I'm finding it pretty hard to know what I should be doing...

ncreen_same

Are you saying you don't have quests and thus don't know what to do?

Talk to people in Dryford village, there is four quests to get there. Three of them will take you to the Dryford Crossing map. Otherwise it's mostly explore the countryside and some dungeons. The beta is between 3-5 hours long. Once you cleaned everything, restarting with another class might be interesting.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

and I'm getting bored just wondering around?

Any advice on how to be less bored?

If you are player that likes more story side of rpg I would recommend to speak to people and look things so that you can get to know lore and some of the character's

If you like combat I would recommend to leave starting map soon as possible and go one of the other maps and hunt down local wild life and maybe find your way to one of the dungeons

If you like exploration then you probably should make yourself familiar with stealth and searching mechanic of the game and start to find hidden things from the maps.

Mix and stir this aspects so that you find balance that corresponds with you preferences.

If you find all three aspects to be dull in beta then I would recommend to wait final release, so that beta will don't eat your willingness to play it. 

• Like 1

and I'm getting bored just wondering around?

Any advice on how to be less bored?

If you are player that likes more story side of rpg I would recommend to speak to people and look things so that you can get to know lore and some of the character's

If you like combat I would recommend to leave starting map soon as possible and go one of the other maps and hunt down local wild life and maybe find your way to one of the dungeons

If you like exploration then you probably should make yourself familiar with stealth and searching mechanic of the game and start to find hidden things from the maps.

Mix and stir this aspects so that you find balance that corresponds with you preferences.

If you find all three aspects to be dull in beta then I would recommend to wait final release, so that beta will don't eat your willingness to play it.

He forgot to tell you that you should talk to people first no matter what you do as most of your XP comes from quests.