[364] A Bug in "Cat and Mouse" quest

Gairnulf

Question

[Description]

Killing Medreth without talking to him after deciding to double-cross him in favor of Nyfre doesn't give you the line you need to tell Nyfre to complete the quest when you get back to her in the inn.

[Test-case]

1) Take the quest from Medreth or Nyfre

2) Kill Medreth and his gang without initiating conversation with Medreth to tell him you'll be killing him.

3) Try talking to Nyfre. You can't tell her you've dealt with Medreth. This was a valid way to finish the quest in v333, but it isn't now.

[Expected Behaviour]

Talking to Nyfre after Medreth has died should finish the quest, possibly with different text depending on whether it was the player that killed him or some natural disaster :)

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

9 answers to this question

The funny thing is that you can kill Medreth without talking to anyone and then receive the quest reward from Nyfre.

Mhm, apparently after talking to her there is a check whether you told Medreth you'd kill him, instead of just whether he is dead.

eFoHp9V.png

Heh, I don't want to think the rest of the game has the same density of bugs, but I fear it does. I'm a web developer (although I haven't gone to school for that), and I've spent some time as a QA on commercial software, and also finding bugs, for now, really isn't that hard :lol: Sensuki has studied programming as far as I know. :)

Edited by Gairnulf
  • Like 1

eFoHp9V.png

Sensuki has studied programming as far as I know.

Yep. I did a general IT course at uni so I've done a bit of everything, although unfortunately not fantastic at anything either.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

Hello all,

Thank you for your postings. I have added this issue to our database so that it may be resolved. I will also make sure to add it to the known issues list with a link to this thread so that it may be easily tracked. 

Thanks again for your ongoing support!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1