If i have an idea, what should i do?

Qistina

No one is interested? Oh well...forget about it then....

I think you need to do as Hurlshot suggested: develop your writing.

If that works you need to learn the boring but highly useful skill of project management. there are books on this.

If you can get through both those obstacles then you probably won't need us to explain the rest.

Good luck.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Try RPGMaker?

Those thing look like Warcraft 3 map editor, i can make that, but it's limited to  whatever it's offer

Even high end engines like UDK and CryTek are limited in what they offer if you're not a programmer. Try out what works. The best way to get your ideas for games heard is to make games. Start out with a smaller game, or make a vertical slice (a single part of your larger game).

Source: Experience.

Thank you

For now, i want to use KotOR style of writing, on the dialogue part, i don't write anything yet, but the sketch is like that. I mean i already have the characters, 8 of them, with personalities, i just want to sort it out what they want to say when the player ask them this and that, and party banters

In KotOr party members only talk for each level, when player rise level, party members will have dialogues, so i think it is easier like that. KotOR 2 is like a messed up a bit, Kreia talk about "in this ship" while not on the ship, so i pass that, stick to KotOR style for a moment. So 20 levels, 20 dialogues

I realize that i don't need to visualize everything, but through party members dialogue, they visualize the universe in whatever they say, isn't it?

The whole game mechanic is already done, just the story, background, art design, quests

Oh, NPCs dialogues are bit complicated, because there should be more NPCs to be interacted right? Even Bioware have writers, i have to do it all alone, but whatever, it just a hobby now

Edited by Qistina

I wonder how you guys makes stories i mean, i means do you guys making story first or the map first?

Putting some dots on the map and then decide what is the story going on in the area of the map or making story frame first then plotting it on the map?

I wonder how you guys makes stories i mean, i means do you guys making story first or the map first?

Putting some dots on the map and then decide what is the story going on in the area of the map or making story frame first then plotting it on the map?

Why not start out by making MODs? Divinity: Original Sin has a level editor. The classes in the game aren't fixed so you could probably get something close to what you want in that respect. Learning actual development tools is going to take some time and RPGs are among the most difficult games to start out on. Starting with mods could help you flesh out the process of your stories and creativity without the burden of learning full games development at the front. Finally, everything I've ever read about games development says mechanics and gameplay should be worked out before story because modifying story to suit mechanics is easier than modifying mechanics to suit the story.

• Like 1

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.