[364] Enemies' health bar doesn't show dots although they have enough health left

Gairnulf

Question

[Description of the issue]

After an enemy has taken some hits it's often occuring that the red dots disappear completely.

[DETAILED list of steps to reproduce the issue AND what to look for]

I don't know how to reproduce it. I've attached screenshots to prove it though.

[Expected behaviour]

Red dots should denote correctly at what stage is the enemy's health.

post-130940-0-51677400-1417353896_thumb.jpg

post-130940-0-06294900-1417353899_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

7 answers to this question

Hello all,

Thank you for your postings. With regards to the Combat HUD pips being empty, but the character still being alive, I believe this is due to a bug where the pips and the Endurance status indicators, such as "Injured, Near Death, etc...", do not exactly match the actual Endurance value of characters. This is also the case for your player characters. You should be able to see points where an enemy displays as unconscious, but they still have that last tiny bit of Endurance left. A fix is already in place to correct this and is just in queue to be added by our programmers.

As for the pip on the far right side of the Combat HUD being visible at all times, we have seen this from time to time and it is a bug on a developer's plate at the moment. However, I don't believe that this has confirmed 100% steps. In each case that I've observed it's been seen on occasion, rather than an "always" issue. Sensuki, are you seeing this all of the time?

I will make sure to add both of these issues to the known list and link this thread.

Thank you both for your continued support!  :grin:

• Like 1

It's usually when there's between 1-2 pips left. You replied to a bug report about FX that I created the other day - this is the screenshot from that thread and as you can see, Medreth has two pips on the right and one on the left. I distinctly remember him being "Near Death" at that stage when I took it.

X3ag3cj.jpg

Why don't you change it to a health bar instead (Like we've been requesting repeatedly), that would be more intuitive IMO and more easily recognizable by new players.

Edited by Sensuki

It's usually when there's between 1-2 pips left. You replied to a bug report about FX that I created the other day - this is the screenshot from that thread and as you can see, Medreth has two pips on the right and one on the left. I distinctly remember him being "Near Death" at that stage when I took it.

Why don't you change it to a health bar instead (Like we've been requesting repeatedly), that would be more intuitive IMO and more easily recognizable by new players.

Thank you for the screenshot. This appears to be the same as we are experiencing and I expect that we will see a resolution to the issue once we've cleared out some of the higher priority cases. I have added the issue to the known list so that it can be seen easily when an update is made.

As for changing the HUD to a health bar, unfortunately since it's a suggested change to design, It seems more appropriate for the discussion threads.

Thank you!  :thumbsup:

As for changing the HUD to a health bar, unfortunately since it's a suggested change to design, It seems more appropriate for the discussion threads.

Well I've mentioned it in my last 3-4 suggestion videos/threads that have anything to do with UI. I guess I'll just keep doing it ;)