[364]Culture points are not applied

Draffutt

Question

Culture points are not applied during character creation. Not only that they are actually taken away during conversations.

For example:

During the creation of my wizard I chose these stats:

post-66976-0-94436200-1417133049_thumb.jpg

When I get to the culture selection screen my resolve should have gone up 1 if I picked Aedyr. But instead it remained at 13 and if I make a selection that increases another stat my resolve drops by 1. Funny thing thou on the character screen (when you get in game) reports the correct value but doesn't apply it. More later.

post-66976-0-53901700-1417133202_thumb.jpg

Now how do I know it subtracts it instead of adding. When you talk to the giant one of the conversation tree requires a resolve of 13 in order to select it but the option stated I did not meet the requirement to use that conversation tree. Sorry I did not take a screen shot of that. I should have been able to select it since I already had a base of 13 and a +1 for Aedyr should have given me a 14 but instead according to the conversion I only had a stat of 12.

8 answers to this question

Drafutt: I already made a thread about this, for 364. :yes:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/69468-364-big-char-creation-bug-at-least-for-chanters/

Granted, my title and description of it pretty much sucked. ;)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Wow. And, I mean, how on earth can another stat (seemingly unrelated) get dropped as well in most cases during character creation? :facepalm:  :blink:  :unsure:  :huh:  :o  =]  :shrugz:

And how can so many BB players have missed this during them playing 364?

Are we the only ones caring about the attributes and points?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hello all,

Thank you for your postings and feedback. Fortunately this is a known issue, though it is not what it seems. The Attribute bonuses for each of the Cultures are always being added into the attribute totals you see during character creation. Aedyr is actually selected before you even reach the culture selection step. So the Attribute values you set when you allocate your points are already slightly inflated by the Aedyr Culture. This is why, when you reach the point of Culture selection, it appears that Resolve is dropping by one point when you select any Culture other than Aedyr (or Ixamitl Plains, which also grants Resolve).

As for the requirements when speaking to Korgrak, I will have to test these specifically to make sure there's no funny business going on in this area. It could very well be that these attribute bonuses are not affecting that particular dialogue node.

I will add this issue to the known list and link this thread so that others may see as well.

Thank you all for your continued support!  :sorcerer: