, if I'm not digging underground and wander aimlessly topside at night, no screechers, ever.

They apparently have super-spidey senses that are only attracted by digging sounds.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Divinity: Original Sin, making my way through Hiberheim.  Just got inside the prison.  Holy smokes there are a lot of traps!  I'm also playing, Less Than A Day Until Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker!  I even have a half day at work tomorrow, so I can leave at lunch time and scoop it up on the way home and have all afternoon to play it.  :biggrin:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Branding is taking the fun out of Shadows of Mordor. Maybe I shouldn't be playing on normal, I guess.

You brand the bodyguards of one Warchief, then you call him out, he'll be surrounded by hostiles and easy pickings. Then once you brand him, it goes downhill. Want to take out a Captain/Bodyguard? Just send your Warchief. Then call the other Warchiefs out one by one and they're surrounded by 5 hostiles. Even when I got ambushed by one of those Captains that stalks you all it did was end up giving me yet another ally after two wraith/flurry combos.

I think I'm going to take a step back, make bodyguards out of every Captain I really like, and kill the rest. That way I can finally get some real rivals. I haven't had one since that guy I killed twice. First time I killed him, he came back with an eyepatch. Second time he came back, his entire face was wrapped in bandages/burlap. He's branded now, but he's the only one I ever established a real rapport with.

Oddly enough i'm coming to believe that i'd have preferred to play an Orc in SoM, though I expect the dynamic between the protagonist and Celebrimbor would be rather more...interesting.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Because he's not actually speaking, he's a wraith.

Oddly enough i'm coming to believe that i'd have preferred to play an Orc in SoM, though I expect the dynamic between the protagonist and Celebrimbor would be rather more...interesting.

I've seen a couple of people coming up with ideas for a Men v Orcs sequel where you have a ranking system for allies. It's just fan stuff, but getting enough positive reaction I hope it's considered for any potential sequel.

It would be quite interesting, especially if you take out Branding. Just have Captains and Generals for the men faction with traits you can call out to help take on Warchiefs. Some friendly Captains could also refuse to ally with the PC, giving reason to favor some over others in going up the chain.

Mass Effect 1, the series has not aged that gracefully.. 2 and 3 made me forget about saving, so whenever I die I usually have to start over waaaay back. The Mako is also bloody annoying now, I liked it originally, but I just don't want to spend the time driving around badly rendered hills.

Maybe I'll skip it and go straight to 2.. but that seems a bit cheap too. hmmm

The Mako bits are literally so much better with Cheat Engine's speedhack hotkeys. There's also the internal console speedhack command, which I used when I first played it, but Cheat Engine is more convenient and less trouble to setup.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Cap'n Toad: Treasure Tracker - I definitely like it a lot so far.  Of course, I absolutely love puzzle games, so the game very much caters to my likes.  So far, just getting the star to finish each course has been quite easy, however finding all the gems and completing the secret challenge can get quite tricky.  As you would expect from a Nintendo 1st party game, it's flat out beautiful (Nintendo's ability to create a great aesthetic is almost unmatched), overflowing with charm, and the production values are top notch.  Also, it makes really good use of the Wii U gamepad.  Hopefully the levels keep getting more difficult and more complex as I get further into the game.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Noticed there was a game on Steam called I am Bread. Another weird simulator I guess? Went to YouTube. Watched TobyGames 1st video of the game. I wasn't convinced to buy it, but the video/Toby sure made me laugh.

Back to 7DtD.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On my second play through of DA:I.  I was going to wait until the patch comes out, hoping it will fix the dialogue issues.  But I have nothing else to play right now, so I went ahead with it.  This time I'm playing as an elf mage.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Dead State. Not a pretty game and the interface is clunky and unintuitive. But there's still some promise with the writing and design.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Finished up a new game, The Old City: Leviathan, which was an unusually enjoyable "walking simulator". These things always rub me the wrong way though with their non-gameplay, but the story in this is actually interesting and the writing is very well done. Enjoyed it, though in hindsight I would've probably waited for a sale.

Played Never Alone, which is a platformer/puzzler. Great aesthetics and interesting subject matter (Alaskan natives). Unfortunately, the gameplay is rather bad. You can coop it with a friend, and I suspect this was how it was "meant" to be played. When you play alone, you switch between the two main characters and many times, the game is just too clunky. I've had many deaths where my AI companion would run to his/her death, or where the camera didn't know where to go. Frustrating experience. Too bad.

Also, I got Tropico 4 (with all the DLCs and expansions) recently. Haven't played 5 but I still maintain the first game in the series the best one. I'm enjoying 4 though. Playing with the soundtracks of 1 (including the expansion), 3 and 4 in the background and I'm having a good time. Seems *very* easy though unfortunately.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Dusted off one of my old PC's and booted up Eye of the Beholder, somewhat inspired by Endrosz' PoR playthrough. I have to admit that i'm mostly looking forward to the Legend of Darkmoon however, and importing my characters.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Just finished South Park... now the age-old question of "what to do next"

So many games on Steam, yet still so hard to choose...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

So while I wait for the first official patch for DA:I, I only play games after the first patch, I have decided to play Inquisitor

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241620/

Not sure if anyone has played it, it looks good. Apparently its a "dark RPG " :unsure:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I quit after an hour. Just boring. That's all i can say.

I have seen mixed reviews about this game, so lets hope I enjoy it :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

There's a lot of social injustice to correct in this game as well as romances and nudity so odds are that you will love it. It also takes a lot of the best things from games you've said you enjoy like Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect and Dragon Age and somehow manages to blend them together seamlessly. I've only hit the halfway mark so far but honestly, what I've played already for the past 30+ hours is some of the best gaming I've ever played. DA:I is a technical marvel and the story is the best thing Bioware has written. The plot has depth and the dialogue is all consistently on par with a good tv show or movie as opposed to a good videogame. Bioware have raised the bar for the industry and we're possibly entering the phase now where games are truly competing with other mediums at storytelling. Here's hoping CDPR do at least as well with Witcher 3.

Oh, you mean... Seriously? 

Edited by Serrano