What do you think the twist(s) will be in KOTOR II

KOTOR had it and since some here probably hasn't played it, I'll keep it a secret.

Even though the story is still vague right now, what do you think the main twist will be? I mean come on, you know there will be one, that is what made KOTOR so good.

So, based off of what you know, what do you think the plot twist will be?

"No....i AM your Brother"

Seriously though, i would not like to speculate about that, the chance is always that someone at this forum gets it right. Imagening playing KotOR II for the first time and thinking to yourself: "Hey! wait a minute! didn't xxx post something like this a while back?"

Yuck.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Reporter: Don't you think it's dangerous to send civilians into space?

Homer: I'll handle this... the only danger in space is if we land on that terrible Planet of the Apes... wait a minute. Statue of Liberty... that was OUR planet! YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

dumber than a bag of hammers

Somebody once said something to the effect, that there was only seven movie themes. The rest were variations of these. Same thing goes for plot twists. There are only a few and it will most likely end up being something, somebody has done somewhere else in some form. What is important is how it's done. Well written story etc. that like a stage act lets you forget the props, the wires, the spotlights (and emergency exit lights) etc, and loose yourself in the story. If it captivates the player, then which tools were used to do so becomes less important :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The main character turns out to be Master Vandar in a human costume. :rolleyes:

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I mean the plot twist in KOTOR wasn't something that was done before in a movie, atleast not any movies I have seen. It was something that you would never expect and thats how I think Sith Lords will be like.

I was thinking computer games (including crpg's), the movie part was just an analogy. Problem is the limited scope of a game that is supposed to have mass appeal. You can't create a crpg epic with 80+ hours playtime if you want to sell it to the casual gamer too. That puts a limit on how well constructed plot twists you can do. If you try to rush a plot, it becomes obvious (like Kotor, where you guessed it from pretty much your second dialogue with Bastila), if you drag it out, casual gamers becomes frustrated, no matter how good the plot is.

At some time in the development of a product, you have to make a strategic decision, as to who your target is and stick to that. I know what I want, but I also know what it is most likely that I get. I expect a few well written, either independend or maybe slightly intertwined plots, nothing too complicated for the impatient mind, but not simple enough to scare potential buyers of up and coming games away. B)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I mean the plot twist in KOTOR wasn't something that was done before in a movie, atleast not any movies I have seen.

really? i can think of at least two hollywood films in the past 15 years with the exact same twist.

i won't give the titles in case you ain't seen them, but their initials are AH and FC.

I mean the plot twist in KOTOR wasn't something that was done before in a movie, atleast not any movies I have seen.

really? i can think of at least two hollywood films in the past 15 years with the exact same twist.

i won't give the titles in case you ain't seen them, but their initials are AH and FC.

Don't forget Total Recall.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

^ I liked that movie.

If you're talking amnesia as a plot device, there's also Memento, The Majestic, The Bourne Identity, and Inferno (Ray Liotta) to name a few recent ones.

All of those have the same basic plot twist as KotOR too, except for the Majestic. I still liked how it was handled in the game though.

If you're talking amnesia as a plot device, there's also Memento, The Majestic, The Bourne Identity, and Inferno (Ray Liotta) to name a few recent ones.

i left out movies that use amnesia for a plot twist - the list would be endless.

the specific KOTOR1 twist - the protagonist discovers that he is actually the antagonist - has been done in at least 3 movies i can think of (thanks to whoever mentioned total recall - i'd forgotten that one). you could add 'identity' from 2003 to that list also, except that strictly speaking the protagonists discover both they and the antagonist are dissociative personalities of the same person, so not quite the same thing.

OTOH the general KOTOR1 twist - the protagonist discovers something disturbing/unsettling about his past actions/identity of which he has no memory - is commonplace.

at any rate, in CRPG terms, the specific twist has now been done enough to qualify as cliche - PS:T and KOTOR1 are enough.

I think the twist will have to do with your past during the Mandalorian War and/or to do with the PC and Revan! :)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!